Aegis Living
www.aegisliving.com Redmond, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Dwayne Clark

Pros:
  • "Aegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families"
    in 6 reviews
  • "The work environment is such a positive experience"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Their more distant properties from the home base in Seattle don't reap the rewards of having access to upper management"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fantastic Company to work for.

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
    Bothell, WA

ProsAegis Living is an employee first company that believes that if employees are happy and given the best environment to work in with great pay and benefits, they will in turn give the best care to the Aegis Living Residents.
    The company offers fabulous training and many opportunities for advancement.

ConsThere are no Cons. The company continues to be innovative in providing the best in the Senior Housing Industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Doesn't feel like "WORK"

ProsIf you share a passion for Seniors and want to help by working in a loving environment, Aegis Living is the right company for you. It does take a lot of emotional and physical work, but worth it when someone calls you their adopted grandchild or simply show appreciation and gratitude. The company is growing, and they are open to suggestions and ways to make things better for employees, residents and family members.

ConsThe only thing I would say is limited opportunities to grow and advance in your position. Since we are growing, I hope to see more opportunity for growth in the future.

Very Rewarding

Health Services Director (Current Employee)
    Aptos, CA

ProsAegis hires people who have a passion for service to the elderly. We work together as a team and really show interest and concern for our employees. This also is felt and seen at the corporate level.

ConsI have found none. I continue to feel supported and appreciated for the work that I do. Our home office is open and transparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continue to support and acknowledge all of the employees as you have been doing all along.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aegis Living

No Comment (Current Employee)
    Aptos, CA

ProsExcellent company culture. Supportive management. Flexibility and promotional opportunities.

ConsBest company around, there are no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the excellent work!

A rewarding experience!

Life Enrichment Director (Current Employee)
    Aptos, CA

ProsThere is considerable flexibility in terms of your own creative approach on the job. I have been fortunate to be able experiment with various activities for my residents to improve the quality of their experience. This is something that is really important to me. In terms of promotions, the general manager appreciates talent and is keen to promote the right people if they show dedications and resolve.

ConsThe cons come a little in conflict with the pros, they don't necessarily have to, but in this case they do. I think at the local level our company would benefit from more clearly defined structure. This could improve the integrity of our teams to function especially under high stress situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company values are the core of our organization and what really sets us apart. If we can strengthen those core values through a little more structure, flexibility in our approach, and resolve then the sky is the limit for our team.

Excellence in assisted-living care that also translates to excellent employees.

Public Relations Director (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsWhen I first began, the people here welcomed me with a special sign on my office window and immediately I felt like I was part of the team! It's a true family here and the people are absolutely wonderful!

ConsIt's a challenging industry but by working hard and generating results, what a rewarding experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the best things about management and I encourage them to continue it, are the "stand-up" meetings on Mondays where we go through the CEO's positive messages and personal responsibilities etc. Excellent motivator to begin the week!

Marketing Director

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a company that welcomes people who like to lead. They are super entrepreneurial and welcome ideas from all staff members no matter what your position. The people we serve are amazing people and we try to make each day special for them. I balance work and family with kids and have found the management flexible and accommodating. It's hard to put a dollar value on that. Salary is competitive though with others. I had another offer and took Aegis because it was better and I got a great vibe from my tour and interviews.

ConsI don't think that most people give this industry a look because they stereotype. Aegis is not a company that people should stereotype.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more interns so that we can get young people interested in this industry. We all know the impact of the baby boomers and the "silver tsunami" that's headed our way. Young people can learn a lot and give a lot.

Politics over Residents

Care Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pro is that the Residents and Families value you.

ConsCrabs in a barrel. The titles go to the heads of management. If you are not in the GMs inner circle, any hearsay is valid without you knowing what's been said. One-sided

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate should monitor turnover and facility management closer

Beneath the surface

ProsYou can feel good about what you're doing for others. The team members, for the most part, are wonderful people. There is very little micro managing. Corporate events are fun.

ConsThe hours employees put in are many and there is no reward for hard work. Executives aren't open to ideas and suggestions for improvement. Much of the sentiment expressed seems to be just for show.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the culture that's been built slip away

Marketing Director

Marketing Director (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the elderly. Busy, challenging (not boring!), Very hard working group of peers - I found them to be inspiring. Everyone works hard and hustles!

ConsGenerally speaking, LOTS OF EMPLOYEE TURNOVER. Not good for residents and harder to do your job as a Marketing Director (can't build trust with families).

Very competitive/cutthroat. If you don't cut their mustard, they let you go very quickly (sometimes without so much as a warning). I wasn't fired for the record, I left on my own volition, but I saw many MDs around me let go and it created a lot of fear/disillusionment. MDs can be the scapegoat for EDs.

As they grow, they don't seem to notice that their values are becoming increasingly compromised. The kool aid is diluted! Corporate seemed to turn blind eye to GMs that fill up building, but don't treat staff well.

Last, but not least, I hated offering promises to families of loved ones about fabulous activities, which were immediately cut when census dropped. It was disheartening not to deliver. Penny pinching practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the most successful GMs was a bully behind closed doors and practices unethical behavior.

Worked for Aegis Living? Contribute to the Community!

Aegis Living Videos

Aegis Living – Why Work for Us?

With 30 senior housing communities in three states, it is our great privilege to share in the lives of our residents, and we’re honored to learn the wisdom each person has developed over a lifetime. As a leader in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aegis Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark. All 87 reviews posted anonymously by Aegis Living employees.