Aegis Living

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
4.5

Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very positive experience in a company that cares.

Current Employee - Wellness Nurse
    Current Employee - Wellness Nurse

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Aegis is a very people-driven culture. It is very obvious they care about their employees and about their concerns. I work in the nursing side of Aegis and it is obvious that they communicate well, treat employees with dignity and respect, and have little "treats" that help employees (such as $1 lunches and $5 family meals).

They have little get-togethers every morning called "stand up" where you can pretty much talk freely about what's happening in Aegis or in your life. It's a very personal way to communicate.

I consider the pay to be competitive with some drawbacks (see the Cons section), but I do consider Aegis is a company of opportunity and growth as there are general managers within the company that are also registered nurses.

Cons

As a nurse these are the following cons:
    1. There is no differential for an evening/noc shift. As such there is sometimes fierce competition for scheduling for "prime" shifts as there is no incentive to work an evening or a NOC shift.
    2. Vacation hours are hard to come by. 90 days have to be worked before you see an hour of vacation pay, although sick time is provided after 30 days.
    3. OT is pretty much necessary in order to function properly here.

While I do consider the salary/pay to be competitive, I feel that there is not enough incentive for a person to take a NOC shift from a day shift position. This, to me, is one of the biggest concerns because scheduling is then based on a seniority position on high-demand shifts.

I would expect a high-class organization like Aegis to pay nursing (and care managers) the same differentials (or at least introduce one) for those who have to work an evening or nocturnal shift with the differentials scaled as appropriate.

Great place to work

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employee oriented company,, let's you do you do your job

Cons

Nothing, great company to work for

Keep it up

Fueled by growth opportunities to better not only oneself, but the senior community as a whole.

Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A family styled work atmosphere that recognizes talent, dedication and promotes from within, while also benefiting from being a part of a generously loving heart directed toward the elderly and their families.

Cons

Due to demand, state regulations and the drive for only involving top of the class employees / colleagues, the work load can be daunting. It would be helpful if, in the least, more part time employees could be hired.

Please hire more part time workers to assist in menial, but incredibly time consuming, tasks.

Rare company that you can love

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Doing good in the world for the greatest generation

Cons

balancing shareholders, residents, banks, employees and investors is a very difficult dance but not impossible.

Keep forcusing on exceptional resident care

Aegis is the BEST

Current Employee - Concierge in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My whole world has been blessed due to working for Aegis. The way we treat our Residents and each other is excelled by no other company that I have worked for.

Cons

With my experience working for Aegis, there is nothing negative to be said about this company.

We are very fortunate to have the best Corporate people who visit us from time to time and are very easy to talk to.

Very happy

Current Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Dana Point, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Assistant in Dana Point, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, very friendly and welcoming staff

Cons

No cons to list at this time

Keep up the good work

Aegis has been my family and home and I feel very comfortable been here.

Current Employee - Care Manager in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dwayne Clark cares for his employees and his employees care for him. We do whatever it takes to make sure that this company provides excellent service to it's customers. I am on the original employees of this company and I am very happy that I have been working here to almost 17 years this September.

Cons

I do not see anything that I can report in this section. I am truly great full that I work here.

Keep up your good work. Thank you for supporting my community so we can give the best care ever.

Aegis is a great place!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Care Manager in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In my opinion Aegis is a great place to bring a resident to have help with their activities of daily living. In my observations as a care manager I see that most residents love to be involved in activities such as walks around the block scenic drive, music and clay crafting.

Cons

At this time I don't have anything to address.

Aegis is an inspiring place to work.

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is a privilege to serve the generation that has contributed to make the society I am able to enjoy. Dwayne Clark, the company CEO, has cultivated a work environment which encourages its employees to become the best they can be. It is truly a "family" environment and a pleasure to come to work every day.

Cons

We become extended family of those we work with and it is never easy to say "good bye" to our co-workers as they advance in their career path.

Would love to have more training opportunities.

Aegis really cares about their employees

Current Employee - Lead Care Manager - AL in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Care Manager - AL in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Aegis is a company that helps employees when they go to difficult times. Room to grow and have a career with the help of our managers. There is always a manager available to listen to your concerns and ideas. Great team and work balance . Flexible hours according to our needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Thank you for all you do for us!