Aegis Living Reviews

246 reviews filtered by
4.7
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

The most poorly managed establishment (Kirkland) that I have ever worked for in any field or industry

Current Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

The residents and a decent handful of fellow care staff and nurses are good to work with.

Cons

Equipment falling apart, downgrading on quality of necessary supplies, chronically understaffed due to bargain basement wages (why work as a CNA for $10/hr when McDonald's pays $15?), high stress, detached management, dissatisfied and disgruntled residents

Advice to Management

The mission of Aegis includes the goal "to attract and retain the best talent", but this is not remotely possible for $10/hr. Because of the low wages, you attract no talent whatsoever and you have no ability to retain them. The result chronic staffing issues and egregiously overworked current staff that are all looking for the door. Start with a higher hourly wage, some active recruiting and recognizing talent and hiring from within and get the staffing levels up to par, then go to work on getting equipment and supplies back up to a reasonably acceptable level.

Great looking poor care

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Aegis Living

Pros

You got clam chowder on Fridays. Sometimes

Cons

Low pay. Nobody knew what they were doing. GM micromanaged and lied to employees.
    The company keeps reinventing the wheel.
    Forced happiness

Advice to Management

Higher seasoned workers. And pay them what they are worth. Dwayne Clark should sell one of his 16 cars and pay his frontline staff more then minimum wage.

Started great, went downhill.

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work if you have the right people.

Cons

Values have declined over time. Training is dismal with no oversight. Leadership turnover was dubiously high and accountability frighteningly low.

Advice to Management

They don't take advice. Especially from employees.

Politics over Residents

Current Employee - Care Manager
    Current Employee - Care Manager

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that the Residents and Families value you.

Cons

Crabs in a barrel. The titles go to the heads of management. If you are not in the GMs inner circle, any hearsay is valid without you knowing what's been said. One-sided

Advice to Management

Corporate should monitor turnover and facility management closer

6. Very difficult

Former Employee - Service Director
    Former Employee - Service Director

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary was market or above.

Cons

Upper management were not supportive. Management fired all the time. Care poor to residents . Care ratios high. 8-12 dementia per care manager. No advancement for care staff. No raises during 5 years as director. Care staff no raises.

Advice to Management

If you are hiring a third group of management in one year there is something wrong with corporate not new staff.

Care Manager

Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zero pros that had to do with the company. Some of the residents were sweet though.

Cons

Pay barely above minimun wage for very serious and heavy work load. Zero respect from supervisors and "Executive Directors." Way too high patient to caregiver ratio. All around bad care system. They understaff caregivers and then yell at them for not answering calls fast enough, truly frustrating.

Advice to Management

Stop being so concerned with the bottom line and staff enough caregivers to give proper care.

8. Wellness staff

Current Employee - Wellness Staff in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Wellness Staff in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good medical, great coworkers, enjoy time with residents, great lil benes-$1 meal etc, seems to really work at pleasing families

Cons

Admin doesn't keep his word- promised staff certain amount to do 1:1 with needy resident then after a few weeks of very hard work by employees he says: OH SORRY ONLY time and a half-nothing I can do. UNTRUE.
    SEVERAL ROOMS HAVE BEDBUGS & their dragging their feet getting rid of them, just sprayed, now reappeared and still biting residents.
    Frankly I'm disgusted.

Advice to Management

Consider honoring and respecting employees and keep your word. Respect residents enough to stop the infestations, just leads to poor care.

Beneath the surface

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

You can feel good about what you're doing for others. The team members, for the most part, are wonderful people. There is very little micro managing. Corporate events are fun.

Cons

The hours employees put in are many and there is no reward for hard work. Executives aren't open to ideas and suggestions for improvement. Much of the sentiment expressed seems to be just for show.

Advice to Management

Don't let the culture that's been built slip away

Marketing Director

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the elderly. Busy, challenging (not boring!), Very hard working group of peers - I found them to be inspiring. Everyone works hard and hustles!

Cons

Generally speaking, LOTS OF EMPLOYEE TURNOVER. Not good for residents and harder to do your job as a Marketing Director (can't build trust with families).

Very competitive/cutthroat. If you don't cut their mustard, they let you go very quickly (sometimes without so much as a warning). I wasn't fired for the record, I left on my own volition, but I saw many MDs around me let go and it created a lot of fear/disillusionment. MDs can be the scapegoat for EDs.

As they grow, they don't seem to notice that their values are becoming increasingly compromised. The kool aid is diluted! Corporate seemed to turn blind eye to GMs that fill up building, but don't treat staff well.

Last, but not least, I hated offering promises to families of loved ones about fabulous activities, which were immediately cut when census dropped. It was disheartening not to deliver. Penny pinching practices.

Advice to Management

One of the most successful GMs was a bully behind closed doors and practices unethical behavior.

I love the residents.

Current Employee - Lead Medtech CNA
    Current Employee - Lead Medtech CNA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents who live at Aegis are what keeps me there.

Cons

They do not hire qualified people,which doubles the work load for the qualified employees.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and raise the expectations for performance.The standards for training new hires is very poor.
    Recently, Aegis hired a person right out of cna school. He was trained by a person who had been with Aegis for two weeks. He was promoted to lead with exactly one month experience as a cna while management overlooked other better qualified employees. So the blind are leading the blind and management does not care. Duane Clark does not care about anyone but himself and his bank account.