Aegis Living Reviews

Reset
4.5
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• I believe that there is a very supportive work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

• Abusive language and manner in upper management create fear in subordinates, not greater function (in 4 reviews)

Care Manager

Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zero pros that had to do with the company. Some of the residents were sweet though.

Cons

Pay barely above minimun wage for very serious and heavy work load. Zero respect from supervisors and "Executive Directors." Way too high patient to caregiver ratio. All around bad care system. They understaff caregivers and then yell at them for not answering calls fast enough, truly frustrating.

Advice to Management

Stop being so concerned with the bottom line and staff enough caregivers to give proper care.

2. Very difficult

Former Employee - Service Director
    Former Employee - Service Director

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary was market or above.

Cons

Upper management were not supportive. Management fired all the time. Care poor to residents . Care ratios high. 8-12 dementia per care manager. No advancement for care staff. No raises during 5 years as director. Care staff no raises.

Advice to Management

If you are hiring a third group of management in one year there is something wrong with corporate not new staff.

Politics over Residents

Current Employee - Care Manager
    Current Employee - Care Manager

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that the Residents and Families value you.

Cons

Crabs in a barrel. The titles go to the heads of management. If you are not in the GMs inner circle, any hearsay is valid without you knowing what's been said. One-sided

Advice to Management

Corporate should monitor turnover and facility management closer

Started great, went downhill.

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work if you have the right people.

Cons

Values have declined over time. Training is dismal with no oversight. Leadership turnover was dubiously high and accountability frighteningly low.

Advice to Management

They don't take advice. Especially from employees.

Great looking poor care

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

Pros

You got clam chowder on Fridays. Sometimes

Cons

Low pay. Nobody knew what they were doing. GM micromanaged and lied to employees. The company keeps reinventing the wheel. Forced happiness

Advice to Management

Higher seasoned workers. And pay them what they are worth. Dwayne Clark should sell one of his 16 cars and pay his frontline staff more then minimum wage.

The most poorly managed establishment (Kirkland) that I have ever worked for in any field or industry

Current Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA

Pros

The residents and a decent handful of fellow care staff and nurses are good to work with.

Cons

Equipment falling apart, downgrading on quality of necessary supplies, chronically understaffed due to bargain basement wages (why work as a CNA for $10/hr when McDonald's pays $15?), high stress, detached management, dissatisfied and disgruntled residents

Advice to Management

The mission of Aegis includes the goal "to attract and retain the best talent", but this is not remotely possible for $10/hr. Because of the low wages, you attract no talent whatsoever and you have no ability to retain them. The result chronic staffing issues and egregiously overworked current staff that are all looking for the door. Start with a higher hourly wage, some active recruiting and recognizing talent and hiring from within and get the staffing levels up to par, then go to work on getting equipment and supplies back up to a reasonably acceptable level.

DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

The residents, their families, nice grounds, some nice staff

Cons

Just to let those reviewing reviews in making a decision to work for Aegis, don't read them! All these good reviews are written by staff that were bribed by the general manager so Aegis can get a fake reward for being the "best workplace," and the GM can look like the perrrrfect manager, even though he is far from it. Don't you think it's a little odd that the majority of the recent reviews are around the same time? This is the WORST place I've ever worked and will never go back into assisted living because of it. I have never felt more overworked, underpaid and unappreciated as I did working here. The turnover is past 80%. Doesn't that tell you something? Residents pay over $8000 a month to live there, yet they have 2 caremanagers and 1 med tech for over 40 residents? Those with more significant cognitive impairment sit and stair at tables all day and have little to no stimulation unless a "tour" is in session, which would prompt "baking cookies and playing the guitar" for show. Great! General Manager and Marketing only care about getting more people to move in, and will prioritize their time in "touring" potential clients instead of taking care of the ones they have. I truly believe the CEO is a good person and really does care for his residents, but he really needs to take a better look at employee operations and start questioning SUPER HIGH turnover and start looking underneath the surface, not just what your GM is telling you. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. Just ask the GM how many directors he's gone through in the last 2 years. A LOT!

Advice to Management

Go back to Hotel Management

Aegis Living Response

Jun 5, 2015 – CEO

This is Dwayne Clark the CEO, why I don't agree with some of the data and things you have written, we have obviously failed you as an employee. That is always devasting to me. There is no doubt that ... More

Do not bother

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Pros

My coworkers. They're great and make the day easier

Cons

The pay is awful for employees across the board. Hours are awful and you still work 5 days for under 20 hours. When residents complain about how terrible the company treats its employees its no wonder they are short staffed with high turnover. When there are no bonuses and no options for real growth or money why stay? Making minimum wage does not pay the bills. If you can afford to charge 6k+ a month, then you can afford to pay your employees 11$ an hour.

Avoid if you can

Pros

None, zero, nothing was really good about working there.

Cons

Low pay, incompetent management, etc...

I love the residents.

Current Employee - Lead Medtech CNA
    Current Employee - Lead Medtech CNA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The residents who live at Aegis are what keeps me there.

Cons

They do not hire qualified people,which doubles the work load for the qualified employees.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and raise the expectations for performance.The standards for training new hires is very poor. Recently, Aegis hired a person right out of cna school. He was trained by a person who had been with Aegis for two weeks. He was promoted to lead with exactly one month experience as a cna while management overlooked other better qualified employees. So the blind are leading the blind and management does not care. Duane Clark does not care about anyone but himself and his bank account.

RSS Feed </> Embed