Aegis Living Reviews

Reset
4.5
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• I believe that there is a very supportive work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

• Abusive language and manner in upper management create fear in subordinates, not greater function (in 4 reviews)

1. Why Aegis is great!

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

Aegis of Aptos has its many pros like, the bonuses they try to give to always help their staff out, the daily actives they provide to enrich the residents days, and the family-like environment they have created for their residents and employees. I think the over best pro Aegis of Aptos provides for its community is how understanding and caring the mangers are, not only to the residents and families but staff as well. Since I have had opportunity to work in different departments I have had the ability to see first hand how understanding an accommodating the mangers are. Out of all eight mangers I have not seen one ever show any signs of judgment to anybody, only positive attitudes. The best part is, the attitude and work ethics the mangers bring to work everyday helps set a great example for the whole staff and passes on positive energy! Who would not want to work with a manger who comes to work day after day ready to work hard with their ears open and a smile on their face?

Cons

I am not going to say Aegis has no cons or problems because that would not only be a lie but impossible. No matter where you work it will have its fair amount of problems and cons, but that's the thing,its not about the problems you have but about the way as a workplace you respond to them. The thing about Aegis that stands out is here at Aegis there is always a solution and no problem or con is unsolvable and it will not go unacknowledged. As a community we come together to work out our problems.I believe at Aegis there are not mistakes made but lessons learned which only help to better Aegis of Aptos as a community.

2. GREAT PLACE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Aegis Living

Pros

staff are helpful work environment is clean and neat respectful staff members effective communication works on improving the company

Cons

no flexibility with schedules care manager that has been there for 10 years are not always compliant

3. Care Manager

Former Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being able to help seniors is a heart warming experience Great Atmosphere Friendly co workers

Cons

The pay for the work you did was HORRIBLE! If your co worker was running late you had to stay If another care manager called off you have to work with every senior(There were at least 12) all by yourself for the whole shift.

Advice to Management

Please increase the pay of the caremanagers

5. Great place to work

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong corporate culture. Hard-working staff at communities and corporate office are committed to providing the best care in the assisted living industry. Head and shoulders above the competition. Would easily recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job or to a family looking for the perfect community for a loved one.

Cons

It's hard to think of something to balance the review because this is honestly a great place to work. Ask around.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Stay focused on providing the best in assisted living care and nurturing a good work environment. Events like EPIC are a wonderful example. CEO is passionate about caring for employees. Keep innovating.

6. Great place to work

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Committee staff. Hard-working co-workers with positive work environment. If recommend it to anyone. The know how to nurture a positive attitude. Events like EPIC are fantastic.

Cons

Not much comes to mind. Would like to give you something to balance but it's a good working environment with driven staff.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the mission of providing the best care to residents and their families. Stay the course.

7. nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the best workplace to work.....been a nurse for more than 17 years and have work for multiple companies...this is the best company ever work...very rewarding company and lots of room to grow.....

Cons

CNA (caregivers deserve to have same wage with LTC NAC because our residents needed same care what resident in nursing have and they deserves the best care)

Advice to Management

motivate and reward our care managers (CNA). without them, we will not survive. they do the hardest job of this business.

8. Great People Doing Great Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aegis truly is a great company to work for. They are extremely conscientious about company culture and do a fantastic job ensuring that the workplace is positive and supportive. Everyone is free to speak with anyone else in the company - I would be completely comfortable going straight to the CEO regarding anything, positive or negative, if I needed to. Having this support of everyone in the company ensures that the caring work we do for our Residents remains the foremost focus of our daily work and our company goals.

Cons

While Aegis has a wonderful workplace, there is room for improvement. The benefits are pricy, compensation sits at Fair Market Value, and so many business processes are archaic. Medical through Aegis is cost prohibitive if you make less than 45/yr and have a family to support. Similarly, the dental is so-so. As salaries match the market, the staff retention is more based on who can afford to stay more than who wants to - no the best foundation for a work force. Also, 90% of the time questioning processes has been met with "that's way we've always done it", rather than "this is the reasoning behind this process - do you have any suggestions for improvement?" - this is certainly not a huge obstacle, but it is an on-going annoyance.

9. Innovative!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living (More than a year)

Pros

Aegis Living is an organization that is based on basic principles, honest, transparent and with only one goal in mind: provide the best quality of care to our residents!

Cons

The Organization may not have the same resources as other large providers, but we manage well with what we have!

10. Best company I've every worked for...

Current Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Aegis Living has a committed leadership from the local on-site managers up to the corporate office and CEO of the company. Kindness is an expectation, not a prerogative. Benefits are decent and commitment to resident services and employees is second to none.

Cons

None I am aware off. Naturally, any company of this size has areas of enhancement. However, feedback and recommendations from line-staff are taken seriously and often considered and implemented.

Advice to Management

The strong focus on resident care and services combined with the solid appreciation of employees and employee satisfaction will continue to ensure the success of Aegis Living.

11. Hopeful Future. Great team!

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

I am blown away by the staff. From care managers all the way up to executives. Super smart people, who have the heart and guts to do their job. It is an honor to be a part of a team that genuinely enjoys bringing JOY to the lives of seniors. Instilling trust, intimacy and hope in our residents and their families. Very cool to meet so many people who are celebrating 5-10 year anniversaries! That says a lot about our company!

Cons

I would like us to be more competitive in paying our Care Managers. I'm excited about the new Employee Life Improvement Program that's being rolled out, that will hopefully raise wages, offer more opportunities for pay increases, and there seem to be a lot of other great perks with it, too. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Would also be nice to offer 401K Matching to FTEs.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating. And keep listening to your employees... take good care of them. Work toward having consistent management and teams at each of the communities. Each of our employees is truly a GIFT- management included- let's do all we can to keep them whole, productive, and happy.

RSS Feed </> Embed