Aegis Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
2.9

Sandip Sen

Pros
  • Nice place to work, Healthy work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Gas card gives discounts at the pump (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay scale can discourage especially if you joining as a fresher (in 5 reviews)

• I love coming to work & have nothing negative to say (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Hi mental/emotional stress, but hi teamwork values

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Aegis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great way to interact with people. 401k, Paid time off after 6 months, gas card discount. Can choose method of payment: check or pay card.

Cons

Don't take bad calls personally or you will be upset all of the time. Computers freeze up, making work difficult to complete. If you miss 16 hours of training, you will be terminated. There is also a point system for the attendance policy.

Update to newer computers, the ones from 2008 aren't doing so great. Staff is very friendly most of the time. Not everyone follows the rules, and it's usually the new people who have bigger expectations placed on them.

I worked full time for Aegis for less than 4 months but that was all that i could bear

Former Employee - Assistant Manager Operations  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager Operations in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is very relaxed. My direct boss was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC. I wish I could have taken him with me when I left. Global company and they believe in promoting from within.

Cons

The company is in complete disarray. When I started I had such high expectations. The culture is Indian based but that’s not totally a bad thing. They tend to doing things cheaply instead of doing what’s best even if it cost just a little bit more. This is shown in the outdated equipment that they used, from the phones to the computers. When I started they had 3 locations. The locations were so filthy and in need of repair that I was afraid to bring food in the building. In the old building corporate sat separate from the floor but this area too was completely filthy. At the new facility, which is a very old but nicely refurbished building, the offices were nice and clean. I sat in the corporate area but couldn’t get access to very basic necessities such is network connection, office supplies, etc. The agents are all cramped together with very little space to work. The call center floor was so loud that I’m amazed that anyone could hear the caller. The supervisors were loud and would yell constantly across the floor. The staff that supported the supervisors was equally loud and used these 2-way radios to communicate throughout the building. The conversations that they would have while using these radios were completely unprofessional and insanely annoying. There was even a point in the old buildings that the AC went out and they had to use fans to move air through the building. It
    I witnessed an employee in management get reprimanded on the floor in front of his colleagues which was completely unprofessional. All of upper management sits in a corporate area of the office completely separate from the rest of the center as to almost isolate them from what was happening on the call center floor.
    I don’t know who was doing the hiring over there but I will say, the old adage that you get what you pay for applies completely. They were paying $9 per hour for agents and 11-12 per hour for supervisors. This is way below the average for the area. This contributed to the high turnover rate they had as an agent could go literally across the street and start with $12 per hour.
    They were recently acquired by Teleperformance so hopefully that will bring about some changes within that company. As it stands currently I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Invest in technology for your center.

This company tries, but needs cleansing.

I have been working at Aegis

Pros

They have air conditioning. The cafeteria food Is pretty legit. You get paid every two weeks.

Cons

The work environment. The trainers are challenged. Overdramatic teaching.

Purge your system. Stop treating adults like children. Talk to people no at them. Lead by example. Take into consideration that employees have lives and are real people. Cleanse the production floor from favoritism.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible technology, poor management

I have been working at Aegis

Pros

Not able to give any

Cons

Lousy iT poor management feels like a high school

Start fresh with some new management

Not another day in paradise again!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Killeen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Killeen, TX

I have been working at Aegis full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training is pretty easy to fly through and it's mostly to help new hires familiarize with the programs agents must use. Many tenure agents are pretty knowledgeable and are willing to share tips. People do get hired from within. Some agents will help you through in between phone calls.

Cons

Instead of supervisors playing favoritism/helping the better agents to grow, help all other agents because not everyone learn at the same pace.

Help agents balance personal life and work.

A job with limited opportunities

Former Employee - Medicare Benefits Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Medicare Benefits Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis part-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn alot about Medicare and Seniors working here.

Cons

Horrible work environment, unstable job security, little appreciation for employees They record every call so the connection is horrible half the time. You have sales numbers they like to see, but you have no control over what type of calls you recieve.

They are being bought by another company so maybe it will get better. Buy better computers / equipment so your employees can perform their jobs better.

I worked at Aegis for several years.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company does offer opportunities for growth. If you are in a sales campaign, bonuses can be very stimulating. Each site of Aegis proactively enhances the work environment with silly but fun games and activities.

Cons

Generally, phone work can be difficult. If I had not promoted past an agent position I would not have stayed nearly as long.

excellent place to work

Current Employee - Csd  in  Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Csd in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis full-time

Pros

communication, Aegis take care of their employees & can work them selves up in the company.
    There are several employees at aegis of Aptos that have been working here for 10-15 years

Cons

I love coming to work & have nothing negative to say

Sales Associate for Humana RS. 9999 Technology Blvd, Dallas Tx./Irving Tx

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experience. Something you can put on your resume nothing more.

Cons

This job is by far the most unprofessional job I have ever worked at. The supervisors are loud, and ghetto, they have no respect for the associates. They yell across the floor with no regards that you are on the phone with a members. They will fire you over personal dislike towards instead of work ethic. They can disrespect, speak to you rude and if you speak up for yourself your fired. If they do not like you , you can forget about moving up in positions... They WILL find away to fire you. Instead they promote people who has been their for months based of off personal feelings while people who has been there for years are still sitting on the phones taking calls. This job is not professional and their is NO ROOM for growth.. and you constantly have to worry if you will have job tomorrow!!

Please investigate some of the supervisors you have in positions because some of them are abusing their authority. I could hardly believe what I was seeing some of your supervisors doing to hard working associates. Some of them are so unprofessional it's ridiculous.

Organization has grown through acquisitions but does not have along term vision for success in the BPO industry

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has diversified and has global delivery centers which provides customer with service options

Cons

India centric culture with no focus on innovation and process management which is important for success in the BPO industry; largely a contact center organization

Technology innovation is key to being successful in the contact center space; organization requires to be less India centric and invest in partnerships with leading tech co to compete effectivly

Worked for Aegis? Contribute to the Community!