www.aegiscomgroup.com

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
2.7

Sandip Sen

Pros
  • Nice place to work, Healthy work environment (in 12 reviews)

• Gas card gives discounts at the pump (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication from suprvisors and managers would be the biggest (in 4 reviews)

• Supervisors who like to SCREAM in the call center, so NO ONE could hear the customer they were speaking to (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Aegis

Pros

Easy to get hired, over time is always available, your co workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with

Cons

Sometimes this place can be very unprofessional

A drag to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Learned alot about Medicare. Understood more about medicare,medicaid,medigap,medicare part B,medicare part D and great team members.

Cons

Upper management is extremely abusive and inhumane. They treat people lie they are kids. The setting is very unprofessional. I wouldn't work there again.

Treat people like people.

Stressful

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you need a job and looking for work it is a job.

Cons

The training was not sufficient, high turnover , no professionalism at all. For the amount of stress you endure the pay is not worth it.

Be more selective with hiring and hire and promote people with more experience instead of just filing chairs.

WORST JOB EXPERIENCE EVER!

Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Sales in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Not one Pro. They even messed up my pay by not paying me for one week, and then putting the balance on a "Visa Pay Card." My bills don't take Visa, they take cash. VERY inconvenient.

Cons

No parking, ONE bathroom in a building of over 1200 employees, management treat workers like animals, messed up payroll, high turnover, building and work spaces are filthy, lip service as to "caring" about employees, poor pay, "bonuses" always taken away for petty reasons, old systems (computer and phones) always crashing. Supervisors who like to SCREAM in the call center, so NO ONE could hear the customer they were speaking to...

Hire qualifies people and pay them accordingly. Your company is a revolving door of ineptitude. Quit taking away bonuses for petty reasons (ie. 1 minute late signing in) and false goals. The Affinion product is HORRIBLE. Provide a bigger building with more BATHROOMS and PARKING. You should also not close yourself away from workers. YOU HAVE NO IDEA....

Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a paycheck while you look for something else. Pretty pond in the back with turtles.

Cons

Most unprofessional work environment I have ever seen. "Dissaray," as another reviewer stated, is putting it mildly. Hopefully Teleperformance, who just took over, can fix them.

The job pays about half of what it should "on the outside." The outdated computers (often filthy) and systems constantly make it difficult to impossible to do your job. They are so locked down they even block the information the company itself requires for you to complete your work. Getting that fixed takes an act of Congress. There is no new employee orientation so you know who is who, etc. Redundant reports are necessary daily. There is a complete lack of communication. Everyone is running around dealing with chaos due to lack of organization, SOPs, communication. Payroll is chaos. They are constantly getting paychecks wrong even with a biometric wall clock system, a computer clock system, etc. -- all this and then you still have to submit a timesheet in an Excel spreadsheet format via email to several people. It was as if they had started the business yesterday, yet they are a huge global business. Lots of sexual harasssment and it is ignored. Corporate offices are closed off and separate and they appear out of touch with what is really going on, blaming employees for not performing their jobs when the employee cannot even get simple tools like printer or copier access, their own computer and desk/work station set up for them properly, etc. The health benefits are so poor you end up having to pay the penalty to the government because they do not meet the Affordable Healthcare Act standards.

Yes, it does feel like a high school. People are dressed like they are going clubbing, fights in the parking lot, security guards everywhere. You get what you pay for in the types of employees you see. Agents typically make $9.50/hr. Constant turnover because people get better paying jobs in more organized and professionally run organizations.

Not a working water fountain in the building. Elevators have signs saying they are not for passengers. Freezing cold temperatures force you to wear winter clothes on 90 degree days. Agents have to wear winter coats, gloves, hats, etc. just to function.

Get it together!

Hi mental/emotional stress, but hi teamwork values

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great way to interact with people. 401k, Paid time off after 6 months, gas card discount. Can choose method of payment: check or pay card.

Cons

Don't take bad calls personally or you will be upset all of the time. Computers freeze up, making work difficult to complete. If you miss 16 hours of training, you will be terminated. There is also a point system for the attendance policy.

Update to newer computers, the ones from 2008 aren't doing so great. Staff is very friendly most of the time. Not everyone follows the rules, and it's usually the new people who have bigger expectations placed on them.

worst management!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I worked at Aegis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the pay check does cash!

Cons

The company is very nice at first and will chew you up and spit you out when they get slow!

Work more as a team not a dictator.

Terrible technology, poor management

I have been working at Aegis

Pros

Not able to give any

Cons

Lousy iT poor management feels like a high school

Start fresh with some new management

I worked full time for Aegis for less than 4 months but that was all that i could bear

Former Employee - Assistant Manager Operations in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager Operations in Dallas, TX

I worked at Aegis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is very relaxed. My direct boss was ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC. I wish I could have taken him with me when I left. Global company and they believe in promoting from within.

Cons

The company is in complete disarray. When I started I had such high expectations. The culture is Indian based but that’s not totally a bad thing. They tend to doing things cheaply instead of doing what’s best even if it cost just a little bit more. This is shown in the outdated equipment that they used, from the phones to the computers. When I started they had 3 locations. The locations were so filthy and in need of repair that I was afraid to bring food in the building. In the old building corporate sat separate from the floor but this area too was completely filthy. At the new facility, which is a very old but nicely refurbished building, the offices were nice and clean. I sat in the corporate area but couldn’t get access to very basic necessities such is network connection, office supplies, etc. The agents are all cramped together with very little space to work. The call center floor was so loud that I’m amazed that anyone could hear the caller. The supervisors were loud and would yell constantly across the floor. The staff that supported the supervisors was equally loud and used these 2-way radios to communicate throughout the building. The conversations that they would have while using these radios were completely unprofessional and insanely annoying. There was even a point in the old buildings that the AC went out and they had to use fans to move air through the building. It
    I witnessed an employee in management get reprimanded on the floor in front of his colleagues which was completely unprofessional. All of upper management sits in a corporate area of the office completely separate from the rest of the center as to almost isolate them from what was happening on the call center floor.
    I don’t know who was doing the hiring over there but I will say, the old adage that you get what you pay for applies completely. They were paying $9 per hour for agents and 11-12 per hour for supervisors. This is way below the average for the area. This contributed to the high turnover rate they had as an agent could go literally across the street and start with $12 per hour.
    They were recently acquired by Teleperformance so hopefully that will bring about some changes within that company. As it stands currently I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Invest in technology for your center.

This company tries, but needs cleansing.

I have been working at Aegis

Pros

They have air conditioning. The cafeteria food Is pretty legit. You get paid every two weeks.

Cons

The work environment. The trainers are challenged. Overdramatic teaching.

Purge your system. Stop treating adults like children. Talk to people no at them. Lead by example. Take into consideration that employees have lives and are real people. Cleanse the production floor from favoritism.

Aegis Photos