Aegis Therapies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram

Martha Schram

Pros:
  • "Outstanding clinical programs; outcomes; competitive salaries for staff therapists"
    in 15 reviews
  • "benefits are good for entry level therapist"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "Point-of-service documentation is requested, but not realistic due to very limited number of computers and limited internet access within the faciliy"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Unfortunately, the decision makers are several layers from the clinicians, accounting for many poor and unrealistic expectations"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

BEST company I've ever worked for.

Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Aegis Therapies for more than 10 years

ProsProviding you with the best clinical knowledge. CEU opportunities.
The opportunity for quality outcomes in resident's who receive the services.

ConsMaybe I didn't do enough for them over the 13 years that I worked for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn all things, there is a common denominator.

Unbelievable...Simply Unbelievable !

PTA (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood equipment ( Nautilus ), Good Therapists, E-documentation, Good Training Programs, Opportunity for promotion

ConsWhere do I start ? Productivity expectations of 90% or greater every day. 8-12 patient treatments @ 60mins each with no overtime allowed. Weekend work without overtime. No raises or bonuses. Vacation/PTO is earned, but rarely granted without working on the weekends before and the weekends after your vacation.
 Do I need to continue ?
Most Therapists don't mind working hard but they NEED to be appreciated . Aegis simply doesn't care enough about their staff therapists to treat them decently.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to start Out-patient services, Home Health services, and Direct Access services, because this Medicare gravy train will not last forever. Treat your employees a little more decently if you want improve
staff retention .

Good experience working for this organization

Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee)
Iron Mountain, MI

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 3 years

Prospay, benefits, management was good, few problems with the organization, standards are challenging to meet some time depending on patient load. flexibility.

Consability to keep enough therapists staffed locally to government regulation requirements on paperwork and evals. Management seemed to need some reorganization to become more efficient

Advice to Senior Managementreview current structure for possible changes to allow for better efficiency and flexibility in dealing with issues that effect employee's culture at all levels.

Would have stayed longer

Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee)

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalary, flexibility, caseload, somewhat manageable productivity expectations,

ConsStaff turn over, lack of recognition for above and beyond work,

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more.

Think twice...

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI like most if my coworkers.

ConsNo raises for 3 years. 90% productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not all about money.

Physical Therapist

Physical Therapist (Former Employee)
Rapid City, SD

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than a year

ProsI cant list any pros for this company. Worst experience of my life!

ConsOne word: UNETHICAL. Unrealistic expectations for productivity and they do not at all care about their employees. My DOR did so many illegal/unethical things it made me sick and it was micromanaged. Forced to work weekends even when you already worked Monday-Friday. We were not allowed to even request a day off unless we had someone to cover for us, and our PRN list was 1-2 people for the multiple buildings in the area. Often forced to see 10-12 patients a day and still expected not to work over 8 hours. They REQUIRE "point of service" documentation. I was told so many times "Go sit outside the patients room and document if they don't want to work with you and bill the patient for that time". They take in new grads who don't seem to know any better and try to form them into what they want them to be. It seems as though the DOR's are brainwashed and don't understand how horrible the company is. I will never again work for Aegis no matter where I live. I now see that they have MULTIPLE openings due to the revolving door nature of the company where I live. There were 6 people that quit the company within a 3 month period in JUST the one building I worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs a complete overhaul

Unrealistic Expectations with increased stress

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWhen I first started with Aegis, I was impressed with the company as a whole; good salary and benefits, initially great training in core programs, supportive management, sound ethics, acknowledged employee contributions, regular raises, and good communication with management.

ConsAegis has become a toxic company to work for with unrealistic expectations in a SNF setting for productivity and non-billable requirements (screens up the wazoo), high RUG levels that are totally inappropriate, no raises for 3 years or employer contribution to 401K, disconnect between clinical staff and management, poor communication, focus on the negative and short-comings vs. the amount of hard work that employees put forth on a daily basis to serve our patients, bottom line driven, over-time that is not compensated

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Medicare gravy train is coming to an end so it's time to invent a new way of delivering services, remove the greed, LISTEN to the the clinical staff and be proactive in resolving problems

Unrealistic and Unfair Company!

Therapist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time

ProsNice size gym. Good equipment. Offer free CEU courses to employees.

ConsVERY UNREALISTIC expectations. Productivity expectations are high for the large amount of non-billable tasks we are required to do each day. Area Management not actively involved or aware of what the challenges and successes of the team are. Managers make decisions based on emotions and inaccurate information, instead of being present with teams and learning who they are and making well informed decisions based on fact. Poor support from management in helping team deal with customer issues. Not enough training on IPads before expecting all staff to use without a fault. Corporate decision makers have NO idea of impact of many of the things they shoot out emails to teams and demand be completed....there are only so many hours in a day to do this all. Over the past few months, it seems like the focus of the company is on everything BUT patient care. That is why we all got in the business people - to help our patients!!

Advice to Senior ManagementCARE ABOUT YOUR PATIENTS AND EMPLOYEES. THEY ARE WHAT MAKES YOUR WHOLE BUSINESS.

Not a great place...

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)
Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for less than a year

ProsSoftware is fine, low productivity

ConsModality heavy, little say by therapy

Advice to Senior ManagementLess drama

I was able to get alot of work there PRN as an assistant.

PTA (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time

ProsThey have alot of locations all over the coiuntry

ConsThey push employees in certain departments too hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not drive good employees too hard.

Worked for Aegis Therapies? Contribute to the Community!

Aegis Therapies Videos

Aegis Therapies – Why Work for Us?

We’re one of the nation’s leading providers of rehabilitation services. At Aegis Therapies, we’ve brought together over 7,000 therapists in over 1,000 facilities across more than 40 states. As one of the nation’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aegis Therapies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aegis Therapies CEO Martha Schram. All 57 reviews posted anonymously by Aegis Therapies employees.