Aegis Therapies

Updated February 9, 2015
2.4

Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram

Pros
  • Fellow therapists and RPC in my building are good co-workers who's primary focus is to provide the best care we can to patients (in 3 reviews)

• Outstanding clinical programs; outcomes; competitive salaries for staff therapists (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Productivity expectations are high for the large amount of non-billable tasks we are required to do each day (in 10 reviews)

• The only way to provide required levels of productivity is to provide point of service documentation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Increasing productivity standards, great co-workers

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

Great staff, flexible hours, love the patients

Cons

Continually increasing productivity standards, some broken equipment in the therapy gym

Practicing Therapist

Current Employee - COTA/L in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Early in my career, I was provided with a multitude of leadership opportunities

Cons

In recent years, management and leadership positions have been limited to those who have superior degrees within the therapy realm, while I possess a Doctorate Degree in another area

Consider the years of experience and education and allow that to be equal to degrees of specialty

Steady dependable hours

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good PTO benefits, Steady dependable hours

Cons

high productivity expectations, Priority more on quantity versus quality of care

Stay away and protect yourself!

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

There are no benefits to list.

Cons

This company has really created a bad reputation for itself in the Midwest. It is looked upon as a company that hires and burns through new grads who are desperate for a job. Once they become seasoned and "know better," they leave. First of all, they are obsessed with productivity and are now at 90 percent for an expectation whis is both impossible and unethical. That is not enough time for using the bathroom much less doing proper documentation. Many people work off the clock while corrupt, money hungry management looks the other way. What they expect from you is impossible to get done in an 8 hour workday so most people work over lunch and stay after they punch out to do the documentation etc. There are no more rehab aides to do the schedule or filing either. Turnover is very high as would be expected in such a stressful environment. The benefits have also been vastly diminishing such as pay freezes and insurance premiums skyrocketing while upper management pockets huge bonuses. They told us that we should just be grateful for a job. But that's just an excuse and hoardes of people left when it leaked out that the big dogs had millions in surplus. Aegis also is very tricky with billing like billing individually in a group setting...don't believe what they say about the Medicare rules and protect your license! I got really tired of inappropriate people being put on therapy with these high minutes and they either wouldn't improve like in the case of dementia or they were unmotivated to participate etc. Also, the management's overlooking details about COTAs and PAMs certification got a bunch of OTRs in trouble with the state for aiding in the unlicensed provision of PAMs. Although the charges were dropped and the law clarified, many OTs were blacklisted by receiving a warning from the state to avoid getting in any trouble again because the PAMs thing was seen as a tick mark. After all that, I wish that I had never bothered to work for them--certainly not for their uncompetitive rates and I anticipate that it's a matter of time before they get in trouble federally for violating labor laws, Medicare or both.

Stop only focusing on the bottom line and treat your front line workers better than therabots working on an assembly line. Start practicing better ethics or your hard earned bonuses will be sacrificed in paying back federal and/or state penalties.

Productivity

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation accrual is quite good.

Cons

Productivity requirement is completely unreasonable.

Be reasonable. Care about the patient.

Started out good corporate communication,then corporate dropped support,lost contract and took weeks of accrued pay.

Former Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Mountain View, MO
    Former Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Mountain View, MO

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

The therapist were dedicated and many years experience in LTC.The work environment was fun for patients and employees.

Cons

Corporate handed over control of 4 contracted buildings to one person who made the work environment hostile. Corporate refused to get involved. nursing homes dropped contract.

Need to support staff that has been loyal and with them for multiple years.

Good steady work

I have been working at Aegis Therapies

Pros

Ok good place to work

Cons

Stressful too many things to try to do

93% productivity. Really

Director of Rehabilitation

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Continues to educate therapists. Supportive AVP, and HR staff. The work is challenging and constanty changing, however the corporate teams keep us updated and push for best practices and ethical work environment.

Cons

GOLDENLIVING CENTERS!!!! We need out, this is not a partnership in which our Therapist want their License hanging on!

Aegis Regional Vice President's should be a huge part in educating the Goldenliving AVP's and Administrators on what we do and don't do. They are all completely clueless to liability and PCT aspects along with Policies.

Good company who cares about it's patients

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Downs, KS
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Downs, KS

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ageis seemed like a pretty good company. They generally cared about patients and took time to deal with patients instead of trying to cram as many as possible into a work day. The pay was excellent and the benefits were pretty good.

Cons

I was in a small rural area. They weren't exactly new grad friendly and there was no mentorship of any kind. I would not recommend this job to anyone who is a new grad but if you have some experience under your belt this was a pretty good place. There is a lot of traveling involved and the scheduling is unpredictable.

My experience has been great thus far at Aegis tTerapies

Current Employee - COTA/L in Shelby, NC
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Shelby, NC

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff from top to bottom are willing to help when a new co-worker ask questions or needs help.

Cons

Small rehab gym. An hour away from my home. Not enough PRN people for coverage when we need to take PTO time

I have had no issues with management thus far.