Aegis Therapies Reviews

Reset
2.4
Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram

Pros
  • Fellow therapists and RPC in my building are good co-workers who's primary focus is to provide the best care we can to patients (in 3 reviews)

• very flexible schedules, nice facilities/equipment, great clinical education programs/leaders (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High productivity expectations, which they claim they do not have (in 10 reviews)

• Point-of-service documentation is requested, but not realistic due to very limited number of computers and limited internet access within the faciliy (in 5 reviews)

1. Great co-workers!

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed the teamwork and friendship of my fellow co workers.

Cons

Productivity is pushed too much to make for an ethical work environment.

2. Staff physical therapist

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

I loved being in on Saturday, had rehab
    Room to myself, pts felt more relaxed without the noise and often discussed their progress proudly or lack of due to medical set backs and vented their worries.
    I ran into a lot of other per idem displaces ST., OT all very professional and nice, learned from each one something different. Nursing staff very helpful, supportive easy to discuss cases with, open to suggestions.

Cons

Sometimes had to travel to other facilities that I really didn't mind unless they forgot the key to the rehab room or to leave me the pass codes to access the floors.
    Big con is that there is no automatic raises, you have to request.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the week end people, offer to tape the i services they hold during the week, leave staff meetings notes or the week end people know nothing of what's going on. Also, please offer annual raises, even cost of living would be great.

3. physical therapist

Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff and nice environment to work.

Cons

productive for eval time is not counted. Corporate ask for unwanted Documentation, too many documentation which leads to less treatment and more documentation. No holidays in an entire year for next 100 years +. Company does not recognize any american holidays and does not give holidays to any employee. However you can get leave using your PTO on those holidays.

Advice to Management

When you have holiday policy -try to follow them providing holidays to employees, do not ask to use PTO. Provide some important equipment through aegis- like standing table/tilt table, Nu-step as mandatory to all SNF and do not expect the facility will buy or provide. you are the one managing rehab, you can provide and bill them on your ties (companies).
    Provide restorative care through aegis and get paid for that from the facilities. Do not expect the facility will provide restorative care, because Ultimate sufferers are patient and if u dont patient then no business.
    thanks for good opportunity to practice.

Physical Therapist

Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In all seriousness, there are no pros to working for this company.

Cons

Where to begin? Unethical, not supportive, rude, poor treatment of employees, will change dates of signed documents, poor documentation system and technology, do not care about patients, upper level management is heavy and think a lot of themselves, expect you to be doing laundry/patient care/documentation/cleaning/scheduling/and taking phone messages all during patient care time, etc. It is only a matter of time until someone reports this company to Medicare for fraud.

Advice to Management

Get real, treat your employees with respect, and work in an ethical manner.

Poor upper management

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is pretty decent. People usually start here and leave after a year or 2 because even the good pay just isnt worth it.

Cons

Work life balance is awful. Not enough therapists to cover. Efficiency is more important than care. Policies for time off are out dated and unreasonable. Time away from work just means more work when i return.

Advice to Management

Your people are your #1asset. Take care of them and your turnover will improve.

7. Occupational Therapist

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

decent continuing education, decent therapy equipment

Cons

difficulty getting time off
    asked to go to outlying facilities with little or no notice
    management does not support staff
    punitive in nature

Advice to Management

stop treating therapists so punitively
    give time off whenever possible

8. Great leadership and great team members overall a great company to work for.

I have been working at Aegis Therapies

Pros

88% productivity requirement is not too hard to meet as a PTA. The company organize continue ED courses quite often. I enjoy working with patients and see their progress.

Cons

The company require you to work on holidays with regular pay rate. The PTO hours are hard to use because you need to ask your coworkers to cover your shift.

Advice to Management

Great leadership and great team members overall a great company to work for.

9. Physical Therapy Assistant

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Rehab staff. good benefits, 90% productivity.

Cons

NO holiday pays, and you have to work on Holidays.

10. Read reviews before going to work for this company

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

People I worked with in the rehab dept are great. They are the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

The reviews I read were older, but nothing has changed! I could have written most of them. I am shocked that this company has so little respect for their hard-working, dedicated staff. I wish I had seen these reviews before going to work here.

Advice to Management

Support your new employees with better training and orientation methods, rather than being so punitive. Not everyone comes to you with a skilled nursing facility background.

11. I was a staff OTR in a delapidated home.

I worked at Aegis Therapies

Pros

Good continuing education and emphasis on quality documentation as well as team work were emphasized and/or provided. Good benefits, decent pay.

Cons

Horrible getting time off and no options are available to say no if asked to travel to outlying homes.

Advice to Management

Take a less punitive approach and you will gain more employee loyalty.

RSS Feed </> Embed