Aegon Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014

3.2

Aegon Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO Alexander R. Wynaendts
Alexander R. Wynaendts

Great company, but looking to outsource a lot more to India. Best company when I started, heading down hill.

I worked at Aegon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay, great bonus, good people, international opportunities. You will learn a lot of good things that will help build your business knowledge. Great opportunities to do multiple jobs within this organization

Cons

Started to outsource a lot of things to India after 2008. Things became much tighter and poorly ran. Highly political and highly relationship based.

Listen to your people, fix processes and then look at outsourcing.

Exciting work, decent management, could use better benefits

Former Employee - Actuarial  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Actuarial in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Aegon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rather relaxed culture at our office, generally no overtime even though our project is on a tight schedule.
    The work I had was pretty exciting and I got to learn a lot of new stuff, but a lot of co-workers are not too happy.
    Manager was really nice and accommodating, they have a lot of budget for work outings.
    Pay is relatively more generous than what I've seen.

Cons

Too few PTO days compared to the rest of the industry, benefits are not good.
    I wish they could move to more desirable locations, Cedar Rapids and Baltimore are not good places to live.

Please consider improving the benefits, a lot of people are complaining.
    Please consider input from lower level employees about project timeline, that way we don't have impossible deadlines.

doesnt care about its employees

I have been working at Aegon

Pros

very few to none seriously

Cons

no consideration of employees and their families

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not the company it once was

Former Employee - Associate  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Aegon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great co-workers, fairly decent amenities depending on which building you work at

Cons

not much else anymore unfortunately. Used to be a great place to work but has gone way downhill. So many unhappy people. They would rather let go of hard working people who made the company successful and hire and train people off the street and their standards appear to be getting lower by the day with the tatooed pierced unprofessional looking people who keep coming through the door. No vision here except to have warm bodies in the seats to process the work. Its a shame so many talented people with years of experience have either been let go or have quit due to stressful conditions. They promote fear of losing your job as a way to make you work harder. Lots of people seeing doctors due to stress related problems coming from here. Glad I got out when I did.

take care of your people but I think its too late...no one buys in to your spiel anymore

Great employee friendly company

I worked at Aegon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very family and employee friendly

Cons

A lot of change in management roles

It was educational and professional experience that provided a roof over my families head.and food on the table..

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist III  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist III in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Aegon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Aegon provided educational courses at their expense. They made me Floor Marshall. They also have a state of the art Gym for all employees, benefits, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, Awesome colleagues and Peers.

Cons

Layoffs and changing their employees positions and placing them in a different department without any of our request.

Always have an open door policy and listen to the employees when there is something wrong and help prevent it from continuing.

Great company!

I have been working at Aegon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company culture and competitive pay

Cons

None that I can think of

It was like slave labor!

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Plano, TX

I worked at Aegon part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was part-time work, which is few and far-between.

Cons

Terrible work environment. Couldn't get up to go to the restroom without permission.

A conservative company trying desperately to hold onto the past through long term employee commitments

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Aegon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard to get fired. Stable. Relaxed work ethic. A very good company for those with families.

Cons

Hard to get non performers to get fired. Relaxed work ethic. Very good at hiring passionate people and then removing the passion. To achieve you must work through barriers not be encouraged.

Take a hard look at performance. Top down reviews from managers can be intimidating.

A multi-national company which is very stable, providing comfort for both clients as well as representatives

Current Employee - Associate  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Brea, CA

I have been working at Aegon part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's great to work for such a well-known, well-respected company, the multi-tiered compensation structure makes working for them truely comensarate with the amount of personal desire, training, work effort, & individual capacity to grow & excell. I appreciate working for a company that has NO glass cielings, doesn't hold back their reps, & has a well-defined, time-tested system of success that they've shared with the work force. Wish more companies were like this. There's very good compensation for those able to make a difference & working hard to help others.

Cons

This company is not likely to attract lazy or unmotivated people, they wouldn't be able to make it here. If you don't get out of your comfort-zone a little bit, you have a hard time generating business. This doesn't mean that the company, or it's products, or services aren't good, it just means that as one of it's representatives, you aren't doing what you need to do to make a positive difference for your clients.

Impress upon new people how important it is to be willing to trust your mentor, & follow what that person tells you to a tee... Then they'll see the success they are looking for.

Worked for Aegon? Contribute to the Community!