Aegon

Add Photos

Aegon Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO Alexander R. Wynaendts

Alexander R. Wynaendts

Great employee friendly company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery family and employee friendly

ConsA lot of change in management roles

not the company it once was

Associate (Former Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

Prosgreat co-workers, fairly decent amenities depending on which building you work at

Consnot much else anymore unfortunately. Used to be a great place to work but has gone way downhill. So many unhappy people. They would rather let go of hard working people who made the company successful and hire and train people off the street and their standards appear to be getting lower by the day with the tatooed pierced unprofessional looking people who keep coming through the door. No vision here except to have warm bodies in the seats to process the work. Its a shame so many talented people with years of experience have either been let go or have quit due to stressful conditions. They promote fear of losing your job as a way to make you work harder. Lots of people seeing doctors due to stress related problems coming from here. Glad I got out when I did.

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your people but I think its too late...no one buys in to your spiel anymore

It was educational and professional experience that provided a roof over my families head.and food on the table..

Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsAegon provided educational courses at their expense. They made me Floor Marshall. They also have a state of the art Gym for all employees, benefits, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, Awesome colleagues and Peers.

ConsLayoffs and changing their employees positions and placing them in a different department without any of our request.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways have an open door policy and listen to the employees when there is something wrong and help prevent it from continuing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company!

ProsGreat company culture and competitive pay

ConsNone that I can think of

It was like slave labor!

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsIt was part-time work, which is few and far-between.

ConsTerrible work environment. Couldn't get up to go to the restroom without permission.

A conservative company trying desperately to hold onto the past through long term employee commitments

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsHard to get fired. Stable. Relaxed work ethic. A very good company for those with families.

ConsHard to get non performers to get fired. Relaxed work ethic. Very good at hiring passionate people and then removing the passion. To achieve you must work through barriers not be encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hard look at performance. Top down reviews from managers can be intimidating.

A multi-national company which is very stable, providing comfort for both clients as well as representatives

Associate (Current Employee) Brea, CA

ProsIt's great to work for such a well-known, well-respected company, the multi-tiered compensation structure makes working for them truely comensarate with the amount of personal desire, training, work effort, & individual capacity to grow & excell. I appreciate working for a company that has NO glass cielings, doesn't hold back their reps, & has a well-defined, time-tested system of success that they've shared with the work force. Wish more companies were like this. There's very good compensation for those able to make a difference & working hard to help others.

ConsThis company is not likely to attract lazy or unmotivated people, they wouldn't be able to make it here. If you don't get out of your comfort-zone a little bit, you have a hard time generating business. This doesn't mean that the company, or it's products, or services aren't good, it just means that as one of it's representatives, you aren't doing what you need to do to make a positive difference for your clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementImpress upon new people how important it is to be willing to trust your mentor, & follow what that person tells you to a tee... Then they'll see the success they are looking for.

Great company with wonderful culture/environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsFantastic work environment, great people to work with and great work life balance. There will be times that you have to work hard but they are balanced out with getting to work from home.

ConsWith business units throughout the US and in Europe, some were in silos and hard to work with. They felt that we were encroaching on their territory.

What once was a great place to work no longer is

(Former Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsAegon has great benefits in terms of time off and medical insurance. They rival most of the other companies in Cedar Rapids on this feature.

ConsAegon is not the place to work if you want to receive fair compensation or if you prefer to be treated as an adult. They also have terrible measurements and standards in place for determining an employee's value and worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of your employees are valuable; you should treat them as such. The only reason you don't have more people walking out the door is due to the poor economy.

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsWonderful, intelligent employees, great culture.

ConsInternational company who decided to downsize and basically eliminate the vast majority of jobs in the Louisville area.

Worked for Aegon? Contribute to the Community!