Aeris Communications Reviews

1. Great pleace to build

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here, it is a great opportunity to learn about m2m technology and telecommunications.

Cons

I wish they could have an isolated break room.

2. Aeris is a real learning organization. Experimentation is encouraged and failure (with learning) is acceptable.

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart, very nice people. Cultural fit is important here. The politics are kept to a minimum. Hierarchy is not as important as ideas.

Cons

We're growing fast and feeling those pains. Not everyone knows each other anymore. We don't have a formal HR person or group.

Advice to Management

Working environment needs to be more flexible, permitting, for example, working from home.

It's fun working here at Aeris!

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time

Pros

Aeris is a small company so all doors are always open for you to take advantage and getting on bigger projects as well as working directly with senior leadership that you would not find elsewhere.

Cons

Everyone seemed to agree that there is a lack of "culture" here at Aeris but that is a working progress at any other companies. Management does recognize that and hopefully a fix will come soon.

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know your employees and have a career path development for them. No one like to be a junior employee forever (you have been there yourself in the younger days, correct?)

Great Summer Internship

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications

Pros

Established intern program and mentors that truly put effort into developing your professional skills. On top of this, I had a great intern class and became very good friends with my co-workers. I not only learned a lot but also really enjoyed my time at Aeris.

Cons

Sometimes you have to be proactive about getting tasks, and if you aren't you can end up sitting around with not much to do. If you are bored, talk to your mentor, they are likely unaware that you do not have work and will give you something to do. It took me a while to learn this.

Advice to Management

Intern pay is a little below market, probably should think about raising salary if you want to attract top interns. Give interns more responsibility, we can be trusted with important tasks.

Management by confusion

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can use any excuse in the book to leave early & come in late, no one really cares
    Not a hard working culture, no personal objectives are set, no success measures either. The trick is to get your boss to like you.
    Super hiring & office managers!

Cons

Don't be fooled by the title of the job, because it's not what you'll be doing. Ask for the title you want/call yourself what you want symptom
    No training or onboarding. Employees are left to their own devices once you spend one hour with the lovely office manager.
    You don't have the right to make decisions but get publicly reprimanded for not making the right decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling yourself: 3 x c-level execs, 10 VPs, & 6 directors is not proportional for a 90 person company! Muffin top comes to mind!

Apr 22, 2015VP of Marketing

Aeris has many highly experienced employees, some that have led companies and/or a functional area prior to joining the company, so they are brought in at a level that is comparable to their skills ... More

Everyone is leaving from all departments

I have been working at Aeris Communications

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Inflated Titles, Good environment to cruise in if you're not looking to advance.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, below market compensation, low morale, no career development path.

Advice to Management

Change things fast!

Apr 22, 2015VP of Marketing

In terms of communication, here are examples of what we have in place: Every month, we hold an all-hands meeting where everyone enjoys lunch and gets an update on what’s going on with the company ... More

Around 10% of the employees resigned today, Friday the 13th.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was too easy to get a job here. (But that should have warned me to not accept the offer. But oh well ..)

Cons

Where do I start ? Management level decisions happen behind your backs and that makes it hard for the employees to decide one way or the other. Someone here was promised a Visa sponsorship, but at the very end of the person's OPT they refused to file. Single point of failure is very apparent but that does not prevent them from being mistreated. Very often non-technical people get hired resulting in unnecessary bloat and overhead.

Advice to Management

Any self-help book should help.

Apr 22, 2015VP Software Engineering

We believe that, in the situation above, the person referenced had an OPT and had asked Aeris to sponsor a more permanent authorization. The problem was that this person’s work was deemed to be not ... More

Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some very talented people that are friendly and enjoy each others company. I learned a lot about full sales cycle account management and made some solid contacts in the M2M industry. I also had many success stories with customers which helped me prepare for future jobs.

Cons

To many high level managers, that talk all day about what they want and really provide no direction to get there. Departments are understaffed and pushed to their limits. This hinders the company's performance in support. And on top of that management struggles to justify aiding these departments. But has no problem adding another VP in a department that already has a VP and adding another layer to a already top heavy upper manager staff. It feels like the management is trying to have its people build its reputation rather then its performance and actions do the job for them.

Advice to Management

Support your departments, it puzzles me that the company values more talkers over it's doers.

10. software developer

I have been working at Aeris Communications

Pros

very good company . good opportunities

Cons

small and better company . good opportunities

Engineer

I worked at Aeris Communications

Pros

Good work location! Great development team. I learned a lot about M2M technology and worked with some very smart people.

Cons

There is a general lack of professionalism by management staff which has resulted in a hostile work environment and high attrition. It seems that management are unaware or unfamiliar with basic business etiquette and conduct themselves more like high school athletic team coaches than professional managers. It is common practice for managers to raise their voices, berate and insult employees in front of the wider team and this is unacceptable. I have witnessed new hires begin discussing their exit strategy within their first weeks!

With its current culture, the future success of Aeris is questionable.

Advice to Management

Professionalism, professionalism, professionalism!