Aeris Communications Reviews

1. Good Place, Good People

Former Employee - Director of Content in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Content in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications

Pros

Really nice and smart people are working together to develop cool technology. The company is on the road to success in the interesting, young market for cellular machine-to-machine communications (M2M) and the Internet of Things (IoT).

Cons

Not so many, as they are in a startup mentality trying to do the right thing.

Advice to Management

The more pay the better is the mantra for all employees in the tech field.

Oracle DBA Consultant

Former Employee - Database Administrator Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Database Administrator Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications (More than a year)

Pros

The VP & director of operations, have zero knowledge on DB and they don't trust the DBA's. They don't do their responsibilities and they expect DBA to work 24/7 without accounting the overtime hours. The director uses foul language ,is a Sadist, racist (he can not hire other than Asian Indian). No professionalism in Operations team.

Cons

I filed the case with Labor commissioner, Sanjose superior court too for my overtime pay. Since I filed complaint on the director with his manager (VP operations), he became a sadist.

3. Amazing Place to Work

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications

Pros

Really the best experience I've had as an intern. The company looks to make your experience amazing. The program is really well designed, and the people who work there are all awesome. You get to be on a team of other interns, who are all your own age. The pay is good, and the company facilities are amazing (kitchen with coffee and some snacks, gym access for free) and it is so small that you even can get to know the CEO personally. It is a great place to intern.

Cons

Sometimes I did not have a lot of work to do, which did make the days slower, but it really is what you make of it - I should have asked for more!

Advice to Management

Really nothing. Great program.

5. Great pleace to build

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here, it is a great opportunity to learn about m2m technology and telecommunications.

Cons

I wish they could have an isolated break room.

It's fun working here at Aeris!

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time

Pros

Aeris is a small company so all doors are always open for you to take advantage and getting on bigger projects as well as working directly with senior leadership that you would not find elsewhere.

Cons

Everyone seemed to agree that there is a lack of "culture" here at Aeris but that is a working progress at any other companies. Management does recognize that and hopefully a fix will come soon.

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know your employees and have a career path development for them. No one like to be a junior employee forever (you have been there yourself in the younger days, correct?)

7. Aeris is a real learning organization. Experimentation is encouraged and failure (with learning) is acceptable.

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart, very nice people. Cultural fit is important here. The politics are kept to a minimum. Hierarchy is not as important as ideas.

Cons

We're growing fast and feeling those pains. Not everyone knows each other anymore. We don't have a formal HR person or group.

Advice to Management

Working environment needs to be more flexible, permitting, for example, working from home.

Great Summer Internship

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications

Pros

Established intern program and mentors that truly put effort into developing your professional skills. On top of this, I had a great intern class and became very good friends with my co-workers. I not only learned a lot but also really enjoyed my time at Aeris.

Cons

Sometimes you have to be proactive about getting tasks, and if you aren't you can end up sitting around with not much to do. If you are bored, talk to your mentor, they are likely unaware that you do not have work and will give you something to do. It took me a while to learn this.

Advice to Management

Intern pay is a little below market, probably should think about raising salary if you want to attract top interns. Give interns more responsibility, we can be trusted with important tasks.

Management by confusion

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can use any excuse in the book to leave early & come in late, no one really cares Not a hard working culture, no personal objectives are set, no success measures either. The trick is to get your boss to like you. Super hiring & office managers!

Cons

Don't be fooled by the title of the job, because it's not what you'll be doing. Ask for the title you want/call yourself what you want symptom No training or onboarding. Employees are left to their own devices once you spend one hour with the lovely office manager. You don't have the right to make decisions but get publicly reprimanded for not making the right decisions.

Advice to Management

Stop fooling yourself: 3 x c-level execs, 10 VPs, & 6 directors is not proportional for a 90 person company! Muffin top comes to mind!

Apr 22, 2015 – VP of Marketing

Aeris has many highly experienced employees, some that have led companies and/or a functional area prior to joining the company, so they are brought in at a level that is comparable to their skills ... More

Everyone is leaving from all departments

I have been working at Aeris Communications

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Inflated Titles, Good environment to cruise in if you're not looking to advance.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments, below market compensation, low morale, no career development path.

Advice to Management

Change things fast!

Apr 22, 2015 – VP of Marketing

In terms of communication, here are examples of what we have in place: Every month, we hold an all-hands meeting where everyone enjoys lunch and gets an update on what’s going on with the company ... More

Around 10% of the employees resigned today, Friday the 13th.

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was too easy to get a job here. (But that should have warned me to not accept the offer. But oh well ..)

Cons

Where do I start ? Management level decisions happen behind your backs and that makes it hard for the employees to decide one way or the other. Someone here was promised a Visa sponsorship, but at the very end of the person's OPT they refused to file. Single point of failure is very apparent but that does not prevent them from being mistreated. Very often non-technical people get hired resulting in unnecessary bloat and overhead.

Advice to Management

Any self-help book should help.

Apr 22, 2015 – VP Software Engineering

We believe that, in the situation above, the person referenced had an OPT and had asked Aeris to sponsor a more permanent authorization. The problem was that this person’s work was deemed to be not ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed