Aeris Communications Reviews

Marc Jones

1. Summer Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The summer internship has been a great learning experience. Managers are very patient and will help you learn. Good company culture.

Cons

Expectations are not clearly communicated.

Exciting company to be a part of!

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time

Pros

I would say the people and the constant growth are what's great about this company. They are looking to continuously be innovative in a space that is booming - keeping us all on our toes for what's to come next! It makes me look forward to coming to work. If you're a person who is looking to be a part of a fast-paced, high-growth company where you can really make an impact - Aeris Communications is the place.

Cons

I don't have any negatives about the company right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and excitement - it trickles down to all of the employees.

When a company has 50% 1-star reviews, don't trust the remaining 50% 5-star reviews.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are from DeVry University, Aeris will hire you no matter which degree you are pursuing.

Cons

The work culture will drive you crazy before driving you out.

Advice to Management

None

Oracle DBA Consultant

Former Employee - Database Administrator Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Database Administrator Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Aeris Communications (More than a year)

Pros

The VP & director of operations, have zero knowledge on DB and they don't trust the DBA's. They don't do their responsibilities and they expect DBA to work 24/7 without accounting the overtime hours. The director uses foul language ,is a Sadist, racist (he can not hire other than Asian Indian). No professionalism in Operations team.

Cons

I filed the case with Labor commissioner, Sanjose superior court too for my overtime pay. Since I filed complaint on the director with his manager (VP operations), he became a sadist.

6. Good Place, Good People

Former Employee - Director of Content in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Content in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Really nice and smart people are working together to develop cool technology. The company is on the road to success in the interesting, young market for cellular machine-to-machine communications (M2M) and the Internet of Things (IoT).

Cons

Not so many, as they are in a startup mentality trying to do the right thing.

Advice to Management

The more pay the better is the mantra for all employees in the tech field.

7. Amazing Place to Work

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Really the best experience I've had as an intern. The company looks to make your experience amazing. The program is really well designed, and the people who work there are all awesome. You get to be on a team of other interns, who are all your own age. The pay is good, and the company facilities are amazing (kitchen with coffee and some snacks, gym access for free) and it is so small that you even can get to know the CEO personally. It is a great place to intern.

Cons

Sometimes I did not have a lot of work to do, which did make the days slower, but it really is what you make of it - I should have asked for more!

Advice to Management

Really nothing. Great program.

8. Great pleace to build

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here, it is a great opportunity to learn about m2m technology and telecommunications.

Cons

I wish they could have an isolated break room.

It's fun working here at Aeris!

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time

Pros

Aeris is a small company so all doors are always open for you to take advantage and getting on bigger projects as well as working directly with senior leadership that you would not find elsewhere.

Cons

Everyone seemed to agree that there is a lack of "culture" here at Aeris but that is a working progress at any other companies. Management does recognize that and hopefully a fix will come soon.

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know your employees and have a career path development for them. No one like to be a junior employee forever (you have been there yourself in the younger days, correct?)

10. Aeris is a real learning organization. Experimentation is encouraged and failure (with learning) is acceptable.

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aeris Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart, very nice people. Cultural fit is important here. The politics are kept to a minimum. Hierarchy is not as important as ideas.

Cons

We're growing fast and feeling those pains. Not everyone knows each other anymore. We don't have a formal HR person or group.

Advice to Management

Working environment needs to be more flexible, permitting, for example, working from home.

Great Summer Internship

Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Intern in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Established intern program and mentors that truly put effort into developing your professional skills. On top of this, I had a great intern class and became very good friends with my co-workers. I not only learned a lot but also really enjoyed my time at Aeris.

Cons

Sometimes you have to be proactive about getting tasks, and if you aren't you can end up sitting around with not much to do. If you are bored, talk to your mentor, they are likely unaware that you do not have work and will give you something to do. It took me a while to learn this.

Advice to Management

Intern pay is a little below market, probably should think about raising salary if you want to attract top interns. Give interns more responsibility, we can be trusted with important tasks.

RSS Feed </> Embed