Aerobics and Fitness Association of America

Updated Mar 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Linda Pfeffer

The worst job I have ever had.

Data Entry (Current Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America part-time for more than a year

Pros- Sometimes it's air conditioned.

Cons- Management badmouths you to CEO then badmouths CEO to their buddies.
- CEO pretends she cares about you when in truth she only cares about how much work she can squeeze out of you for as little pay as possible. She doesn't respect you or your time.
- Everyone gossips about you or about someone else.
- Company enforces dress code for some but not for others.
- I have a degree in computer science, guess what I do? Data entry at minimum wage.
- Worked here for 2 years, had to fight tooth and nail for a 50 cent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to be friends with people you have no qualms about throwing under the bus. We know you're two-faced.

Do not work here!

Media Department (Former Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are no positive things about this place.

ConsThere are so many wrong things with this company that it would be a long list to place them all. Here are a few of them:

- There are security cameras all around to check on you
- No pay raises
- No insurance, dont ask
- No future
- No parking
- No benefits
- Hardly any holidays
- No compliments
- Nothing you do is right

The company is run by the CEO alone, everything that goes on in the company needs to be run by her, EVERYTHING!!! If you have a problem with someone you don't go to your manager, you go to the CEO because she is the one that wants to resolve everything. There is plenty of drama to go around for an entire life. People have no respect for each other, they yell, stab each other in the back and gossip about you and everyone to everyone. There is this group of women that all they do is yell and make noise all day, they hang around the break room all day, laugh out loud and no one tells them anything. If someone else farts or coughs you get in trouble.

People get hired to work for a certain department, but end up working in data entry for months, sometimes years. You will be given jobs like envelope staffing, your degree means nothing here. I knew of a guy that had a masters degree in IT and he was pulling boxes all day from the storage.

You have people, watching you all day. They go behind your back to the CEO and tell her everything that you do. They check on your computer screen every time that they walk by you and tells the CEO what you do. At times they act really nice to you, but its only a cover. All computers are hooked up with a tracking software that checks everything that you do.

Some people try to gain your trust and then back stab you in the back. They are the biggest gossipers in the company, and they also tell the CEO everything that you do.

I bring these people up because this is the situation that goes on around here every single day. The CEO asks for opinions from people to make her company better, or in other words make her money and keep paying you the same low pay, but at the end she does what she had in mind from before, so your idea does not count.

The CEO attitude is this, there are no pay raises or insurance because the company is not doing that well. Three weeks later she buys a $60,000 BMW from the dealer cash. Buys her family a 4 million dollar house the same year. The company has money, she makes well over 10 million dollars a year, yet cant afford to pay 80 employees, which more than 50% of them work for an agency.

If you get an offer for this company do not accept it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your job, stop looking at what others are doing just to get them in trouble. Maybe you can stand up to your department instead of throwing them under the bus.

Worst company I have ever worked for

Media Department (Former Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsYou can wear black jeans everyday, blue jeans on Friday only if you behave

ConsThere is nothing great about this place. One day I saw the CEO (president, owner), fighting with another employee. The CEO was yelling at (employee) about some workshop and (employee) answer back. The CEO then proceed to yell at her back and continue to close the office door (employee office) on her face. The employee then tried to open the door and the CEO held the door close shut holding on to the door handle. They fought for the door for about 10 minutes until the CEO almost face planted on the floor. This are some of the things that go on in this company. There is no respect from any one, and no surprise, there isnt any respect from the CEO either.

There is no future, no career growth, no pay raises, no insurance, no parking (have to pay your own or park in the streets where there is hardly any parking, if you park outside you have to move your car every two hours or so if not you will get ticketed or towed away) hardly any holidays, no respect, too many people working together stuffed like sardines. We had a holiday were the entire building (12 floors) was out on holiday, except us. We had no A/C, no restrooms services and there was no one in the parking lot, we were the only cars parked there. We had to be there in case that someone will call so she could make a $100 sale that day. Phones were dead, so there was hardly any work to be done. Even like that we still had to be there. Cameras everywhere to check on what you are doing are placed for the president paranoia. Read the other reviews, they are dead on! I dont want to repeat the same things, but what other people say is the true. You might think this is a joke, sadly is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop gossiping about everyone and everything. Stop crying to the CEO about everything that happens in the office. Dont try to be friends with someone to find out something about them only to turn around and tell it to the CEO so you can collect brownie points.

Worst place to work or have a career

IT Support Department (Former Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America full-time for more than a year

ProsNone, none, none, none, none

ConsThe company is run by a hypocrite and a person who only cares about herself and how much money she can make out of people. She makes you feel like an idiot everytime that she talks to you. She feels like if she is your mother and treats her employees like little kids. There is no future for you here. You will work for minimum wage all your time here, if you ask for a raise you are given nonsense reasons why you are not getting any money. If for some reason you do get a raise you will get .25 or .50 cents, and she will make it seem like if she is making you a favor. The previous reviews are right on, it seems over the top but its not, unfortunately that's how things work here. The president, CEO, owner and runs everything. There are managers and supervisors but none of them do nothing to help you, instead they backstab you and step all over you. If you get an offer to work here run! Do not look back! There is no future for no one here. I have never seen so many unhappy people in one place. Its depressing and stressful. There are cameras that follow your every move and you also are tracked to see what you do on your computer, all your keystrokes are recorder with a tracker software. There is constant yelling from the CEO to her employees and to any one that does not agree with her. Do not come up with up to date ideas, or ideas that are fresh or that they will simply work. Your idea will get shutdown and the CEOs idea will be the only one that will work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement here is useless

Took my money and ran!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America as a contractor

ProsThere is nothing positive to be said about this company.

ConsThey treat you very poorly.
They take your money and don't issue refunds even when they tell you on the phone that they will.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter yourself!!! Drastically improve how you treat customers and employees.

No money is worth the use and abuse of the CEO who runs the show of this company.

IT Department (Current Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America full-time for more than 5 years

Prosyou get to wear whatever you want. no one to impress.

Cons*tyranny
*cameras around for paranoia from president only
*you are never right
*you have to support the CEO's crazy ideas even if it doesn't make sense in the real world (think of the queen of hearts from Alice in Wonderland, this is her mentality with the cards listening mindlessly at her commands)
*no pay raise
*no parking spots
*no benefits
*no vacation pay for part-timers and temps(more than half of the company)
*insults from the CEO all the way to "supervisors"
*paranoia everywhere
*everyone is guilty
*no compliments
*no recognition for good deeds
*yelling is normal
*low standards
*no growth
*everyone is encouraged to rat each other out(you get bonuses if you do)
*people only get rewarded if you stab people in the back
*who cares what you do, so long as you are loyal to her. muahahah
*you will go crazy if you stay here too long.
*logic goes out the window the second you step foot in the building
*no one is treated equally

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for others.

She doesn't find value in any of her employees.

Marketing Department (Former Employee)
Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsThere is none unfortunately except the little comradery left and the small paycheck that will help you barely keep you afloat in life.

ConsVery hostile environment. You get in trouble if you laugh, talk to others, or smile. There are no incentives. She let's you know that you are as good at how much money you can get her, all the while you get blamed for anything and everything she makes up in her head that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no funds for middle management. She wants to micromanage everyone.

Different types of jobs, normal at this place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule
No other positive things

ConsNo insurance
You are hired to do one job and end up doing other jobs
No parking
No respect
No room to grow
Lack of management
Lack of direction
No respect from president towards employees
Every department is a drama and everyone argues
No benefits
Expect no raises, and dont ask for any
Can be there years and you will never make more than the minimum
Too much gossiping going on
This place is full of back stabers
People walk around all day and dont work, then you are given many asigments with short deadlines
Overcrowded
Way too much to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no management, it would be good if there was a company structure.

Worked for Aerobics and Fitness Association of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerobics and Fitness Association of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aerobics and Fitness Association of America CEO Linda Pfeffer. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Aerobics and Fitness Association of America employees.