Aerocare

CEO

AeroCare taught me about Medicare Appeals and Quality

Current Employee - Medicare Appeals Processor in Wesley Chapel, FL
    Current Employee - Medicare Appeals Processor in Wesley Chapel, FL

I have been working at Aerocare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home, gaining experience in Medicare policies and procedures.

Cons

No supervision, difficult to get answers to questions

Maintain open communication

Service tech

I worked at Aerocare

Pros

It was a really easy job. It was nice helping people. Easy to get time off. Nice bonuses the other drivers

Cons

The management sucks. All they are concerned with is money and cutting costs. It's a cheap company and they are petty.

Stop being cheap and be fair to employees

First 2 years we had a great and caring team. We love our patients!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Magnolia, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Magnolia, AR

I worked at Aerocare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy going to work there first couples years. I love my staff and the manager was awesome to work with. She train me on a lot of positive stuff I needed to know in the medical field and what to watch for on audits. If I had a problem with patient she was there to help out. Every morning we had a meeting to discuss what happen during the day and also how the patients doing.

Cons

AR and LA Medicaid is a challenge to get them to pay for equipment.

Wish the district manager would have work one on one with the manager to get he/she train for the spot for the manager. Instead of making them figure it out by their self.

Lack of good management

I have been working at Aerocare

Pros

I liked the people I worked with

Cons

Think twice if you do not have experience with DME. They say they will train but there is not a free moment to do so, then you seemed to be looked down on in the process. The incoming calls interrupt you achieving what needs to be done on a daily basis even with up to six people handling them. I seemed to think "there has to be a better way", but who am I? Just a CSR!! A lot of frustration within the environment with management...yet no one addresses it. Bottom line is the sales representative's run the show bringing in the income and management knows who they must cater to. Glad to be gone

Hire someone to do specific jobs and let them handle that job!! Do not put 5 other things on their plate. The "Aerocare way" can definitely be improved, starting with location managers.

Sales/Marketing: Lack of structure and support

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing Representative

I have been working at Aerocare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Make your own schedule. Compensation decent considering what your responsibilities are.

Cons

No corporate structure, each location is run as its own small business with major problems. No support from staff outside of your location. Training is subpar. Money wasted on expensive dinners when it could go to additional and more informative training and/or salaries. Flat vehicle allowance regardless of the size and mileage driven month to month.

Develop and enforce a corporate handbook, to promote structure, and consistency within branches and regions.

It's a job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Aerocare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fulltime, good co workers, easy work, no drama with co workers, which is unusual working with all women

Cons

low potential for growth in this company, they are not willing to pay for really good employees to keep them, which is why I don't see much growth occurring in the near future.

Great Company

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Aerocare full-time

Pros

Not too big, not too small DME company. and upper management is wonderful. Great company to work for if you are wanting to break into pharma/med sales. Great bonus opportunities if you are good. They are expanding their sales force right now so there are a lot of open positions.

Cons

So far it seems like there is not much room for advancement, but if they continue to grow as they are, I believe that will change.

Excellent Experience

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Aerocare

Pros

Excellent company. They do things the right way. You can sleep at night and look in the mirror in the morning, knowing you are working for a good company.

Cons

No cons really. The company has many experienced people in the proper roles with little to no "middle management" so there really isn't a "ladder to climb."

The only advice to management is to somehow find a way to reward those who, at different companies (that need it), may move up the ladder.