Aeroflex

Aeroflex President, CEO & Director Len Borow

Len Borow

Reactive not proactive

Mid Level Manager (Former Employee) Plainview, NY

ProsYou can actually progress here by taking on additional responsibilities.

ConsPanic when something goes wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnough about the numbers!

As a company, not very organized

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPeople are great. Everyone is friendly and wonderful to work with. Everyone I met was highly intelligent and hard working. The benefits are incredibly competitive.

ConsMost politically charged environment I have ever worked for. Different divisions of the company don't seem to be too interested in working with each other to better the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry advancing the company as a whole. Not just each division. It your put all your heads together you can really make things work.

waste of time

ProsNone, nothing to list here

Conspoor organization, uneducated managers, stressful

Advice to Senior Managementquit

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kiss up to the right people, and you will go far.

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsThe money is fairly good, better than at some other workplaces for those without a college degree.

Perks? What are perks?

As for work-life balance, they should provide on-site housing, you are expected to be there so much.

ConsA long tenure of employment earns an employee much in the way of vacation time, or so they say, but if you want to actually use any of the accrued time, they will make it very unpleasant for you when you return to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet higher standards for supervisory personnel, and if their underlings have complaints about them, take it seriously.

Sacrifice the longer term for the immediate

ProsComing from a small company that got acquired, the big company resources is nice

ConsComing from a small private company that got acquired, the bureaucracy/overhead is frustrating. The quarterly churn of being a public company is extremely tiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomehow figure out how to not only focus on the current quarter. Long term for the win, Alex.

Nice balance of work and life where everyone is treated like a family.

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsFamily atmosphere, set your own hours, and hands-off management

ConsBenefits are less than generous, raises were scarce.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the product line and balance out the salaries from the over paid top level engineers. A 2-3% raise is a big difference on both ends of the salary spectrum.

Horrible company

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsWorking compressed shift in nice.

ConsEverything. Very unfriendly people. Most employees are hugely under-educated. They have no idea how to accomplish product development. The senior management are dinosaurs and are just counting their days till retirement. The two engineering dept's dont get along with each other. Its constant high stress and arguing all the time.

Advice to Senior Managementretire!

Change is coming

Employee (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood people to work with and the product is very interesting to work on.

ConsManagement is slow to change and is old school in style. Needs to be turnover and forced retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood choice on new leader, let him make the changes necessary corporate.

A good internship experience

DSP Intern (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsVery relaxed enviornment - work basically whenever, as long as you get things accomplished. Provides lots of exposure to communication algorithms and C/C++. Internships pay a low hourly rate but come with ridiculous perks, namely paid housing and a (substantial) food reimbursement plan. Free on-site lunches as well.

ConsDepartments tend to communicate poorly, which means that some work gets wasted due to poor understanding of requirements and intended usage.

What a waste!

AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee)

ProsThey have some very good technology and product ideas.

ConsThey rarely have the budget or drive to follow through with good product ideas. They stop short at 75% and wonder why product don't sell better. Top management is a bunch of "Good Ol' Boys" protecting each other when there is so little competence and a complete lack of leadership in the field.

They have sales meetings where lots is said and they pump you up. When you get home you're faced with the reality that you don't have much to sell and what you have doesn't work very well.

Turn over is sales is incredible. When you leave, their attitude is "He sucked anyway". They just don't get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmart, educated leaders don't always make good leaders. Without leadership, you're doomed. You need leadership in the factory and field.

Worked for Aeroflex? Contribute to the Community!