Aeroflex

Be The First To
Add Photos

Aeroflex President, CEO & Director Len Borow

Len Borow

Sacrifice the longer term for the immediate

I have been working at Aeroflex

ProsComing from a small company that got acquired, the big company resources is nice

ConsComing from a small private company that got acquired, the bureaucracy/overhead is frustrating. The quarterly churn of being a public company is extremely tiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomehow figure out how to not only focus on the current quarter. Long term for the win, Alex.

As a company, not very organized

Business Development Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeople are great. Everyone is friendly and wonderful to work with. Everyone I met was highly intelligent and hard working. The benefits are incredibly competitive.

ConsMost politically charged environment I have ever worked for. Different divisions of the company don't seem to be too interested in working with each other to better the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry advancing the company as a whole. Not just each division. It your put all your heads together you can really make things work.

waste of time

I have been working at Aeroflex full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNone, nothing to list here

Conspoor organization, uneducated managers, stressful

Advice to Senior Managementquit

Kiss up to the right people, and you will go far.

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe money is fairly good, better than at some other workplaces for those without a college degree.

Perks? What are perks?

As for work-life balance, they should provide on-site housing, you are expected to be there so much.

ConsA long tenure of employment earns an employee much in the way of vacation time, or so they say, but if you want to actually use any of the accrued time, they will make it very unpleasant for you when you return to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet higher standards for supervisory personnel, and if their underlings have complaints about them, take it seriously.

Nice balance of work and life where everyone is treated like a family.

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFamily atmosphere, set your own hours, and hands-off management

ConsBenefits are less than generous, raises were scarce.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the product line and balance out the salaries from the over paid top level engineers. A 2-3% raise is a big difference on both ends of the salary spectrum.

Horrible company

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking compressed shift in nice.

ConsEverything. Very unfriendly people. Most employees are hugely under-educated. They have no idea how to accomplish product development. The senior management are dinosaurs and are just counting their days till retirement. The two engineering dept's dont get along with each other. Its constant high stress and arguing all the time.

Advice to Senior Managementretire!

Change is coming

Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aeroflex full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood people to work with and the product is very interesting to work on.

ConsManagement is slow to change and is old school in style. Needs to be turnover and forced retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood choice on new leader, let him make the changes necessary corporate.

A good internship experience

DSP Intern (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at Aeroflex as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery relaxed enviornment - work basically whenever, as long as you get things accomplished. Provides lots of exposure to communication algorithms and C/C++. Internships pay a low hourly rate but come with ridiculous perks, namely paid housing and a (substantial) food reimbursement plan. Free on-site lunches as well.

ConsDepartments tend to communicate poorly, which means that some work gets wasted due to poor understanding of requirements and intended usage.

What a waste!

Area Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have some very good technology and product ideas.

ConsThey rarely have the budget or drive to follow through with good product ideas. They stop short at 75% and wonder why product don't sell better. Top management is a bunch of "Good Ol' Boys" protecting each other when there is so little competence and a complete lack of leadership in the field.

They have sales meetings where lots is said and they pump you up. When you get home you're faced with the reality that you don't have much to sell and what you have doesn't work very well.

Turn over is sales is incredible. When you leave, their attitude is "He sucked anyway". They just don't get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmart, educated leaders don't always make good leaders. Without leadership, you're doomed. You need leadership in the factory and field.

Waste of 6 years of my life

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Aeroflex full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCo-workers were some of the best people I have ever known and worked with.

ConsManagement is extremely poor and there is so much in-fighting between department heads nothing productive is ever done. They are untrustworthy and should be let go, not retired, just let go. Senior management is clueless to the meaning of company morale and pride in work. Business ethics are unknown there and I am surprised they are still in business. Human Resources does nothing for the common employee as they are too busy protecting management. Complaints fall on deaf ears and attempts to correct ills within the company result in termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor this company to succeed in the future, it would need to gut all of management and replace with trained personnel. None of the current management staff is worth spit and they will be the downfall of this company.

Worked for Aeroflex? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aeroflex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aeroflex CEO Len Borow. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by Aeroflex employees.