Aerohive Networks

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Flynn

Professionally keeps me hungry...!!! Which makes me want to learn more and contribute more.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsProfessionally Stimulating
    Fun place to work
    Great work-life balance
    Fantastic Management
    Flexible working hours
    Company Parties and lot of interaction with the top management

ConsI have been here for a year and do not see any cons! It is a a very productive enviornement.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the momentum going....
    Cross training Employees as we grow
    Regular Bench Marking

Pre IPO review

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsA lot of the employees are fun people. Most people seem to get along and most the managers in sales are doing admirable jobs. The Director of Inside Sales is a sharp person who is very analytical and fights for his employees.

Aerohive had the best benefits of any company I've ever worked for, not just the unlimited vacation policy but health benefits as well.

ConsThe Office culture was ok but the company grew really fast pre IPO so it's hard to continue to hire A+ talent when the initiative is to grow that fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more advancement for employees across departments

OK company that pays well

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation is higher than industry and they offer good benefits. Unlimited vacation policy is one of the perks. For those reasons, I gave them two stars.

ConsThe culture took a turn for the worse after IPO. Change in management is causing a flood of turnovers. Sales and engineers come and go. This is seen across all departments. Only the employees pre-IPO are treated well. Newbies forget it. You have to work really hard for a promotion or know the right people.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the politics and start paying attention to the culture. Hire more sales and engineers pronto.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place if you want to analyze and debate everything

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAerohive will never commit a mistake because every decision must be looked at a hundred times leaving no stone unturned. Of course, the competition then passes you, but hey, you didn't fail, right?

Hours are not bad. Since the IPO, the parking lot empties out around 5-6. You won't have to work hard.

ConsThe company is allergic to making decisions, and basically tries to do everything all the time, with the result being that none of it is done well. There is zero accountability when things aren't done well.

There is no growth. Managers pretend that you can advance to motivate you, but after they don't promote you, the message is pretty clear. You will never be promoted if you disagree with anybody important, and when they are wrong the company suffers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you want to do something, commit and don't be afraid to make a mistake. Remember that employees are people and have goals other than maintaining your wealth.

Great company with lots of work to do!

Human Resources (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat leadership, fantastic product, lots of growth potential

ConsNeeds more cultural diversity, running out of facility space due to company growth (not necessarily a bad thing as the employee population is growing)

The Worst Start Up Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThey have some great employees working there -- unfortunately they're all miserable.

ConsMgmt finds no value in their employees and finds no issue with mistreating them. The turnover at this company is absolutely ridiculous. Mgmt failed to implement functional business processes on the road to their IPO, and lost sight of their culture in the process. Employees are nothing more than a disposable commodity here -- and when you find a better opportunity, they'll pretend they value you in an attempt to keep you -- but they're just lying to you, again.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are your number one asset. Let go of the toxic "leadership" you have in place and replace them with people who have more than an inflated ego to work with... maybe people who at the very least actually care about the employees, or their happiness.

Terrible company, with terrible values and terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThe only pro I have are for some of the people I met, who are now my friends

ConsEverything. Growth, expressing ideas, innovation, speaking your mind. Executive staff lost sight of what could have been a great company. They discriminate and only promote you if you are 1) a friend of the management or 2) keep quiet and fall in line. They don't care about the employees that make up the company. They care about themselves. This place is like being in an abusive relationship. It will bring you so far down, you won't believe that there is something better out there. When you do finally leave and see things clearly, you'll realize what a dysfunctional, crazy place it is to work there. The favoritism, the less than market salaries, the culture- everything sucks. Don't waste your time and energy on this place. It will suck the life out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Take what they say into consideration or there will be no more company to run. And take a real hard look at your inside sales leadership.

Good place to take orders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPay is ok, and maybe there will be raises after the IPO. If you follow orders, nothing too bad will happen to you. Work hours are not that long, and there isn't much monitoring of whether or not you actual work hard.

ConsDirections on everything come from reality-distortion field of executive level. They only promote their friends, so you need to chose between advancing your career and doing good work. Keep your head down and follow orders and it will all be ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward initiative if you want it, otherwise you are doing a great job.

You have to be part of the gang

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can't even come up with anything other than they pay good

ConsThis is the worst company I have ever worked at, they don't care if you are talented or driven. It's all about who you know there, it's a like a third world country government with the right connections to be someone.
    i worked there for only 11 months and ran so far. There's so many people who are tools and some people who are "supposedly" performing who you find out they do nothing other than getting free TQLs. people getting promoted who are dumber than a rock. DO NOT go there. I was not fired, I looked for another job the first month I was there, i hit my numbers the entire time so this has nothing to do with my performance. This place was so bad the "then" manager was pissed when she knew I was leaving because she wanted to fire me to hire a friend of hers for my position) but she couldn't find a reason because I was a hard worker and I knew she wanted and I told her that she will not be able to until I want to. You are a number for a mall company

Advice to Senior Managementleave and let real managers take over

Hates new ideas

ProsSales team is driven hard and the company is very revenue-focused. Should be a good target for another company to buy.

ConsNot very innovative. The only way to get something done is to wait for the competitors to do it, and then everybody wants to know why it can't be done yesterday.

Management cut the value of stock in the IPO, even though they knew about it for months.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. People need to rise at Aerohive and build their careers, not interview people from other companies. Does the path to promotion at Aerohive really involve jobs at Aruba?

Worked for Aerohive Networks? Contribute to the Community!