Aerotek

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr

Todd Mohr

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great stepping stone into your career, must have the drive and personality to make it

Recruiter II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

ProsThey are big on values and being passionate about the job and company. You make great friends in there and your team can become your family.as many hours you spend together your build great relationships. the position sets you up and teaches you many things about the industry and how to do your job or any job great. If you are willing to put in the time and have thick skin to give and recieve feedback all the time you can excel

Consyou will work long hours, but it will get better with time once you start doing well. They push you into sales roles weather you want it or not (if you are good as a recruiter). they micromanage everything you do, with making sure you are hitting numbers that sometimes do not mean anything. it sometimes seems like they just want something to fix or argue about. they manage the time you get there, go to luch but not when you leave. it is a salaried role so if you thingk you will have flexiblity in your schedule you are wrong. they want you to be there and from luch at precise times but never push you to leave when 5 or 6PM comes along.

Advice to Senior Managementcompared to other staffing agencies the the compensation is not acceptable. with the crazy hours we have to put in to be sucessful, we should be compensated better.

It was an alright place to work

Assembler (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey were as flexible as possible with scheduling

ConsThe ability to stay consistently working

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say be more forthcoming when asked about future work

Unprofessionals taking advantage of college grads

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

ProsSeems like a great first job out of college.

ConsEasily work 12 hour days consistently. KPI's (Key performance indicators) are set too high causing all employees to work very late. Even when numbers are met, most stay around for 'face-time'. Very political and 'high school' esque environment. Your entrance into the company is as a recruiter and you report to an Account Manager. Not all AM's should be allowed to be someone's supervisor and boss as these AM's tend to make the recruiters do half of their job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would not recommend this company to any entry level grad. Especially in Atlanta. Entry level candidates should have a work-life balance and not feel anxiety at work due to politics.

Good Place to Start & Some Can Do Really Well

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros-Great training and a lot of good business experience
-Competitive industry teaches you a lot about good business practices & strengthens negotiation & management skills
-Good, fun work environment
-Uncapped commission

Cons-Not a good work/life balance company
-Long hours
-Low base salary & no raise opportunities without a promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise base salaries to be more competitive. These salaries out of school are fine, but to retain people as they move forward with life there should be opportunity to increase the base without having to only hit "contest" or be promoted.

Great to place to start your career but...

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Aerotek

Pros*Great place to start out of college - good learning experience
*Great opportunity for career advancement for hard workers
*Extensive contacts made and good place for growing network

Cons* Churn and burn
* Numbers, numbers, numbers
* Managers are young, organic and do not necessarily show complete professionalism towards those they are managing

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know anyone currently in Management ---- so don't feel like I am in a place where I can fairly comment on this.

Tough place to work

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Aerotek

ProsShows value of hard work.
Teaches you time managment skills and how to stay organized.
Throws you into the fire and gets you out of your comfort zone quickly.
Opportunity to move into management roles if you do well.

ConsNO work/life balance.
10 meetings a day eats up time and they expect you to put in 12-13 hour days.
Micromanaged like you wouldn't believe.
Very political.

Advice to Senior Managementfind a work/life balance

Promoted from Recruiter to Account Manager -- not what it's cracked up to be

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Aerotek

ProsGreat experience if you're an entry level college grad. Decent pay if you're an entry level college grad. Probably better than Enterprise, which seems to be every college grad's other option.

ConsWhere do I start? As a recruiter, you work from 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. (those that leave before 7:00 are unmotivated, have no ambitions, no work ethic, and are flat lazy), regardless of if there's a heavy work load. Face time is very big at Aerotek, and if you're not willing to put in 60 hours, you'll never get a promotion (I put my hours in, and thus got my promotion).

Once you get promoted, a big deal is made. They throw a happy hour just for you, where the entire office drinks at the expense of Aerotek (they're quite fun). It's this big deal, you earned it, and your life is going to change.

Only it doesn't. You still put in the same hours and get little results, but you at least get a $3k bump in pay (from $33k - $36k), and you get to tear your car apart, all for $0.13 a gallon (they recently raised it to $0.16 a gallon; the federal rate is $0.58 a gallon). When you crunch the number of hours that you work and the number of dollars you actually get on a paycheck, you're pretty much a $12 an hour person -- there's a reason the entire office is nothing but kids in their early 20's, and it's because people put in their 12-18 months, and find something better.

If you're fresh out of college, I advise you to go. I've had friends who have done Enterprise and other "sales gigs" out of school and been ripped off, scammed, or stolen from. You have a true base pay here, and it's a big company. If nothing else, it's good experience. They'll make you think it's the best experience you could ever put on a resume, but outside of people at Aerotek, not many others have heard of Aerotek.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the face time. Pay sales people for their miles -- they're beating up their lives and cars for you, the least you could do is let them get back to even in tire wear, engine wear, and gas.

Beyond that, end the face time -- we get there at 7:30 in the morning, and we don't get home to our families until 8:00 p.m. If it's dead -- holiday season -- or just isn't busy for whatever reason, don't scoff at people if they leave at 5:30. How many hours you work isn't a measure of how much you're actually working.

Not a perfect company but can be rewarding if you dedicate yourself and get a little lucky...

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aerotek

ProsAerotek can be a great company to work for if you get lucky with a good Account Manager & DBO when you're hired as a Recruiter. You are given a lot of responsiblity and have the ability to manage a large dollar value of sales revenue very early in your career. Also, you are able to gain a lot of useful management skills if you take the effort to utlize what's offered by the company and focus on self-development. The best parts are the money and the people you work with- you can make a six-figure salary within 3-4 years if you stay dedicated and the cards fall right...if you start right out of college it's a lot of fun making $125K a year when you're 23-25 years old.

Cons1.) The staffing industry is extremely competitive, stressful, and challenging. Recruiting or Sales...it's a hard job that is not right for everyone. I've met many smart and awesome people that wouldn't do the job no matter how much you paid them, and then there are others that absolutly love what they do everyday and wouldn't give it up for the world...they love there client sand coworkers and make a ton of money doing it.
2.) Long hours.
3.) Potential for getting stuck with a selfish, uncaring, underperforming and/or overall bad Account Manager or DBO.
4.) To be successful you will have to at some point make sacrifices in terms of your personal life...work/life balance is a big struggle for a lot of Aerotek'ers.
5.) TYPICALLY, not always, Recruiters don't make a ton of money. However, some move up the ranks to Professional Recruiter and make six-figure salaries.
6.) Recruiters do take a lot of the blame for everything. Aerotek still has some lingerings of it's founding "Frat House" type mentality where Recruiters are treated like Freshman pledges. ***This is not always the case but it's common and I will admit Aerotek is making a tremendous effort to change their culture.
7.) High turnover...but hey...it's a sales driven company in the staffing industry...there's going to be turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP PROMOTING PEOPLE SO QUICKLY!!! It hurts the company image, people end up quitting, and the company loses out by not having more long-term customer relationships. Aerotek loses business b/c they turnover Account Managers and their clients end up thinking they're a joke.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!

Aerotek Videos

Aerotek – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Recruiting and Staffing Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerotek reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aerotek CEO Todd Mohr. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Aerotek employees.