Aerotek

Aerotek Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr

Todd Mohr

Pros:
  • "good training - if you are in the top 1% of the company you can make a lot of money"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Can make a lot of money quickly if you get lucky"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you"
    in 73 reviews
  • "Know that you are going to work long hours if you need too"
    in 67 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ok place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAerotek has a very friendly culture of like-minded people. Your coworkers genuinely do care about you and work as a team to complete a goal. It is a great first job out of college with a competitive salary, and will allow you to build up the experience to move into another company.

ConsThere is no work-life balance. This can not be stressed enough. You will work from 7:30AM-5:30PM. Leaving at 5:30PM is the absolute earliest you will leave (you will also get looks from your coworkers for getting up at this time). On average, you will be at work until at least 6:00 or 6:30PM. Sometimes you will be asked to come to work on Saturdays. Although the salary can seem competitive, when you break it down hourly, you will actually earn about $12-14 an hour, as there is no overtime offered. As a company, Aerotek struggles to retain employees. During the year that I worked there, a number of other employees came and left. It seems that Aerotek relies on fresh college graduates that work there for a year or two and then move on, to fill their recruiter roles.

Commission is very difficult to earn. This is not due to a lack of effort. Your commission is based on retaining employees. At the end of the day, your success and commission depends on whether or not someone likes and continues to show at the job that you placed them at. They will avoid describing to you how to actually earn commission during the interview process, with the promise that someone will explain it in detail later. When you do start to make commission, it is incredibly low, and you won't start seeing anything until you are a top-earner for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to consider work-life balance. Employees are being burnt out after 12 hour days and no overtime. You need to have account managers set realistic goals and expectations to the clients, otherwise you will have less than suitable candidates being submitted and you will have recruiters constantly re-working on the position. You will not retain talent when you squeeze someone dry!

Recruiter

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

ProsAll young people, good for right out of college

ConsNot a place to build a career. Recruiters do majority of the work while the sales people get the benefits. Awful training system.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training.

Great pay

Benefit Investigator (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsAt the end of the assignment they offered a bonus check which reall came in handy.

ConsThe assignment was competition based work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shallow understanding of boots on the ground.

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Contractor (Former Employee)
    West Chester, OH

ProsThey'll find you work if they can, maybe. Whether it's in your field of expertise or not. They've already got a job.

ConsIf you've spent 20 years building high-speed printing presses , wet , off-set , lithographic , multi-colored , be prepared for them to find you a job doing assembly work. A Journeyman Electrician, with a machinist background. Skilled at motor controls .

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir are still machines out there that operate with magnetic relays, not all have adapted to PLC's.

Not enough training...

ProsThe culture and the passion of your co-workers.

Cons"A man's world" and not enough training. Also, account managers seem not to care about the people that help their business the most.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more training before throwing people in their jobs.

Mean Well

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe work environment is better than any I have ever worked at.

ConsNot much room for growth after account manager

Advice to Senior ManagementShare new ideas with everything and consider raising the base salary

Great coworkers, lacking in management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood experience, solid training and development, fast paced, work expenses covered

ConsVery little work life balance, high stress environment, very aggressive management (not for better)

Great entry-level job, better be part of the "in-crowd" to get anywhere

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGreat training in recruiting, nice dose of real-world and sales, possible commission

ConsWork-life balance in non-existent, better be part of the "cool guy" group, hope your territory is good

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation

Contractor through Aerotek

Prosnever out of a job for long

ConsMy recruiter did not work to find my positions that fit what I was looking for. Actually, I don't think she really cared what position I was interested in just what I had the qualifications to fill. She didn't even know what I would be doing in most cases and I showed up on the first day lost about what my duties were.

Friendly Contract Managers on Autopilot

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsInteresting positions available in wide array of industries. Well suited for entry-level contract work. Payroll works without a hitch.

ConsAerotek "handlers" often have to be cajoled into being responsive. Maybe they're stretched too thin but, I've seen their (my) clients practically beg them to return calls/email. They are generally very pleasant to work with but if you're looking for more than the bare minimum management of your contract (i.e. terms negotiation, multi-contract planning), look elsewhere.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!

Aerotek Videos

Aerotek – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Recruiting and Staffing Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerotek reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aerotek CEO Todd Mohr. All 706 reviews posted anonymously by Aerotek employees.