Aerotek

Aerotek Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr

Todd Mohr

Pros
  • good training - if you are in the top 1% of the company you can make a lot of money(in 17 reviews)

• Decent Commission Structure ability to make a lot of money(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you(in 78 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week(in 30 reviews)

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love it.

Cashier (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLovely community and excellent customers

ConsBad store managers short lunch breaks

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your workers

my experience was great

Healthcare Industry (Former Employee) Wayne, NJ

Prosdecent pair a weekly pay benefits 401k for a long term employees. my recruiter begin looking for additional work for me weeks before my assignment was

Constemporary positions... positions are rare

Advice to Senior ManagementI had a great experience I don't have any advice for the management

Good for top performers, not so good if you don't want to work hard

Account Manager (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIncentive based salary, so you get what you give
    Monetary growth
    Flexibility
    A lot of responsibilities
    Some nice perks if you perform: monetary, incentive trips, stock

ConsLong hours
    Goal driven environment so can be tough for people who are not comfortable with that
    Frown upon when you take time off
    High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make people feel bad about taking time off!
    Less hours

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intense

Recruiter (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSmart, hardworking, energetic staff. For the most part really enjoyed my coworkers. Opportunity for advancement and income growth in a relatively short period.

ConsSuper high pressure atmosphere. All activity is tracked and it is all about hitting numbers. Accountability is not a bad thing but at times it can be overwhelming. Reality of the situation is that it is not for everyone and hard work doesn't always equal success.

horriable company

Sanitation (Former Employee) Bayport, NY

ProsNONE NEVER WORK THERE AGAIN

Consthe bosses are horriable no cons to the jobs

Advice to Senior Managementfire all the bosses they are horriable

Good Entry Level Position

Recruiter (Former Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

ProsPossibility to make some good money.

ConsEpitome of micromanagement. 2 stand up meetings a day in front of whole office. You would think selling jobs would be fun because people need to work, but no so much. It is a tough business when you are relying on other people that you have hired to show up to work everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a more relaxed atmosphere.

The most miserable time of my life - Secaucus. NJ

Recruiter (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsGreat learning experience and perhaps making friends...

ConsThere are too many cons of this organization. Just to name a few: First, the pay is terrible, especially if you consider the amount of hours worked. They reel in niave recent grads for this reason. Two, most managers, while knowledgable in recruiting, do not understand the basics of managing a team. They use fear of losing your job to motivate you to get more people for jobs. They blame you if a person doesnt accept a low paying position offered by us and blame you if someone is a no call/no show for an interview with you. This company goes through employees left and right and they are in constant rotation. Management also tries to get you to believe there is nothing better than being a recruiter in their organization by belittling other organzation and corporate recruiting. its surprising the company currently has a 2.8 rating. Every person i have ever met that worked for this organization HATES it. If I can save one person the trouble of wastign their time here, I will. Please reconsider employment with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage and do not micromanage your recruiters. Dispite what you think, Aerotek is not the best place to be and recriuting is not Rocket Science.

Signed,

Thriving in a real organization.

Gained good experience in a competitive corporate environment

Recruiter (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsTeam support and training for professional development. Goal oriented company culture and team building. Opportunity to gain professional and life skills.

ConsThe commission structure for recruiters makes it difficult to make money because it favors the account managers. Also recruiters are assigned an account managers and industry and never change so they are forced to work on the same sales persons business's over and over regardless of how profitable the positions are or how easy they are to fill.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the recruiters the most respect because they are the root of your business

Former Professional Services recruiter

Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

Prosthe people - The people and culture at Aerotek are great, most people are very outgoing and welcoming. Extremely friendly and always want to work as a TEAM

ConsTO MANY TO LIST - in an effort to try here goes, Aerotek is great at making people feel terrible about themselves and there employment. There is to much of a "FRAT HOUSE" mentality. It actually seems cool at first but you realize that it is unproductive and tiresome. I ended up leaving for another opportunity because they work people like dogs here. They make you feel HORRIBLE about yourself if you come is any later than 7:15 in the morning and they look at you side ways if you leave anytime before 6:30. there is a reason they hire recent college grads. Recent grads are so excited to just get a position they don't realize how poorly they are being compensated for there work. They "burn and churn" employees there. A person how has been there for 8 months is looked at like a veteran. This is intentional. It is a glorified pyramid scheme. Once you leave that place you realize how bad they treat there employees. Of course they will look at comments like mine and say i'm disgruntled but it's quite the opposite. I enjoyed my time there because my co workers were like minded energetic people who I grew VERY fond of. I miss them. However in terms of the actual employment I would not recommend Aerotek to my WORST enemy. The worst part is your success is 100% RELATED TO THE DIVISION you are placed in. something they wouldn't admit publicly. Aerotek is a place that has great people and a good business model, but for the entry level people it's extremely frustrating because your hard work is rarely valued and consistently undermined by upper management. this was my experience in the Parsippany office. If you decided to work there BE PREPARDED to be looking for a new job in less than a year

Advice to Senior ManagementThe health Benefits are horrible - show your employees that YOU CARE about them and there families and offer something they can be PROUD OF. Your staffing business model is second to none and I commend you on that but make sure you take the time and commend your employees for there hard work. The recruiters work more hours than most upper management SHOW THEM YOU APPRECIATE IT and you MIGHT actually KEEP top talent.

Naval Systems Control and Software Site Engineer outcome

Systems Control and Software Site Engineer (Former Employee) Lakehurst, NJ

ProsAbility to self prioritize tasking to accomplish daily goals.
    Opportunity to get involved with many different areas of engineering, and expanding skill set

ConsLack of frequent (i.e. monthly, or quarterly) feedback regarding contract tasking
    Fairly expensive health benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to enhance management/contractor communications activities.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!