Aerotek

Updated January 24, 2015
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a pleasant experience

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

None- not happy with the company

Cons

Did not protect my interests after their client hired me in to company and had to file unployment on temporary shutdown. Was reported as voluntarily quit, when that obviously was not the case causing a penalty and having to repay the state.

Jan 22, 2015

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Please email webfeedback@aerotek.com with your concerns and we will forward them to the appropriate personnel to follow up with internally.

Office politics with AM's/recruiters

Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

great place to make money quick if you have a dark soul, and are able to bull your way through to being an account manager

Cons

People are fake here, they hide behind care-frontation and use that as a way to belittle you. So many office politics that are unnecessary. Currently still working here and see many people that get fired because of "not fitting in" which is a sad excuse for bad management. people will be nice to you upfront but plotting against you

going to leave within this year

cliquish environment, terrible work-life balance. Have these constant meetings that take up at least 30-40 minutes of your day. Mostly just a complete waste of time. too many fake people

Jan 22, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. Unprofessionalism is not representative of our company and its values. We would like to address any of ... More

I do not recommend this company at all!

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They will find a job for you because you are the profit of theirs. Without your dedication to your hard work, they won't last long.

Cons

Once they put you in a job with their clients, they don't care about you. They will not tell you that you're eligible for holiday and vacation pay once you reach certain period of working. When I got harassed by a coworker, the manager from Aerotek NC asked me "did you really think that he was being serious (about his comments towards me)?" instead of addressing the matter, and I was humiliated, and like I said, all contractors and temps are just their working ants for their profits. Benefits are not good at all either. But it's up to you; if you want a temporary job, go for it. But don't forget that there are also other staffing agencies out there other than this company. I don't know which agency is better but I don't see any reason to recommend this company. If you can, try to get hired by clients directly.

Jan 22, 2015

We’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. Your feedback is very important to us and we would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Worst employment experience!!! Beware!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

The training program was fairly good. The modules are very boring, but lots of good information. I hear they recently changed it to be more hands on which is good. The health insurance was not bad. They plan fun group outings, so you can get to know your co workers. Very young environment, flexible if you have a doctor appt.

Cons

No work like balance. You are required to work 48 hours, but really the job never ends! Candidates are constantly emailing you late at night and of course you reply because you want to fill the position. You are required to talk candidates to lunch twice a week. You pay for it yourself, but are reimbursed after filling out an expense report, kind of annoying they don't give you a company card. You can't even make commission your first 3 months there and the pay is $12 an hour, but the 8 hours is overtime at least. Still very low pay $33k. Recruiters in the office I heard were making 90k, so the money is there but they work late hours or take their computers home. They had also been recruiting for a few years.

It was like working in a sorority frat house, very unprofessional. A lot of swearing and talking down. Objects flying across the room, hitting people in the face. Your experience definitely depends on who you get as an account manager. Except they promote recruiters to account managers and some have never managed people before, so a manager who doesn't know how to manage! Mine came in the office smelling like alcohol many times!! So unprofessional! When the DBO is in the office, everyone is on their best behavior, sure wish he had visited more often.

Every day you are put on the spot TWICE in Red Zone, meetings where you all stand around the board and talk about what position you are filling and when you will fill it. It's stressful because I'd you havent filled your spot, everyone knows. They want you making 50-100 calls a day, so if you don't like talking to strangers it's not the job for you. I left after 13 weeks and have never been so disrespected. The DBO the one person i respected screamed at me, chased me down the hall as I was leaving for the day and the whole office saw! It was such a toxic environment I had to get out! Also, 6 people left in the 3 months I was there, talk about high turn over rate. Had I known it was so high, I would have never left my other job for this opportunity. I hear other offices are better, I asked to switch to a different one as other account managers seemed to have it together better than mine, but I was told I had to stay where I was.

Learn how to manage people and don't talk down to employees. Also, don't come to work smelling like alcohol. Have a training program for recruiters before they become managers on how to manage others. Be more professional in the work place!

Jan 23, 2015

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience, and we would like to address any of your concerns as soon as possible. Please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com, so we ... More

Working for Wells Fargo through Aerotek

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Lets you set a step in the company and apply for a full time position

Cons

No benefits at all. Easily disposable without any previous notice - a lot of people were unable to find a job after the contract expired -

Jan 20, 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry you feel this way. If you wish to share more details and allow us to address your remarks, please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com ... More

Do your RESEARCH

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in College Park, GA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hiring process was extremely easy.

Cons

Receiving proper communication was always a challenge.

Please provide adequate training and skills for your employers.

Jan 7, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. If you wish to share any thoughts, please write to as at webfeedback@aerotek.com so that we can address any of your concerns. Thank you!

One really bad experience

Former Employee - Contracted Employee in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Contracted Employee in Northridge, CA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefits IF you qualify.
    Efficient payment system.

Cons

A group of us were hired by Aerotek for an assignment at a poor company called PlanetArt. Within one week of the assignment, virtually all of us were fired because the company was unable to provide us with leads, essentially paying us to do nothing. The only call I received from Aerotek was a call not to show up for work. And that was it. Not so much an email about possible opportunities. It seems Aerotek only likes you at their convenience. Not good for a company that relies so heavily on recruits for contracted positions.

I strongly recommend you look into this particular case with PlanetArt. A lot of us who went through Aerotek for this opportunity were screwed over pretty badly by this, and the fact that Aerotek basically left us to twist in the wind afterwards is an insult to us for working for you.

Jan 2, 2015

We really appreciate your feedback and we are sorry about the situation you have experienced. We would be happy to address your concerns directly. If you wish us to discuss them with us, please email ... More

I don't like Kool aid

Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Troy, MI

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Most coworkers are pleasant, but the old heads are twisted.

Cons

Work life balance is number 1. Brown nose to get promoted. 3% to 10% on net profits. Corporate will still shave off the 17% percent cost to employ someone on a direct hire...why?

Out with the old and in with the new.

Dec 20, 2014

Hi, we really appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com as we would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. Thank you!

Do Not work here - They don't care about you only the money you make them.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Good recruiter training when you first start. Do not stay more than 1-2 years though.
    * Fun happy hours
    * If you make the company money you can get away with what ever you want and there are definite double standards.

Cons

* Zero work life balance - 60 hours a week every week. Even saw someone come to work the day after their child was born.
    * Dishonest Values - they only care about the company making money and have no problem looking the other way if the person is making them money.
    * There are hazing rituals similar to what you would find in a fraternity or sorority.
    * Sales managers act like they are better than others and don't show respect to people.
    * Less than 3% of the recruiters hit their goals. They will say that is because they promote so many people - not true - if you are thinking about working there ask them how many recruiters hit contest last year. Also ask how many recruiters promoted to sales hit their goals. A recruiters goal is roughly the same as their manager but there are 2 recruiters to every account manager.

#1 - Why do you reply to every comment on here saying to email Aerotek directly about your concerns when I sent an email to webfeedback@aerotek.com I didn't get a reply back and it's been over 2 months. They obviously just cut and paste the responses on there. Just shows to show you that they do not care about anybody unless you are making them money. #2 - Why do you threaten legal action against many of the people that leave your company when they decide to go to another staffing company and do nothing wrong? However if you go to a potential client you are treated like gold. People see right through this.

Choose another agency!

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

The will get you in the door of a company.

Cons

-They will send multiple people at one time to interview for the same position.
    -Once they have you placed you will not hear form them again unless it is negative information.
    -Only 3 vacation/sick days after a year and a half

Dec 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. It will help us improve our service. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More