Aerotek

Updated November 25, 2014
3.3

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company with great people.

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere and you get out what you put in.

Cons

Working with people can be challenging/

None.

Nov 8, 2014

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience working with us! Thanks for your comment!

it was constant work and did their best to keep me working

Former Employee - Environmental Field Technician in Lynn, MA
    Former Employee - Environmental Field Technician in Lynn, MA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they treated people with respect and professional at all times

Cons

maybe took a little time to get another assignment

Nov 8, 2014

We are really happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. Thank you for choosing Aerotek, and best of luck with your new career!

Aerotek contracting

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Aerotek is good regarding keeping contractors busy. There was little downtime due to new contracts being found while the current project was winding down. The Aerotek contact was proactive in finding constant work for the contractors.

Cons

Not much in the negative. There were a few benefit issue that need to be resolved with the corporate office in lieu of the local office. This seemed to take more than expected.

Nov 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us. If you have any issues or concerns, we would like to address them as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Aerotek Review

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Mobile, AL

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great recruiter; paid weekly by direct deposit

Cons

The have minimal accounting and administrative positions in the Mobile, AL area

Market for more administrative and accounting positions.

Nov 3, 2014

Thank you for your comment! Your feedback is very important to us. Thanks for choosing Aerotek and have a great day!

Working for Aerotek served its purpose in my life.

Former Employee - PATIENT EDUCATION COORDINATOR in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - PATIENT EDUCATION COORDINATOR in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast hiring process, long assignment, available recruiter, acceptable compensation

Cons

Lack of Integrity in the local branch. Taxes, unemployment, and customer service were not handled with Integrity. I was surprised and disappointed, however, Integrity is a virtue missing from many of our lives.

Encourage each other to be honest and walk in truth.

Oct 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Good way to get into recruiting, horrible company

Former Employee - Commercial Recruiter in White Marsh, MD
    Former Employee - Commercial Recruiter in White Marsh, MD

I worked at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Little barrier of Entry: You don't need much experience to get land a job here. They like mostly sales experience. They hire right out of college.

-Learning the industry: You get a crash course in full cycle recruiting. You are responsible for a lot and have a big impact on the accounts you work on

-Stepping Stone: If your goal is to be in the recruiting field, this maybe a good place to start. Most corporate recruiter positions require previous experience and this company maybe an okay place to start for that reason.

Cons

-Hours: The required hours were 7:30am-6:00pm Monday through Friday. Yes that is the MINIMUM you will be working. Typically you will work more. There are always positions to be filled so, if you wanna get your commission you will be working more than the 52.5 minimum hours per week. I probably worked 60 hours a week and still felt like it wasn't enough.

-Work Life Balance: There is NO work life balance. You are given a laptop and EVERYONE has your cellphone number. This includes your contractors, co-workers, and account managers. Be ready to recruit every hour of the day.

-Management: Since there is little barrier of entry, you will be working with account managers who may not be that smart. They just follow what everyone else is doing. Their commission is directly linked to your results, so expect constant micro-managing. You will be texting or talking to your account manager more than anyone else in your life (family, friends, girlfriend, etc). Most of the managers are very unprofessional. Most will call you out on things that are out of your control and yell at you (contractor got a flat tire and was late to work). Some of them will cuss you out in front of the whole office.

Doesn't matter what I say here. They will continue to make billions in revenues, burn and churn their employees, and act like it's normal. If you work anywhere else, you will be astonished to comprehend how this company is still running.

Nov 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your poor experience working with us. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Aerotek contractor

Current Employee - Mechanical Drafting Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Drafting Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Timely response to any issues.

Cons

Would like better vacation hrs... as they make 64% of the total contract...

need to give yearly increase equal to at least cost of living

Nov 26, 2014

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose to work with Aerotek. Thanks!

Fun environment; No work/ life ballance

Former Employee - Assigned Recruiter in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Assigned Recruiter in Appleton, WI

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were great and it was a friendly environment. There is always something to do and you will never get bored.

Cons

There was very little work/ life ballance.

It would have been nice to see some of the management other than a direct manager develop newer recruiters.

Nov 19, 2014

Your feedback is very important for us, and we would like to address any concerns you may have as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you for choosing ... More

Temp Contractor for Call Centers

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Quick hiring decision; they found me. Weekly paycheck good for those who've been out of work or are looking for work. 2nd shift.

Cons

Placement in call center, where time card logging in and out is religious because they are billing a 3rd party. Tough for me to adjust to their hours, rules, time management, when I'd been self-employed. 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch, with strict adherence to clocking in on time.

They are filling a recruiting gap for companies who need seasonal help. If there are no pay raises, no benefits, pay should be better.

Nov 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your thoughts about us and we wish you best of luck with your new career!

Good people, good company to start out with

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make 80K as a top recruiter
    The people are fun to work with
    good to learn recruiting fundamentals

Cons

the work life balance is as bad as people say it is, but this is with pretty much any agency
    company expects you to put it before all else

create more role for recruiters to get promoted into. Not everyone wants to do sales or ARM roles.

Nov 17, 2014

Hi, we really appreciate your comment and suggestions. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you!