Aerotek

Updated January 29, 2015
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Insurance Navigator

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

The recruiters appeared to care about the employees.

Cons

It hard to get mileage reimbursed.

Jan 25, 2015

Thanks for your feedback ! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience.

Great place to work at.

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great training and professional development.

Cons

Family health benefits are not the best.

Great place to learn the staffing industry.

Jan 19, 2015

Thank you for sharing. We are very happy you enjoyed working at Aerotek and we wish you best of luck with your new career!

Aerotek Professional Services

Former Employee - Membership Representative in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Membership Representative in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They are there for you every step of the way! Aerotek genuinely cares about their contract employees! Communication is great and they even reward their contract employees with lunch for doing a great job!

Cons

Full-time employees that work for the client company (company you work as a contractor for) aren't very friendly. It's really a toss up depending on where you are placed at. I personally didn't like the stigma that came with being a just a "temp"
    Length of assignments are short, unpaid holidays.

Jan 16, 2015

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Please email webfeedback@aerotek.com with your concerns and we will follow them up. Thanks!

Great Company

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Excellent people to work with

Cons

I cannot think of a thing for this entry

Jan 23, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with us.

Working at Aerotek

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Aerotek is a fantastic company. They are genuinely concerned for their people and do a great job showing it. They are very responsive and quick to assist their employees with whatever needs they may have. My experience with them was nothing less than stellar!

Cons

Didn't find any cons with this company.

You are doing a great job from my perspective!

Jan 14, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with Aerotek. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Aerotek has seemed a fair contracting company to work for compared with other contracting companies.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

-Recruiter keeps in touch to see how things are going
    -Benefits, but $1-$2/hr starting wage lower than recruiting firms that don't offer benefits
    -Accrued time off (unlike other contracting firms at my company)
    -Quick answers when I have questions about pay, benefits, raises, and future opportunities

Cons

-Depending on the company, contractors can be treated differently, or even looked down upon by those with positions directly at the company
    -Found out later, I may have been qualified for higher positions, but they wanted to get me in a position as fast as they could. Maybe waiting a bit would have afforded a better opportunity.
    -They tend not to have much insight into what is actually happening post-interview, and prior to job offer. I waited 4 months for a job they thought I would be offered, but was instead offered to someone else. Just somewhat of a lack of visibility - not a big deal, and probably not much in their control.

Jan 12, 2015

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your experience working with us. It will help us improve our future service. Please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com with all of your concerns and we will forward ... More

Good for Short Term work

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Flexible with scheduling based on client's needs.

Cons

No benefits to speak of. Health plan is offered, but can get better coverage through Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Jan 6, 2015

Thank you for your comment! In order to address any of your concerns please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com Have a great day!

Best training in the Industry! However, this is how much you will actually make. READ BELOW!

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Best Training in staffing hands down! Other recruiting companies will constantly be offering you jobs. Culture is fun. Also, the HR is actually really good compared to other companies. You can express yourself to upper management and won't get fired! That is huge!

Cons

Salary:
    Compensation is low. 33k for recruiters unless you have been there a year, then you get 36k. Account Managers get 36k.
    Commission:
    3% commission off of spread. Spread is a weekly % off of a mark-up. You get money off of spread, not the sell itself.
    So, hypothetically speaking, if you place an engineer at $100k a year for a company, with 50% mark-up on top of that, the company makes $50k over 3-6 months. Your spread is $1500/week! However you only get 3% of that in actual earnings. $45 bucks over 3-6 months. so $3-6 bucks a week on top of your paycheck! That's how it all works a $10k recruiter is a top producer so do the math on that.

It wouldn't change a dam thing if i gave advice! Pyramid Scheme.

Jan 12, 2015

Thank you very much for your feedback. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. So please write us an email at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you!

management was very friendly they make you feel part of the team

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (less than a year)

Pros

pay was good but they made you really work for your money. offered great training they make sure you know what to expect and good benefits

Cons

the work is very repetitive and you will stand for most of the work day which are 10 hours shifts also every 2 weeks your shift rotates

keep doing a good job and stay professional

Jan 27, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any concerns that you would like to share with us, you can email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com, so we can assist you. Thanks!

Ok starting job

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, work hard/play hard mentality with a good amount of company sponsored outings, a lot of fresh out of college employees makes for a lively and energetic workplace. If you're willing to commit 110% it is possible to reach the goals and salaries they advertise during an interview. Very fast paced so you're rarely bored.

Cons

Terrible hours that proves no work life balance. Typical houses are 7am-6/6:30pm and you work through lunches by taking out potential candidates (bonus: lots of paid lunches where you choose!) high pressure environment where you can expect to be "care fronted" which is pretty much an excuse to talk down to people while hiding behind the facade of helping them. Salary is miserable at 33k starting and commission comes slowly. They only offer an HSA which, if you're single, is a pricy insurance option. Being managed by someone who has no management experience and is fresh out of college (2ish years) can make for an awkward and stressful employee/manager relationship.

Provide a better work life balance. If you're focused, you shouldn't have to put in extra face time. Better compensating employees for their effort and dedication wouldn't hurt, either.

Jan 6, 2015

Thank you for your feedback! Your opinion is very important to us. We kindly ask you to email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com with all of your issues or concerns to let us address them as efficiently ... More