Aerotek Reviews

Reset

1,008 Employee Reviews

1. Review

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Great pay and Great hours

Cons

Not too much activity, a lot of sitting down

2. Toyota is difficult

Former Employee - Toyota Production Team Member in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Toyota Production Team Member in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff was very friendly and willing to accommodate up to a point. I liked the professionalism and go getter attitude.

Cons

There weren't any follow-ups to my job requests. I had difficulty resolving conflicts with employers.

3. Questionable Contract Adherence

Former Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Contractor in Seattle, WA

Pros

Opportunity to explore multiple Career Paths; Comprehensive Benefits Package through Allegis Group; Large Staff; Helpful Receptionists.

Cons

- Over-generalized Contracts that do not accurately describe assigned contract or potential for movement within the company. - Recruiters hard to reach via e-mail or phone, they are hardly ever immediately available and you are always waiting to hear back. Terrible communication between Recruiters and Contractors, Recruiters and contracted Company, do not even try to assist communication between "Employee Representative" at the contracted company and the "Contracted Employee" within that company. I was contracted out to a large company for an "undetermined" length of a contract and ended up being moved immediately to a different (and not described) role at the company, then I moved within that role twice, and then changed roles again to something also not outlined by the Contract I signed with Aerotek. I ended up working that contract for almost 8 months then was terminated without any notice, and asked to immediately vacate and never return to the premises without even getting to gather my personal belongings.

Advice to Management

Clearly define what role the contractor will be performing within the company and make all POTENTIAL for CHANGE completely transparent to the employee. It would also be helpful if you could give advanced warning when terminating or ending a contract so that employee can have time to a) gather things from desk and b) secure another job before being forcibly unemployed.

Aerotek Response

Aug 23, 2015

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have experienced. Would you please email webfeedback@aerotek.com so we can follow up with your case more efficiently? We appreciate your ... More

5. Worth a shot

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

Met some really Great people, great work inviorment,

Cons

Ridiculous low starting salary, some people are picked as favorites and cant do wrong some are sigled out and everything they do is bad

Advice to Management

Fight for your recruiters sit them down allow them to tell you what they are seeing in the field

6. Unprofessional

Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Detroit, MI

I worked at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch every once in a while.

Cons

They call you at all hours of the day/night, regardless of your shift schedule, lie about opportunities to advance just to get you in the door. Once I found a new position and put in my two weeks, they let me go on the spot, tried to screw me out of some owed benefits claiming that I did not report to work during my last 2 weeks...of course I didn't, they told me not to show up! They really do live up to their nickname... "aeroTAKE"

Advice to Management

Quit treating all of your contractors like absolute lowlifes. Most are, but some are not.

7. Production

Former Employee - Contractor/Technical Production Specialist in Shellsburg, IA
    Former Employee - Contractor/Technical Production Specialist in Shellsburg, IA

I worked at Aerotek (More than a year)

Pros

Kept telling me I would be hired, and it took almost 2 years before I was. I told then upfront I was looking for a full-time job with benefits, not contract.

Cons

I finally got hired after 18 months.

Advice to Management

Listen to the the applicants.

8. Dependable and Dilligent

Current Employee - Analyst in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter I worked with was outstanding. He not only pursued a position I requested but provided other options that were related to my skills and experience.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Good place to learn good habits

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great training. good office culture. good people to work with. You get along well with your teammates. most decisions are based on emotion rather than business tactics which can allow you to continue to work there even when performing poorly.

Cons

Your success is based on someone else's job performance who is performing a job that you don't actually know what they are doing. This leaves a lot of risk in your own pay check in a world with the most inconsistent product; people. Also, altercations arise between sales people who fight over accounts and reqs while recruiters fight over ownership of candidates. At the end of the day, everyone is out for themselves and wouldn't hesitate to take your business. Lastly, you are encouraged to stay late even when there is nothing productive to be done in the office that can't be handled at home; there is not flexibility in work from home. in conclusion; micromanagement and the leaderships efforts to push everyone into the path that best serves them is a disturbing trend. Staying happy in a position for a long period of time is discouraged as you are expected to do what the company asks of you.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a shift in mindset to value your internal employees more than your clients. Also, coach sales people/recruiters to share in their success and not be selfish with accounts/candidates and business.

10. customer service representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good along with the benefits. Great people to work with and for. I also like the fact paychecks come out weekly.

Cons

Offer more jobs with customer service experience in the field of call centers as a customer service representative.

11. Temp for 6 months

Pros

Constant feedback, Decent wages, helpful with job search sometimes

Cons

Temporary, Tendency to be forgotten about sometimes

Showing 1,008 of 1,237 reviews