Aerotek Reviews

1. Staffing Agency

Current Employee - Solar Installer Tech in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Solar Installer Tech in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Great staff. They work with many companies to keep you working.

Cons

It is a staffing agency. So work can be a hit and miss thing between contracts.

Advice to Management

Network for more company contracts.

2. great people, great career kick-start

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

the people really care about your development inside and outside the work environment. they give you a great ability to grow your career as quickly as you want to and allow you to try on job for size before promoting you

Cons

don't prepare management for managing people, high turnover weights on the culture

3. Review1

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Denton, TX

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been able to gain more diverse skills.

Cons

Temp agency and they have only been able to send me out on temporary job assignments.

5. aerotec

Former Employee - Warehouse Technician I in Thomasville, NC
    Former Employee - Warehouse Technician I in Thomasville, NC

I worked at Aerotek (More than a year)

Pros

wages are good, paid time off after required hours

Cons

steady work good wages good people

Advice to Management

good support good people

6. Research Chemist

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

My time there, I had no trouble with Aerotek what so ever. Mainly because its a staffing firm and they will only get information about your work through the managers.

Cons

Wish they had better pay. The pay was very low compared to other places. No benefits, paid time off, vacation, etc.

7. Good Start but would not recommend for a friend

Former Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a good team environment and over all you will usually work with some fun people. It is also a great way to gain staffing experience that transfers fairly well to the tech giants. Facebook, Google, Amazon, Twitter, Microsoft, etc. you will need to be in the top 5% of performers to get a look from these companies but if you are willing to work hard at Aerotek this tees you up for great success in 2-3 years. It is also nice to have your compensation quadruple if you head to the aforementioned companies. This also opens up doors to HR and staffing companies in general that do not have such a terrible reputation with retention, pay, and loyalty.

one thing I may offer in Aerotek's defense; you will learn a no BS approach to looking for talent. And if you want to, you can learn a lot inside their walls in terms of career development.

Cons

If you get a good account manager you might make some good money but this company truly is the most manipulative Pyramid scheme ever build. Creativity is not rewarded and long hours are expected without compensation. All of these hours will be based off of the "promise" that one day it will pay off in terms of commission and advancement, in essence taking one for the team. do not get used to working with anyone person for too long. During attendance at the regional sales meeting the announcement was made that 220 of the 280 people hired that year had already quit. these were people from every generation. I can not stand behind a company that is so lacking in

Advice to Management

make sure that you actually take care of your people and follow through on some of the things you promise them

8. Aerotek Oversight

Former Employee - EHS Manager in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - EHS Manager in Asheville, NC

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

The staff has always been professional in their approach,pleasant and courteous. The two associates assigned to me have excelled in their attempt to continue my contract.

Cons

The only negative that I would entertain would be that, even though they are an engineering firm, they seem to have e difficult time finding positions that I can locate on the internet.

9. production work aT 3M for Aerotek

Former Employee - Production Worker in Stafford Springs, CT
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Stafford Springs, CT

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were friendly and helpful. The location was close to home and they offered overtime often, but it was by choice.

Cons

Some of the non temporary employees were rude and looked down on the temporary workers. 3M is not a temp to hire position the contract can be for up to 3 years with no job at the end. There is a lot of dust some areas worse then others.

Advice to Management

reduce the length of the contract, make positions temp to hire instead of temp to fire.

10. Account recruiting manager

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great for advancement
    Potential to earn alot

Cons

Turnover is high so constant training
    They tell you the sky is the limit for what you make - until you make a lot and then they start capping commissions without hesitation

A temporary employee

Current Employee - Research Associate in Johnston, IA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Johnston, IA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aerotek will hire out of college and gives you the opportunity to try out positions before becoming full-time. They find the job for you, although most jobs posted for intro lab tech work are through hiring agencies.

Cons

No benefits until you've worked for 7 months, so any company holidays (which differ from Aerotek's) are forced sick days. At your job, you are treated as a temporary employee. I work at DuPont Pioneer and do a majority of the work while higher up employees do minimal work. There is little talk of advancement. I feel as though I'm being taken advantage of to do the most amount of work while getting paid the least. Some temps have been here for 3+ years with only a 50 cent raise. Aerotek itself is completely dissociated from me- my point of contact is unreliable and ignorant of my job responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Aerotek is advancing and growing so quickly that it's ignoring the basic service aspect of their business. The disconnect between the business that signs my paycheck (Aerotek) and the business I work for (Pioneer) is too strong. My point of contact doesn't know or care what I do at my job and has no interest in my advancement. I've never even met her in person.

Showing 907 of 1,106 reviews