Aerotek

Updated December 17, 2014
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Welcome to the frat house

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, outgoing culture. Lots of people to learn from and an overall pretty flat structure. You can make a lot of money really fast if you're willing to work for it, but you don't have to be smart to do it.

Cons

Very linear career path. You either want to do sales or you don't. Sure you can be in a support role but if you're aren't revenue driving you won't make much at all.

Focus on the money. That's the only reason why anyone is there. It's highly competitive and highly stressful and it's the money that makes it worth it. Stop focusing on teamwork and 'carefrontations' and let people work for their money. Let the old sales dogs stay that way, that's the biggest prize anyone on the lower rungs could hope to work for....sitting on their butt and making a ton of money for work they did 10 years ago. But every time the compensation and contest goals are switched it makes the grind feel harder and harder and the light at the end of the tunnel gets further away.

Also, you should compensate people that are leaders. There are a lot of people that are helping others and driving the business forward, but that's not part of the compensation.

Nov 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us to hear your thoughts about your experience working with us because it helps us improve our service. Thank you!

Temp Contractor for Call Centers

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Quick hiring decision; they found me. Weekly paycheck good for those who've been out of work or are looking for work. 2nd shift.

Cons

Placement in call center, where time card logging in and out is religious because they are billing a 3rd party. Tough for me to adjust to their hours, rules, time management, when I'd been self-employed. 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch, with strict adherence to clocking in on time.

They are filling a recruiting gap for companies who need seasonal help. If there are no pay raises, no benefits, pay should be better.

Nov 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your thoughts about us and we wish you best of luck with your new career!

Good people, good company to start out with

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can make 80K as a top recruiter
    The people are fun to work with
    good to learn recruiting fundamentals

Cons

the work life balance is as bad as people say it is, but this is with pretty much any agency
    company expects you to put it before all else

create more role for recruiters to get promoted into. Not everyone wants to do sales or ARM roles.

Nov 17, 2014

Hi, we really appreciate your comment and suggestions. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you!

All of the things that were promised were not supplied.

Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This provided ins with large companies, and is good for people who do not have any other options.

Cons

I was not made aware of how often I would not be paid, due to the amount of holidays that my host company takes.

Be more up front in the interviewing process.

Nov 17, 2014

Hi, we are sorry to hear about your poor experience working at Aerotek and we would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. Please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank ... More

Luck plays a huge factor

Current Employee - Recruiter Into Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter Into Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're at the right place at the right time, you can make a lot of money. You will also be surrounded by other young people who like to go to happy hours, company is all about feedback and about 10% of the people in the company are great employees who care

Cons

company is very old fashioned, prides itself on getting to work at 7am and leaving at 7pm, pay is about 450$ a week without commission, commission is very luck based/ right place/ right time, intelligence is not rewarded and you will find yourself surrounded by people who pride themselves on having low intelligence. Felt a lot of backwards sexist, racist thinking

Make the base salary a living wage, be realistic about what people will make, gain in commission. Understand that most companies are moving away from conservative values and long hours.

Nov 4, 2014

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience working with us. Your feedback is very important to us. You can email us any of your concerns at webfeedback@aerotek.com so we can address them as ... More

Temporary hiring agency. There to make money off of you.

Former Employee - Blending Operator in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - Blending Operator in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I, out of 5 others was picked to be the group leader. After 2 weeks at Compact Industries, St. Charles, IL USA, the 5 were let go. I was able to stay to be trained as the group leader in training at $11/hr.

Cons

Aerotek only would pay/ allow 50 hours a week, not allowing any more overtime than that. But Compact Industries needed me for 70+ hours a week-to function as group leader. After 3 months of working 70 hrs average during my 3 month trial period under Aerotek employment, there was a lot of back and forth and BSing from both Aerotek and Compact... I wasn't paid the overtime.

Nov 3, 2014

We really appreciate your feedback and would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. In order to do so, please send us an email at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you!

JW Electrician

Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Firebaugh, CA
    Former Employee - Journeyman Electrician in Firebaugh, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job opportunities seem to be plentiful. Nice enough recruiters that promise many carrots for the future. As long as you are totally self contained, working for questionable contractors (hacks) are doable for the paycheck. Work .at the end of the day, is work. Sad state if you stay in these conditions when there are better ones out there.

Cons

The recruiter is not really in a position to be able to promise anything on behalf of the prospective employer, or pretend to have influence on them. The first week is without pay, so if you're commuting, better have some coin to carry you the first week. Know they are making money on you working, and that's the only thing they really care about. So should you...no loyalty, the carrots don't mean s---. Get the money for the work, and get out, or they'll take what ever you give em.

Pick your contractors better, and do a better job of policing the job-site conditions, not just making a show of pretending to care.

Oct 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us. If you have any issues or concerns, we would like to address them as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Poor experience

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good training program in place and you dont need much experience to get the job

Cons

Very much like a cult. It's their way or the highway. If you're not one of the chosen ones you'll never move up

Oct 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear about your poor experience. To share any of your concerns, please email us at webfeedback@aerotek.com. Thank you!

overall good company to who really tries to help you get a job

Current Employee - AML Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - AML Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great job connections and recruiters constantly stay in touch

Cons

so far I no cons.

try to get top dollar pay for your clients.

Oct 25, 2014

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience working with us! Thank you and have a great day!

Questionable Ethics

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Decent job starting out of college. A great way to get sales experience.

Cons

Terrible Ethical practices. For instance, I was told (as a recruiter) to not hire the elderly, or women that have been on maternity leave because they are not, "Grade A" candidates.--Definitely an illegal practice.
    No work/life balance.
    If you aren't 22-25, and you do not like to go out drinking every night you will never be accepted into the company culture.

Be more mature and professional. Consider hiring employees that are not just fresh out of college. Senior management is terribly inexperienced and does not seem very competent.

Oct 26, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience. Your feedback is very important to us, and we would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More