Aerotek Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
991 reviews filtered by

I am very fortunate to have a career at Aerotek. It's an amazing organization and has provided me great joy and success!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can honestly say that I am a better version of myself now from when i started 8 years ago because of the mentors, principles, and tools that Aerotek has provided me over my career. This is a generous organization with conviction on what is right. You will be both professionally and financially secure here if you are committed to make yourself and others great!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This company is a special place! Continue to promote humility, integrity, and accountability.

None

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

I have 15 years of cable experience.

Cons

I will some additional training if necessary!

Advice to Management

I am a dependable and hard working individual!

Gain a lot of good experience, but pay is low and turnover is high

Former Employee - CSA in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - CSA in Houston, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young workforce, weekly paycheck, onboarding/training, fun working environment

Cons

Long hours with low pay. Recruiters have low bases with the opportunity to make commission. HR staff is underpaid in comparison to the industry. Have to drink the kool aid to work here.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate salaries & responsibilities for all of the positions. Hire managers that have the ability to lead and to make the right decisions even when it's not the popular one.

5. Lousy Internship...

Former Employee - Recruiting Intern
    Former Employee - Recruiting Intern

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Some of the people are great but most are just misfits who fell into a career in staffing.

Cons

Do not Intern with this company. There is zero structure in this internship!!!

6. No communication

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Non that I can think of yet

Cons

No positions in my field. I think the company went down hill since January.

They don't care about their contract employees.

Former Employee - Commercial Order Processor
    Former Employee - Commercial Order Processor

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Contract employees receive weekly pay..

Cons

Account managers don't care about contract employees' concerns, and they fail to communicate with their employees.

Low Pay, Long Hours, and Office Politics

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Good way to get some experience as a new grad. Free food and expensed lunches. You work some cool companies its a good way to build rapport with key people and get a job at those companies.

Cons

Where to start, there is just so many negatives that one can talk about Aerotek San Francisco! For 1 it is a "feedback rich" environment AKA you can say whatever you to someone and criticize in derogatory way but its all part of career development. Some of the most tenured recruiters are the worst, partly because that normally means that they failed at being an account manager because no one in their right mind stays at the company as a pure recruiter for more than 18 months.

Aerotek San Francisco does not foster out of the box thinking and relies on recruiting practices from the 1980s. We live in a tech world and having hard copy resumes will not sustain itself much longer. Also its bad for the environment. At innovative companies, Aerotek's best practices would be seen as a waste of time. If there is an ATS in place why is there the need to talk about candidates moving through the funnel each morning at 7:45AM with every team in the office??? That is a waste of 40 minutes each morning, time that can be spent on recruiting.

You will work long hours, mostly 11 hour days and your account manager will be upset if you try and leave at 5. The last meeting of the day is at 5:30....but you start work at 7:30...how is that sustainable??? It's not that's why.

Advice to Management

Really, just close down operations. That would do everyone a service

They don't care about their employees. Just the accounts.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Fair pay and placement was fast.

Cons

They don't care if they ruin your life.

Advice to Management

Realize that the people you put into the accounts are more then just your paycheck, they are humans with families.

10. Do not go anywhere near this place

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

you can make a lot of money very quickly if you are in with the right people

Cons

-no professional development. If all you care about is making money, this is fine. However, you won't go further than account manager or ARM. They will tell you that you can move into other management roles, but the reality is that there are so few spots for so many internal candidates that the likelihood is slim.
    -Ethical behavior is only presented to prospective hires and clients. There is a lot that goes on behind closed doors that would make any sane person sick. They get things done through intimidation and secrets. They will flatter you so that you will be on their team, and then force you to keep your mouth shut if you want to advance professionally. Managers frequently make fun of the recruiters in front of the whole office, and progress is attempted through shaming of employees. Managers are given free reign and no accountability to their superiors, so as a result, recruiters are treated as minions to stay until all hours of the night to make their account managers commission, holding onto the promise that one day they can get there too.
    -Top level management does not seem to care about the treatment or behavior of their lower level managers. I have seen serious discriminations overlooked, harassments swept under the rug, and threats made. These have been reported, and overlooked. There is absolutely no accountability or decent behavior standards.

Advice to Management

Restructure the payscale so that recruiters are not earning half of the commission for three times the work. Empower the triangles to be partners rather than dictatorships. Seriously reconsider the realistic work-life balance that exists. Do not tolerate any discrimination, harassment or threats simply because the offender is a high performer.

11. Great experience

Current Contractor - Lab Technician in Des Moines, IA
    Current Contractor - Lab Technician in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They get you experience you need to obtain according to your degrees and interest right out of college! They treat you respectfully and response quickly to your every need.

Cons

It's mainly third-party contract work that pays hourly, and no 401K plan. They do offer some insurance benefits which is better than nothing.

Advice to Management

Check in more frequently with employees at different sites.