Aerotek Reviews

Reset

1. Mortgage Underwriter

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Reviewer in Apple Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Reviewer in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Found a position quickly but had to take a decrease in pay because that was all they had available at that time

Cons

first 3 checks are snail mailed...who does that?????? Most companies have direct deposit ready the following week. They mail out checks on Thursdays at 3pm which means it probably sits in the box for the mailman until Friday and doesnt reach you until Monday. That is unacceptable and inconvenient. You can pick your check up but the office closes at 5.....when you get off..

2. Electrical/Electronic/Communications Engineer specializing in cellular and microwave RF propagation.

Current Employee - Senior RF Engineer in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Senior RF Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

I have been a practicing Electrical/Electronic and RF Systems Engineer for many years. I consider it as much an avocation as a vocational career as I have loved technology since childhood. As such I consider myself truly dedicated to all aspects of my disciplines.

Cons

Age. I am a senior citizen. But I don't consider this to be a downside but an advantage by virtue of the wisdom acquired

Advice to Management

My interests is not compensation but the enjoyment at being analytical. Your offer is satisfactory.

3. Recruiter/Account Manager

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

This is a great place to learn my fire! I have learned and developed much at this company. As with all employers: "this place is not for everyone" holds true. This is a very dynamic and fast-paced environment that offers great responsibility if you can handle it.

Cons

Despite constant roting of not being a micro-managed company or a "numbers (quota)-driven" company. "Numbers" do play a large role in your role no matter the position. The reason why this company has been successful has been the hiring of a less experienced demographic. Given the hiring, you can guess to the potential culture and at points can see the "Plug and Play" theory occurring.

Aerotek Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment. Good company to learn time management, cold calling, and prioritization

Cons

Terrible work life balance. The hours are long and they expect a lot from their employees after hours

Advice to Management

Change the hours and allow flexible work schedules to more than people that have children.

6. Sales Manager

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Nothing, seems promising from the beginning but only gets worse.

Cons

Everything, too many to list and only brings up terrible memories.

Advice to Management

Close your doors, you are a disservice to the Treasure Valley

7. recruiter

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

base salary is 43,000 plus commission

Cons

office politics favor a specific type of personality

8. Clinical Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great learning experience and training. The organization teaches you how to grow professionally. Salary plus commission. Team environment. Work hard play hard philosophy.

Cons

The company is full of micro managers. Aerotek is a revolving door and the smart people get out in a year. Other staffing firms pay better, offer higher commissions and opportunity for growth. The company is very customer focused but neglects their internal employees. Intimidation is a prime way to motivate recruiters, even if you are performing above standards. As a young college grad, I'm happy I did a year here and got out.

Advice to Management

Just because your spread was high as a recruiter does not make you a manager or a sales person. This isn't a high school sports team or popularity contest that you actually think it is. Management should be dedicated to leadership. While not all managers were bad, roughly 75% had the same terrible attitude. They hate their lives but live for money.

9. Too much turnover to feel comfortable here

Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

You learn to have a great work ethic at this company.

Cons

They tell you about a work life balance. But they expect you to work 12 hours a day and then work on the weekends to finish things you didn't during the week. As a new grad not what you expect. And they told me I would be in sales. Recruiting is not a sales job. Is also very hard to see success at a company when the turn over is so high. I've just hit my 1 year mark and there have been at least 30+ people who have quit/let go since I started.

Advice to Management

Be honest when you hire people. Also telling people that they need to work more but not give them any reward when they finish doesn't motivate your employees.

10. Great Service!

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Friendly and professional help from one of the top staffing agencies. They invest time in you. They care.

Cons

There are no cons to share. I was truly pleased with all of their services and top notch assistance.

Advice to Management

No advice to management at this time. keep up the great work, Aerotek. You have done so much to help me!

11. I had a very positive experience with Aerotek and would work for them again without reservation.

Former Employee - Telecommunications Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Telecommunications Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Aerotek, Inc. is very supportive of its employees and my recruiter spoke with me weekly and met with me monthly - usually at a company paid breakfast or lunch. Aerotek provides healthcare benefits and paid time off for its employees.

Cons

Can't think of any as Aerotek is the best contract employment company that I worked for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Showing 921 of 1,125 reviews