Aerotek

Updated December 22, 2014
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

overall good company to who really tries to help you get a job

Current Employee - AML Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - AML Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great job connections and recruiters constantly stay in touch

Cons

so far I no cons.

try to get top dollar pay for your clients.

Oct 25, 2014

We are very happy to hear about your positive experience working with us! Thank you and have a great day!

Questionable Ethics

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Decent job starting out of college. A great way to get sales experience.

Cons

Terrible Ethical practices. For instance, I was told (as a recruiter) to not hire the elderly, or women that have been on maternity leave because they are not, "Grade A" candidates.--Definitely an illegal practice.
    No work/life balance.
    If you aren't 22-25, and you do not like to go out drinking every night you will never be accepted into the company culture.

Be more mature and professional. Consider hiring employees that are not just fresh out of college. Senior management is terribly inexperienced and does not seem very competent.

Oct 26, 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience. Your feedback is very important to us, and we would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

They will run you ragged....maybe even steal your soul.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning the industry, fun coworkers, vacation time accrued quickly after 3 years. Great stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Cons

Expectations can be unrealistic at times, manager was an absentee manager who was maybe in the office 8 hours a week, trigger happy with firing people and even after being there almost 4 years and hitting a year contest I was terminated, without any communication with my Director (only my Account Manager), after they found out I was looking and had a potential offer. They don't value recruiters - only Account Managers. Recruiters at Aerotek are viewed as very replaceable.

Oct 16, 2014

We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re sorry to hear about your poor experience while working with us. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. In order to do ... More

False promises

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

It's a job, weekly pay

Cons

Compensation, politics, only 5 paid days off per year

Place yourself in employees shows when implementing policies and procedures.

Oct 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Treated as a number, not a person

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Fast hiring, mostly good opportunities.

Cons

After working w/ Aerotek at a large WDSM company (who they seem to value more than the employees) Aerotek gathered my personal belongins and did not contact me about them. Instead they threw them in the garbage. My family picture went into the trash. I will never recommend this company to anyone...EVER. My recruiter, who is not with them any longer, was not a very personable gal. In fact, she lacked personality all together.

Treat your employess like people and show them you value you them over the companies you send people to.

Oct 16, 2014

Working hard for those above.

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for someone new in the business world

Cons

Work/Llife balance does not equal

Spend more time working and talking with groups other than Sales

Oct 15, 2014

Your feedback is highly appreciated, and it will help us improve our services. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

I took a test for a job passed well was sent a form letter "stamped" by someone I never heard saying 30 yrs experience w

Current Employee - Lab Tech But Actually Research and Development in Meriden, CT

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get paid on time

Cons

what you get paid on time

hire more people for their experience and not because of who they know or the right nationality

A very social atmosphere

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

The company culture was fun. A big part of the job is being social to prepare you for a sales career. It was a good place to work.

Cons

You are on the phone almost the entire day. In order to do well at this job, you can't be afraid to hear the word "no" a lot. Also the pay is low considering they higher mostly college graduates.

An amazing place to start your career

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Choosing to begin your career at Aerotek is wise decision for multiple reasons. First, you receive incredible training, development, and mentorship from your colleagues- I am convinced the mentorship you receive there, specifically, is the best you could possibly experience. Especially if you don't have much career direction coming out of college, Aerotek is a great way to learn about different industries and career paths because you support so many different companies (including the obvious two that they offer- recruiting and sales). You will also work with some of the best people you'll ever get to meet when you work at Aerotek. Working at Aerotek can be very challenging and exhausting, so having great people by your side helps you through the hard times. The culture is definitely what Aerotek's foundation is built on, although it has started to slide/change a bit over the years.

Cons

There isn't much opportunity for anyone not interested in recruiting, sales, or customer support. You have to be extremely successful (in Aerotek's sales-based terms) in order to really get anywhere unique within the company.

Create more opportunities for those who aren't put in the best territory/situation but still embody core values to represent the company well in non sales-based roles (outside of just the CSA role).

I worked for Aerotek on two separate occasions and both were good experiences.

Former Employee - Technical Writer/Editor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Writer/Editor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The company treats its contractors fairly and provides a standard wage.

Cons

The company I was placed at had a lot of managerial issues. As a contractor, this happens occasionally.