Aerotek

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr

Todd Mohr

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Lucky to have been recruited by this staffing agency

Research Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIf you want to work in bio-tech, it's a good way of getting your foot into the door of some of the bigger companies like Genentech and Gilead in the SF Bay Area. Later you might be able to get full-time employment as opportunities at the client company where you work open up.

ConsRecruiters are busy - only if they specifically have positions available will they have the time for you, and building a relationship with one of them is key

Disappointing

Contractor (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time

ProsThe recruiter did get me a job at a start up tech company in San Francisco that was super cool and decent compensation for someone of my skill set and experience. I really enjoyed my time there and wish I was still working for the company.

ConsThe first issue was that they kept promising that the job was going to start but the tech company was very indecisive and kept delaying the start time. This went on for a couple of months to the point where I quit my current job and found out the day of that the job would be delayed for another few months. The second issue I have with them is I feel like they were not upfront and honest with me about the nature of the job and what the arrangement was until it was a bit too late.

I found out when I was signing the final documents that I would be a contractor of Aerotek not an employee of the tech company which was a turn off. I was promised that contractors were getting hired and it was only a formality but when I got there I found that only one contractor had been hired on and he is the only one I know of to this day.

Long story short after about two and a half months the company let the contractors go, I got a call from the recruiter who said that he took no pleasure in telling me this which I am sure because he would be losing money. He then told me that at least I had made more money than staying at my old job which was extremely offensive because I would have been better to stay at my old job.

He said that he would assist to me in finding other work but never called me back and honestly I was kind of disgusted and just decided to go in my own direction.

To this day I am still unemployed and stuck with a resume that makes me out to be a job hopper and no real advantages from working with Aerotek. Just know what you are getting into if you use a recruiter and keep in mind that unless this job will give you the ability to advance your career just stay with your current job and attend school or intern to improve yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, Communication, Communication I can't say it enough. Make sure that your recruiters are up front and honest with people before they get people to quite there jobs and get to a point of no return. Also putting stronger guidelines on companies using Aerotek's services and not allowing them to yank your company around so much with their indecision. Remember you are effecting peoples lives and their ability to provided for themselves and their families.

Gain Experience to Get a Better Job!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

ProsYou will receive great training to learn best practices and meet great people along the way. After you have a contractor pool you will be expected to uphold the customer service piece of the job by taking your contractors out to lunch. There is essentially no cap on the meals so you have the opportunity to eat at some great restaurants.

ConsBesides great training and free food, Aerotek has little more to offer in terms of a career and long term employment. Once you look past the "enormous earning potential," you will realize that you are being overworked, underpaid, and micromanaged. You will be expected to meet up with your triangle at 7:45AM followed by a meet up with your division at 8AM, then an office meeting called "red zone" at 8:15AM. Red Zone is mainly a waste of time where half of it is the DBO asking why we don't have feedback, why there aren't enough reqs on the board, or hearing the sighs of disappointment when we don't "win." The other half of red zone is listening to praises by others when people do their job. Red Zone typically is over around 8:45AM-9AM. All in all a waste of an hour in the morning. On Monday mornings you will be expected to turn in your weekly report where you have to provide in detail your weekly activities and talk about who impacted you and who you impacted and how........basically a huge waste of time.

Aerotek is full of micromangers who want to outline your every second. The main goal is to drive business so Aerotek is always looking to promote recruiters into the sales role typically within 1 year. They also hire entry level people straight out of college so imagine a 24 year old responsible for your career. This person may lack professionalism, does not know HR regulations and policies, may have horrible delivery when it comes to providing feedback but as long as they are top performers they will be in the DBO's back pocket. Depending on your manager this person may want you to do everything the way they would and if you don't you will.

When you first start and when you are in your 13 weeks your hours will be from 7:30AM-4:30PM. After your first quarter you will be expected to take part in BD101 which means every tuesday for about 14 weeks you will role play cold calls, first meetings, and introductions with the management team. This is the chance for the management team to see who they would like to join the fraternity. On these days you will be at work until around 7:30PM. After that ends busy season comes and lasts from September through December. This means that they are a high amount of positions. You will place people but since the positions are so low level and low paying these people are unreliable and you will have wasted your time. They will play up the ability to earn uncapped commissions but at what price? Working until around 7:30PM everyday? If you attempt to leave before your peers you will be looked at like you aren't a team player. You will end up working 11 hours days, which is seen as normal. The sales team is even worse. If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you.

If you were in a fraternity or sorority, Aerotek will be perfect for you! You will be expected to know the executive team, our "guiding principles," motto, and build relationships with the sales team and DBO aka be teacher's pet which is encouraged. Bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays can be seen as fraternity meetings.

Largely disappointing experience.

Engineer (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood pay, and networking potential.

ConsRecruiters only care about commissions, and will engage in deceptive business practices to get employees to sign temporary contracts. For example, I was told by my recruiter that a position would be for one year, and that at the end of the assignment, the employer would hire me. What happened was that, after the project I was hired for was completed, the employer no longer needed my services and my assignment was over. Rather than a one year "contract to hire" position, it became a four month temporary position.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your business model to one that doesn't require being dishonest to employees about what to expect.

Can't complain

Livermore, CA

I have been working at Aerotek for less than a year

ProsThe initial rep (Hannaleis) that I had was awesome. She worked above and beyond to place me with a location. She even went the extra mile to meet my salary needs.

ConsHannaleis left the company and now I'm not too sure

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to start your sales career.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTraining. Structure. Opportunities for advancement.

ConsIt's a grind. There's a high burnout rate. The industry is tough.

Horrible Recruiters and Recruiting management

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee)
Hayward, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

ProsIts employment! Usually Job placement is in a convenient location.

ConsRecruiters are great when they are trying to get you in to a contract but if you ever have a problem, Phone calls/ E-mails go unanswered & no return calls. Very Disgusted with Alameda, CA office. Making it a point to let anyone I come across in the Aviation to let them know of my experience and my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Alameda, CA Aviation recruiters/Managers need more experience in Aviation & customer(Placed Employee) service!!! Very Disgusted with that office. Making it a point to let anyone I come across in the Aviation to let them know of my experience and my opinion.

Toxic Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

ProsNice view of the bay

ConsVery numbers driven. They'll call you out in front of the entire office. They tout a 'feedback rich environment' which is just their name for heavy criticism.

It is a very old school company - doesn't promote new ideas, creative thinking, etc. You do things by the book, you work long hours and bring in money and they'll probably promote you. Anything less than that, and they'll make your experience miserable until you leave or you're fired.

Many of the higher level managers have never worked at another company and really feel like they're 'big dogs'. Because of this, they can be arrogant, disrespectful and chauvinistic. Generally unprofessional.

Every one of their contractors is just a name on their list.

Lab Technical (Current Employee)
South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFree lunches once in a while.

ConsThey take about 33% of your earnings.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up with your contractors and give them quarterly raises to keep them motivated.

Good Starting Job

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Alameda, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat culture, work ethic, excellent training, great mentors within the company, lots of travel for trainings, met some friends for life, potential to make a lot of money but with lots of work

Conslow salary, no work-life balance, bad benefits, work schedule was typically from 7:30-5:30pm but you usually stayed at work longer, old boy's club at times, sometimes cultish

Advice to Senior Managementincrease salary and the good people will stay

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!

Aerotek Videos

Aerotek – Why Work for Us?

A Leader in Recruiting and Staffing Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aerotek reviews and ratings in San Francisco, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aerotek CEO Todd Mohr. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Aerotek employees.