www.aerotek.com

Updated January 26, 2015
2.4

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

27 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Good experience, too much turnover

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

People, fast growth, excellent experience

Cons

Depends on your director, attrition, no work life balance

Be proactive to prevent attrition

Oct 15, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience. If you have any concerns, please let us at webfeedback@aerotek.com , and we will address them as efficiently as ... More

Hard work, Low pay, No incentives, DRAMA EVERYWHERE

Former Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard, sell your soul to your DBO or AM, you can finagle your way to the top.

Cons

Where do I start. Coworkers are cut-throat. They promote "healthy competition" however you will get stabbed in the back (not literally) when someone sees you as a threat. Account Managers/DBO's micromanage you like you can't even believe. Yes, it is important to hit certain metrics, but they need to know when enough is enough. Recruiters will find themselves cutting corners and going behind HR's back in order to make the clients happy. You go home at the end of the day wondering why you even work there. ONLY top performers are rewarded- those left behind are not recognized or even given the opportunity to learn and improve. This is the most selfish environment and company I have ever experienced. It did not start that way a few years ago- it used to be a fun and exciting culture, but it definitely has evolved for the worse.

GET WITH THE TIMES. Update your business model. Treat your employees fair, not like they are disposable. Let go of those who cause drama- there are too many people here that are in it for #1. It's unfortunate to see this company dwindle down to what it has become.

Jan 29, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would like to address any of your concerns as efficiently as possible. To do so, please email us at ... More

Office politics with AM's/recruiters

Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

great place to make money quick if you have a dark soul, and are able to bull your way through to being an account manager

Cons

People are fake here, they hide behind care-frontation and use that as a way to belittle you. So many office politics that are unnecessary. Currently still working here and see many people that get fired because of "not fitting in" which is a sad excuse for bad management. people will be nice to you upfront but plotting against you

going to leave within this year

cliquish environment, terrible work-life balance. Have these constant meetings that take up at least 30-40 minutes of your day. Mostly just a complete waste of time. too many fake people

Jan 22, 2015

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. Unprofessionalism is not representative of our company and its values. We would like to address any of ... More

Excellent Training Ground, Then Move On

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great place for a person right out of college. If you are looking for a career in recruiting you will learn how to manage your time under strict and unreasonable timelines. Depending on the division you are under you will also learn market knowledge and insight. You have one year to prove yourself within your specific office for a promotion to an Account Manager role. The goal is to grow the business via sales so really proving yourself within this amount time can grant you a promotion with 12-16 months.

Cons

Any person on the street can get hired at this company. They seek new grads or anyone who is working in a customer service role. One meeting was called for more referrals reminding employees to keep anyone in mind they had a great experience with working at a restaurant or clothing store. It's not that hard to get a job here. They pick these types of people because they do not know what a corporate environment looks like and are easily moldable into believing their work is important. For anyone who has had previous experience working for a well established brand, even as an office assistant in college, you will see right through the illegal practices that take place here. Your first 12 weeks you are a trainee and hourly. You will be expected to work hours that you will not be paid overtime for (which is ILLEGAL). You will be expected to use your own car to travel to clients for meetings or networking events but will not be paid the national average for mileage reimbursement (which is ILLEGAL). At the time of my employment the national mileage was $.55 per mile, Aerotek would only reimburse $.37....and they will not tell you that because of this you are able list every car expense as a tax write off (car wash, maintaneceservices....ETC). Once you are a salary employee be expected to work from 7:30AM (sometimes 7AM for "breakfast meetings") to 6:30PM. During busy times leaving before your team is heavily frowned upon.

Your experience heavily depends upon your manager and their abilities. If you work for a micro-manager you day to day will not be enjoyable. IE getting calls throughout the day or emails to check on progress is not a fun experience. The goal is to grow business and they hire recent college grads which means that people that have 1-2 years of experience are in management roles. Some people just are not mature enough to hold these types of roles.

The rewards are not enough to merit for the amount of work that is being put in. There will be happy hours every here and there but once again you won't realize how much you are being underpaid until you see other companies in the Bay Area. Other companies compensate a lot better for the same role and give way more. Aerotek only gives you 5 paid holidays per year. You will be expected to be in office to work until x time and not take a lunch before you leave for holidays like Christmas Eve. What kind of company does this?

Compensate better, provide better work like balance and increase holidays per year. Stay competitive within the Bay Area market.

Dec 16, 2014

We really appreciate your comprehensive feedback. We are really sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with us, however your opinion will help us improve our service. We would like to address ... More

AVIOD

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent happy hours, cool people

Cons

12+ hour days, no work life balance, COLT LIKE ATTITUDE. This is the ultimate brain wash scheme. Don't fall for it...they have a high starting salary to reel in quality people. After being there for 2 weeks I saw what they were all about. NOTHING GOOD!!! Do yourself a favor-if you are a college grad do not waste your time. You are better than this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Working for this place was the biggest mistake of my career.

Stop brainwashing your recruiters. Find some real leaders. Start hiring high school grads not college grads.

Nov 24, 2014

Great first job out of college, lots of opportunity for learning!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They invest in their people, if you work hard, show effort, and get involved they notice that. You will start to be given extra projects or additional training invitations, this is a good thing, they see you as a leader. They value hard working people who want to make an impact on the office and their peers. This job takes hussle and time management; it also takes someone who self-driven which is something you can't train. Gotta bring it and push yourself.

Cons

The hours can be tough to adjust too if you're coming from college bubble life. The hours are long 7:30 - to sometimes 6pm, 6:30pm. Manage your time, work your butt off when you're there and you'll be in good shape.

Your work goals and environment depends a lot on your account manager - each one runs his ship a little different but as long as you communicate all manger/recruiter relationships have great potential. The team aspect is good here -- although some account managers can be pretty tough...all depends on the actual person though and their management style. Micromanaging verses a more hands off approach.

This company is numbers based 100% - high performers = success. It's necessary to hit your numbers, for some this is motivation for others it's a con.

Current Contractor - Chemst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Chemst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

great people and nice benefits

Cons

everyone is friendly and tries to help

Friendly Contract Managers on Autopilot

Current Contractor - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting positions available in wide array of industries. Well suited for entry-level contract work. Payroll works without a hitch.

Cons

Aerotek "handlers" often have to be cajoled into being responsive. Maybe they're stretched too thin but, I've seen their (my) clients practically beg them to return calls/email. They are generally very pleasant to work with but if you're looking for more than the bare minimum management of your contract (i.e. terms negotiation, multi-contract planning), look elsewhere.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The recruiter did get me a job at a start up tech company in San Francisco that was super cool and decent compensation for someone of my skill set and experience. I really enjoyed my time there and wish I was still working for the company.

Cons

The first issue was that they kept promising that the job was going to start but the tech company was very indecisive and kept delaying the start time. This went on for a couple of months to the point where I quit my current job and found out the day of that the job would be delayed for another few months. The second issue I have with them is I feel like they were not upfront and honest with me about the nature of the job and what the arrangement was until it was a bit too late.

I found out when I was signing the final documents that I would be a contractor of Aerotek not an employee of the tech company which was a turn off. I was promised that contractors were getting hired and it was only a formality but when I got there I found that only one contractor had been hired on and he is the only one I know of to this day.

Long story short after about two and a half months the company let the contractors go, I got a call from the recruiter who said that he took no pleasure in telling me this which I am sure because he would be losing money. He then told me that at least I had made more money than staying at my old job which was extremely offensive because I would have been better to stay at my old job.

He said that he would assist to me in finding other work but never called me back and honestly I was kind of disgusted and just decided to go in my own direction.

To this day I am still unemployed and stuck with a resume that makes me out to be a job hopper and no real advantages from working with Aerotek. Just know what you are getting into if you use a recruiter and keep in mind that unless this job will give you the ability to advance your career just stay with your current job and attend school or intern to improve yourself.

Communication, Communication, Communication I can't say it enough. Make sure that your recruiters are up front and honest with people before they get people to quite there jobs and get to a point of no return. Also putting stronger guidelines on companies using Aerotek's services and not allowing them to yank your company around so much with their indecision. Remember you are effecting peoples lives and their ability to provided for themselves and their families.

Gain Experience to Get a Better Job!

Current Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will receive great training to learn best practices and meet great people along the way. After you have a contractor pool you will be expected to uphold the customer service piece of the job by taking your contractors out to lunch. There is essentially no cap on the meals so you have the opportunity to eat at some great restaurants.

Cons

Besides great training and free food, Aerotek has little more to offer in terms of a career and long term employment. Once you look past the "enormous earning potential," you will realize that you are being overworked, underpaid, and micromanaged. You will be expected to meet up with your triangle at 7:45AM followed by a meet up with your division at 8AM, then an office meeting called "red zone" at 8:15AM. Red Zone is mainly a waste of time where half of it is the DBO asking why we don't have feedback, why there aren't enough reqs on the board, or hearing the sighs of disappointment when we don't "win." The other half of red zone is listening to praises by others when people do their job. Red Zone typically is over around 8:45AM-9AM. All in all a waste of an hour in the morning. On Monday mornings you will be expected to turn in your weekly report where you have to provide in detail your weekly activities and talk about who impacted you and who you impacted and how........basically a huge waste of time.

Aerotek is full of micromangers who want to outline your every second. The main goal is to drive business so Aerotek is always looking to promote recruiters into the sales role typically within 1 year. They also hire entry level people straight out of college so imagine a 24 year old responsible for your career. This person may lack professionalism, does not know HR regulations and policies, may have horrible delivery when it comes to providing feedback but as long as they are top performers they will be in the DBO's back pocket. Depending on your manager this person may want you to do everything the way they would and if you don't you will.

When you first start and when you are in your 13 weeks your hours will be from 7:30AM-4:30PM. After your first quarter you will be expected to take part in BD101 which means every tuesday for about 14 weeks you will role play cold calls, first meetings, and introductions with the management team. This is the chance for the management team to see who they would like to join the fraternity. On these days you will be at work until around 7:30PM. After that ends busy season comes and lasts from September through December. This means that they are a high amount of positions. You will place people but since the positions are so low level and low paying these people are unreliable and you will have wasted your time. They will play up the ability to earn uncapped commissions but at what price? Working until around 7:30PM everyday? If you attempt to leave before your peers you will be looked at like you aren't a team player. You will end up working 11 hours days, which is seen as normal. The sales team is even worse. If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you.

If you were in a fraternity or sorority, Aerotek will be perfect for you! You will be expected to know the executive team, our "guiding principles," motto, and build relationships with the sales team and DBO aka be teacher's pet which is encouraged. Bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays can be seen as fraternity meetings.