Aerotek Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated September 16, 2014
3.3

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • good training - if you are in the top 1% of the company you can make a lot of money (in 17 reviews)

• Decent Commission Structure ability to make a lot of money (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 79 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Aerotek

Current Employee - Chemst  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Chemst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

great people and nice benefits

Cons

everyone is friendly and tries to help

Great first job out of college, lots of opportunity for learning!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

They invest in their people, if you work hard, show effort, and get involved they notice that. You will start to be given extra projects or additional training invitations, this is a good thing, they see you as a leader. They value hard working people who want to make an impact on the office and their peers. This job takes hussle and time management; it also takes someone who self-driven which is something you can't train. Gotta bring it and push yourself.

Cons

The hours can be tough to adjust too if you're coming from college bubble life. The hours are long 7:30 - to sometimes 6pm, 6:30pm. Manage your time, work your butt off when you're there and you'll be in good shape.

Your work goals and environment depends a lot on your account manager - each one runs his ship a little different but as long as you communicate all manger/recruiter relationships have great potential. The team aspect is good here -- although some account managers can be pretty tough...all depends on the actual person though and their management style. Micromanaging verses a more hands off approach.

This company is numbers based 100% - high performers = success. It's necessary to hit your numbers, for some this is motivation for others it's a con.

Friendly Contract Managers on Autopilot

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Interesting positions available in wide array of industries. Well suited for entry-level contract work. Payroll works without a hitch.

Cons

Aerotek "handlers" often have to be cajoled into being responsive. Maybe they're stretched too thin but, I've seen their (my) clients practically beg them to return calls/email. They are generally very pleasant to work with but if you're looking for more than the bare minimum management of your contract (i.e. terms negotiation, multi-contract planning), look elsewhere.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Former Employee - Contractor  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The recruiter did get me a job at a start up tech company in San Francisco that was super cool and decent compensation for someone of my skill set and experience. I really enjoyed my time there and wish I was still working for the company.

Cons

The first issue was that they kept promising that the job was going to start but the tech company was very indecisive and kept delaying the start time. This went on for a couple of months to the point where I quit my current job and found out the day of that the job would be delayed for another few months. The second issue I have with them is I feel like they were not upfront and honest with me about the nature of the job and what the arrangement was until it was a bit too late.

I found out when I was signing the final documents that I would be a contractor of Aerotek not an employee of the tech company which was a turn off. I was promised that contractors were getting hired and it was only a formality but when I got there I found that only one contractor had been hired on and he is the only one I know of to this day.

Long story short after about two and a half months the company let the contractors go, I got a call from the recruiter who said that he took no pleasure in telling me this which I am sure because he would be losing money. He then told me that at least I had made more money than staying at my old job which was extremely offensive because I would have been better to stay at my old job.

He said that he would assist to me in finding other work but never called me back and honestly I was kind of disgusted and just decided to go in my own direction.

To this day I am still unemployed and stuck with a resume that makes me out to be a job hopper and no real advantages from working with Aerotek. Just know what you are getting into if you use a recruiter and keep in mind that unless this job will give you the ability to advance your career just stay with your current job and attend school or intern to improve yourself.

Communication, Communication, Communication I can't say it enough. Make sure that your recruiters are up front and honest with people before they get people to quite there jobs and get to a point of no return. Also putting stronger guidelines on companies using Aerotek's services and not allowing them to yank your company around so much with their indecision. Remember you are effecting peoples lives and their ability to provided for themselves and their families.

Gain Experience to Get a Better Job!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will receive great training to learn best practices and meet great people along the way. After you have a contractor pool you will be expected to uphold the customer service piece of the job by taking your contractors out to lunch. There is essentially no cap on the meals so you have the opportunity to eat at some great restaurants.

Cons

Besides great training and free food, Aerotek has little more to offer in terms of a career and long term employment. Once you look past the "enormous earning potential," you will realize that you are being overworked, underpaid, and micromanaged. You will be expected to meet up with your triangle at 7:45AM followed by a meet up with your division at 8AM, then an office meeting called "red zone" at 8:15AM. Red Zone is mainly a waste of time where half of it is the DBO asking why we don't have feedback, why there aren't enough reqs on the board, or hearing the sighs of disappointment when we don't "win." The other half of red zone is listening to praises by others when people do their job. Red Zone typically is over around 8:45AM-9AM. All in all a waste of an hour in the morning. On Monday mornings you will be expected to turn in your weekly report where you have to provide in detail your weekly activities and talk about who impacted you and who you impacted and how........basically a huge waste of time.

Aerotek is full of micromangers who want to outline your every second. The main goal is to drive business so Aerotek is always looking to promote recruiters into the sales role typically within 1 year. They also hire entry level people straight out of college so imagine a 24 year old responsible for your career. This person may lack professionalism, does not know HR regulations and policies, may have horrible delivery when it comes to providing feedback but as long as they are top performers they will be in the DBO's back pocket. Depending on your manager this person may want you to do everything the way they would and if you don't you will.

When you first start and when you are in your 13 weeks your hours will be from 7:30AM-4:30PM. After your first quarter you will be expected to take part in BD101 which means every tuesday for about 14 weeks you will role play cold calls, first meetings, and introductions with the management team. This is the chance for the management team to see who they would like to join the fraternity. On these days you will be at work until around 7:30PM. After that ends busy season comes and lasts from September through December. This means that they are a high amount of positions. You will place people but since the positions are so low level and low paying these people are unreliable and you will have wasted your time. They will play up the ability to earn uncapped commissions but at what price? Working until around 7:30PM everyday? If you attempt to leave before your peers you will be looked at like you aren't a team player. You will end up working 11 hours days, which is seen as normal. The sales team is even worse. If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you.

If you were in a fraternity or sorority, Aerotek will be perfect for you! You will be expected to know the executive team, our "guiding principles," motto, and build relationships with the sales team and DBO aka be teacher's pet which is encouraged. Bi-weekly meetings on Wednesdays can be seen as fraternity meetings.

Lucky to have been recruited by this staffing agency

Former Employee - Research Associate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If you want to work in bio-tech, it's a good way of getting your foot into the door of some of the bigger companies like Genentech and Gilead in the SF Bay Area. Later you might be able to get full-time employment as opportunities at the client company where you work open up.

Cons

Recruiters are busy - only if they specifically have positions available will they have the time for you, and building a relationship with one of them is key

Largely disappointing experience.

Former Employee - Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, and networking potential.

Cons

Recruiters only care about commissions, and will engage in deceptive business practices to get employees to sign temporary contracts. For example, I was told by my recruiter that a position would be for one year, and that at the end of the assignment, the employer would hire me. What happened was that, after the project I was hired for was completed, the employer no longer needed my services and my assignment was over. Rather than a one year "contract to hire" position, it became a four month temporary position.

Change your business model to one that doesn't require being dishonest to employees about what to expect.

Can't complain

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Aerotek for less than a year

Pros

The initial rep (Hannaleis) that I had was awesome. She worked above and beyond to place me with a location. She even went the extra mile to meet my salary needs.

Cons

Hannaleis left the company and now I'm not too sure

None

Great place to start your sales career.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training. Structure. Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

It's a grind. There's a high burnout rate. The industry is tough.

Horrible Recruiters and Recruiting management

Former Employee - Aircraft Technician  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Aircraft Technician in Hayward, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its employment! Usually Job placement is in a convenient location.

Cons

Recruiters are great when they are trying to get you in to a contract but if you ever have a problem, Phone calls/ E-mails go unanswered & no return calls. Very Disgusted with Alameda, CA office. Making it a point to let anyone I come across in the Aviation to let them know of my experience and my opinion.

The Alameda, CA Aviation recruiters/Managers need more experience in Aviation & customer(Placed Employee) service!!! Very Disgusted with that office. Making it a point to let anyone I come across in the Aviation to let them know of my experience and my opinion.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!