Aerus Reviews

Updated April 2, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
2.7
Joseph P. Urso

Great job for people willing to get paid on performance.

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Hanover Park, IL
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Hanover Park, IL

I have been working at Aerus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started as a college student in 1980.
    Since I started door to door, and since I have been on over 50 all expense trips around the world!
    I started with a fifty dollar car and yet earned over $45,000 my first year in 1981.
    Since 1980 I've earned millions of dollars, and I still enjoy working with Aerus and can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

You have to have self discipline, no one will tell you to work.

2. Micro-Managing

Former Employee - Office Manager in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at Aerus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paying 25% on company trips

Cons

Well, if you're a store manager, like I was, you don't get to do any managing, because you got the CEO and his minions breathing down your neck. They're corporate office/head quarters are in the same store in Fresno, CA. as you are in. Plus, the pay is so low for an Office/Store manager: $10 an hour and they expect you to sell, manage, inventory control, train and hire sales rep: who work only on commission, repair and service broken vacuums, tech support, and verbal abuse from owner and his minions.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing. Pay your Office/store manager more for what she/he does for your store. Learn how to trust the people you hire to do the job you hire them for.

3. Poor management and corporate structure

Former Employee - Builder Account Manager
    Former Employee - Builder Account Manager

I worked at Aerus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot from National director of Builder Accounts and still respect very much. Worked harder and accomplished more in there than at any previous position

Cons

Manipulative boss, corporate hierarchy, micromanaging, poor culture and communication, staff drama

Advice to Management

Communicate and take interest with employees

5. Stuck in the 70s...

I worked at Aerus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most folks are friendly, and the pay and benefits is acceptable. Offices are nice. I only enjoyed about 20% of my experience there. The rest was just nothing but unnecessary stress.

Cons

The company seems rudderless. They have a strategy of throwing everything against the wall to see if it sticks. Poor overall company vision. Lots of egos, and career employees seem out of touch. Most companies they acquire end up shrinking to bare minimum, and then just sustain.

Advice to Management

Focus more on a long term plan. Be more motivational to employees. Stop treating your employees as assets.

6. Aerus Electrolux

I have been working at Aerus

Pros

Flexible hours, unlimited earning potential because of comissions

Cons

Not every office offers benefits

7. Best Opportunity for Personal Growth and Financial Independence.

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Kingston, PA
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Kingston, PA

I have been working at Aerus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Income Opportunity.
    Fantastic Advancement Opportunity
    Awesome Training Program
    Incredible Incentive Programs. (Bonuses, Prizes, Trips...etc. etc.)

Cons

You get out of this opportunity exactly what you put into it.
    You must have a good work ethic, positive mental attitude, and a willingness to learn.
    Your Friends and Family wont get it until they see your results.

Advice to Management

Keep Sharing The Opportunity!!

8. You cannot find a better company to work regarding door to door sales.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fitchburg, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fitchburg, MA

I have been working at Aerus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The good is that Aerus is a company built on franchise opportunities. This allows hard working people who care about their employees to give them time off when they need it and make their time at the company very rewarding. The calls were generated by the branch I worked for which allowed for less worry. The company allows you to make very good money and live well coupled with time off.

Cons

The bad is that Aerus is a company built on franchise opportunities. This allows people who don't care about making money and keeping employees to open stores which was shown by other branches in our area. Also there was a staggering lack of training and no benefits provided through the company.

Advice to Management

Train more, expect less from new comers.

9. Independent sales job, but they dont tell you that when they reel you in only its a service job

I worked at Aerus

Pros

Work your own hours, friendly staff, the boss will literally take u out personally and try to generate sales

Cons

No guaranteed income, u have to work there like 2 weeks before anyone telss u what the job really is. When u r actually doing in home sales like Kirby guys, the staff is coached to only tell new hires that we go in homes and teat air quality and then educated the homeowners. Apparently they dont feel its necassary to tell new hires if u dont sell u dont get paid. Unfortunate because they make it seem like you have a guanteed check each week just for doing the standard air test and education session in folks homes.

Advice to Management

Tell new hires up front this is just like selling Kirby's only we have different products than just a vacuum. I have seen entire hiring groups quit when they all realize at the same time they have been lied to about what the job really is what slim chance we have to make money

The Shell Game

Current Contractor - Sales Representative in Williamsport, PA
    Current Contractor - Sales Representative in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Aerus as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of money to make as long as you don't have any ethics. An elite clique full of brats who call each other "boss" and act all "ghetto". Great for people with criminal minds and zero ethics.

Cons

There are three local companies, in Williamsport Pa, associated with this group. Aerus, Rainbow Carpet and Lycoming Air Supply. All three sell overpriced appliances. They prey on the elderly mostly. The job begins with door to door sales. I put in two weeks 'training' with a salesman. I was absolutely appalled by the unethical methods he used and couldn't bring myself to sell the lies he did. He made it sound like everyday air was full of poisonous allergens and other nasty substances. Therefore, to prolong life, Aerus air filters and vacuum cleaners were worth the thousands of dollars. I worked with this company over two weeks and didn't receive a penny. I quit because I couldn't sell these commodities, at these prices and under this level of deception. Sadly, the local manager made over $200.000 a year. More than a medical doctor or a lawyer. Yep, capitalism is not meritocratic.

Advice to Management

Get a real job. Admit your services are overpriced and unnecessary. Stop using a pyramid scheme.

Bad experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, NC

I worked at Aerus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will use you to get money from your swet

Cons

They will use you to make money from your swet

Advice to Management

No good