Aetna

Aetna Reviews in Orlando, FL

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Aetna Chairman, President, and CEO Mark T. Bertolini

Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • Fast paced environment; flexibility for work at home; opportunity for advancement(in 98 reviews)

• so far more paid time off as well as more emphasis on work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • I do find that I have a very good work/life balance, at least I did before I had to change positions(in 21 reviews)

• Employee health insurance benefits are very expensive and coverage limited(in 27 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Aetna offers incentives to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle. There are many opportunities to work from home.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mid Florida, FL

ProsThe company is concerned about the health and wellness of its employees and offers many incentives for eating well and being active. Internal job movement is encouraged, and employees can submit their resume on the Intranet and be contacted for job openings that match their skills set. Over 20% of the company's employees are teleworkers.

ConsIn the field in which I work, Aetna does not have many opprotunities for advancement. However, there are many opportunities to grow if I choose to leave my field and stay with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for employee suggestions on a regular basis.

Very poorly managed. Information is not relayed efficiently and management is biased and plays favorites.

Pharmacy Service Representative (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsBenefits are great, promotions to earn cash incentives for participating in certain health improvement programs.

ConsUnderqualified management staff. Most cases of advancement or other career opportunities offered are often biased with heavy favoritism. Systems operations are constantly being changed and several systems are mandatory to be implemented with insufficient training on how to utilize. Employees are often laid off for not using systems which are sometimes not required to perform certain tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease offer more thorough and detailed training when utilizing new systems for operations. Better qualified managers whom do not play favorites.

Overall, I enjoyed working for the company but there were some questionable managers locally.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsOne of the best reasons to work for Aetna is the opportunity to make a difference each day. No two days were ever the same.

ConsThey need stronger leadership in the local markets to achieve consistent success.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey local markets are what make the company and it imperative that you have the right people in those positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not as advertised...

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mid Florida, FL

ProsGood benefits package and ability to earn bonus. There is a relatively good support mechanism in staving off the monotony of the position.

ConsIt can be relatively disheartening when your manager obviously plays favorites, and not with those who are most deserving or have the best performance. There is a tendency for back-stabbing and gossip, which can have an effect on behavior in the entire surrounding area. You can advance through mediocrity as long as you can be appropriately obsequious to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would take a closer look at the survey results regarding direct manager performance and demonstrate that there can be consequences to poor management at the local level.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!