Aetna

I loved my job until...

Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI was a Coventry employee and became a part of Aetna through the acquisition. Here are some of the positives I found:
- Pay was good
- Benefits were not bad
- Good work/life balance

ConsI will just say that before Aetna acquired Coventry, I absolutely loved my job and would not have even thought of leaving. That said, Aetna came in and just start dismantling Coventry management and communication was poor. As a Manager, I had no idea what was happening with the integration or how my team would be integrated into Aetna. I was extremely discouraged by how Aetna handled the integration. You can't expect me to share your vision as a Manager when I don't know what your vision is.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think you care what I think. I gave nearly a month's notice and no one from Aetna took the time to even complete an exit interview with me. Get organized and treat Coventry's employees better, they deserve it. Also, you should re-read the "Aetna wheel" as your actions don't match your own values.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aetna reviews and ratings in Saint Louis, MO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aetna CEO Mark T. Bertolini. All reviews posted anonymously by Aetna employees.