Aetna Reviews

Reset
4.1
Aetna Chairman, President, and CEO Mark T. Bertolini
Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • Lots of positions offer work at home opportunities (in 118 reviews)

• Generally good work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is always a challenge (in 26 reviews)

• This can be seen in everything from the dismal health insurance to they think strategically about long term investments (in 32 reviews)

1. Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Telework option is great. Also has good pay and benefits. Upper level management is engaged and are open to new ideas and keeps mid level managers updated

Cons

I cannot think of any

Good benefits, but work with lots of contractors remotely.

Former Employee - Applications Developer II in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Applications Developer II in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good Benefits (nice bonus, and 401k matching) - Ability to work remotely - Encourages moving around in the company.

Cons

- They use a lot of contractors in IT, and working with them can be difficult. - Didn't feel a very sense of team with everyone working so remotely. - So much enterprise software you're constrained by. - Very paranoid, expect to not be able to use a lot of useful sites if you come into work.

I loved my job until...

Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aetna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a Coventry employee and became a part of Aetna through the acquisition. Here are some of the positives I found: - Pay was good - Benefits were not bad - Good work/life balance

Cons

I will just say that before Aetna acquired Coventry, I absolutely loved my job and would not have even thought of leaving. That said, Aetna came in and just start dismantling Coventry management and communication was poor. As a Manager, I had no idea what was happening with the integration or how my team would be integrated into Aetna. I was extremely discouraged by how Aetna handled the integration. You can't expect me to share your vision as a Manager when I don't know what your vision is.

Advice to Management

I don't think you care what I think. I gave nearly a month's notice and no one from Aetna took the time to even complete an exit interview with me. Get organized and treat Coventry's employees better, they deserve it. Also, you should re-read the "Aetna wheel" as your actions don't match your own values.

RSS Feed </> Embed