Aetna Reviews in Saint Louis, MO

Updated April 11, 2014

3.1

Aetna Chairman, President, and CEO Mark T. Bertolini
Mark T. Bertolini

Pros
  • Fast paced environment; flexibility for work at home; opportunity for advancement (in 102 reviews)

• so far more paid time off as well as more emphasis on work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • I do find that I have a very good work/life balance, at least I did before I had to change positions (in 21 reviews)

• Employee health insurance benefits are very expensive and coverage limited (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I loved my job until...

Former Employee - Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aetna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was a Coventry employee and became a part of Aetna through the acquisition. Here are some of the positives I found:
    - Pay was good
    - Benefits were not bad
    - Good work/life balance

Cons

I will just say that before Aetna acquired Coventry, I absolutely loved my job and would not have even thought of leaving. That said, Aetna came in and just start dismantling Coventry management and communication was poor. As a Manager, I had no idea what was happening with the integration or how my team would be integrated into Aetna. I was extremely discouraged by how Aetna handled the integration. You can't expect me to share your vision as a Manager when I don't know what your vision is.

I don't think you care what I think. I gave nearly a month's notice and no one from Aetna took the time to even complete an exit interview with me. Get organized and treat Coventry's employees better, they deserve it. Also, you should re-read the "Aetna wheel" as your actions don't match your own values.

Worked for Aetna? Contribute to the Community!