Afc Industries

Amir Rotlevi

Fast-paced work environment

Current Employee - Office Employee in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Office Employee in College Point, NY

I have been working at Afc Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked in the office for over 6 years. I believe the company is growing. Management works hard to sustain the business, resolve any issues that arise, and work to keep the business growing, which with today's large manufacturing competition with China is not an easy task. Over the last few years I've noticed an increase of over 25% in the number of employees. While there is still room for improvement, I enjoy working here and I see the hard work that management puts in. It is very easy for anyone to criticize the work of others, and you can never satisfy everyone, but I feel that the company does a great job and treats us, the employees, well. Management works hard to keep the company growing and the employees satisfied, which is hard work and often works more than 70 hours a week to do so. My paycheck is always on time, as is everyone else's, I am treated with respect as an employee, and it is an overall positive working environment. I wish the company employees all the best, and hope for continued growth, happiness, and hard work in what we do daily.

Cons

Very tight work space, especially in the manufacturing department.

My only advice to management, in terms of improvement, is to fix/improve the actual work space to ensure a more comfortable work condition.

Learned a lot

Former Employee - Production Engineer
    Former Employee - Production Engineer

I worked at Afc Industries full-time

Pros

learned a lot about production. Good training helped set up routines for efficient work.

Cons

It is a factory with dangerous machines. Have to always be alert

keep the focus

Don't bother to come for interview

I worked at Afc Industries full-time

Pros

Wondering how they stay in business with this kind of management.

Cons

I went there for an interview because it was around my area. First, don't let the fancy website fool you. This place is a dump. It's like a junk yard, equipment and products were randomly placed near the entrance, stuff or garbage were everywhere in the "yard". The office was like a small house that converted into a "office". The "Boss" that interview me was rude and didn't bother to spent time learn more about the person he was interviewing. Save your time and look else where, Don't bother to go. You will be disappointed for sure. No wonder they always hiring.

AFC Industries Review - Don't even bother applying

I worked at Afc Industries

Pros

-Great Employees who deserve better
    -Free Turkey on Thanksgiving although it's gigantic and not yet cooked.

Cons

- Low pay, no/lack of benefits
    - Holidays : You are required to work on Labor Day, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve
    - Office is a dump. Bathroom always stinks. Freezing during the winter. Rats crawling around you.
    - Surveillance : Cameras are on you all the time

Support your employees. Treat them better.

Worst work place to work in

I worked at Afc Industries full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very bad work conditions , unsafe work environment , people getting injured , no any care
    For any workers that working very hard , there is a lot of bad products getting out to the costumers and there is a lot of return product from costumers , no QC at all no standards , a lot of job interviews almost every day , because a lot of workers quits from there , the place look like a rat hole , very very bad and dirty place with health problems of workers .

Cons

I can only advice to all of the people that see my review , do not even go to the job interview ,first just google earth the look of this place , and if you got there you will see how this place is look like , and if you care about your health you better stay away from this place

Need to stop this stupid pointless meetings 3 times a day , it's a wast of time for all ,
    And start to care about the few people that are still there

Stay AWAY for the sake of your mental and physical health!

I have been working at Afc Industries full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers are really great.
    You may even get an entire hour for lunch most days.

Cons

- As great as co-workers are, no one is given the opportunity or freedom to be even greater.
    - Micro-management of employees. Cameras and microphones everywhere.
    - Senior management does not treat employees well at all. Nothing is ever enough, no matter how much you produce. Many employees get overloaded with work, while others come and go as they please.

THIS PLACE IS TOXIC, UNHEALTHY, UNSAFE UNSANITARY!

The office looks (and smells) like it has not been cleaned in over 5 years. It definitely has not been cleaned at all in several months. GAS STATION bathrooms are cleaner than the employee bathrooms. If you DO decide to apply for a job here, make sure you ask to use the restroom before your interview. There is dirt, dust and what looks suspiciously like black mold throughout the facility. People get sick here, lots of complaints of nose and throat issues.

The way to motivate employees is not to constantly beat them down without any praise for a job well done, and micro-manage every second of their shift. The only reward for someone who produces is to get more and more work dumped on them until they are so overloaded there is no way they can keep up.

Stay away and do not even think about it

Current Employee - Production Engineer in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Production Engineer in College Point, NY

I have been working at Afc Industries full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees are nice but other than that their are no pros.

Cons

Productions looks like a third world country. Management cannot even run their own business properly. Work hard for very little pay. Management does not even respect their own employees. No opportunity for growth and you have no future with this company.

Fire your vice president and you will see how the company will perform after. Respect your employees because they are the ones who keeps your business running.

Gem in the rough

Current Employee - Operations Specialist
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Afc Industries as a contractor

Pros

Fast-paced work environment where results are rewarded and management is open to change that demonstrates results. Technically talented team that works on a diverse array of projects that offer great work experience.

Cons

Fast-paced work environment is not for everyone but hard work and responsibility are rewarded.

Adhering to current trajectory with patience and steadfastness will accelerate growth.

Decent company to work for - When most people were getting laid off, we remain employed

Current Employee - Office Worker in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Office Worker in College Point, NY

I have been working at Afc Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office staff are wonderful, great people to work with. Diligent and hard-working employees get recognized and rewarded.

Cons

I would recommend refacing the office to make it a brighter place to come to daily.

Always treat your employees as you do your customers. Your employees are one of your greatest investments.

Company with the future

Current Employee - Metal Fabricator in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Metal Fabricator in College Point, NY

I have been working at Afc Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people are nice, it is a room for growth if you’re working hard.Company Using the new technology and new equipment. . I’m working as a metal fabricator more then 10 years and really like to work here. About 25% of all people here working more then 10 years, even some of them from the beginning- almost 20 years. The company is growing and has a future.

Cons

Very little space for work. The building needs improvements.

Management has to create more team work and improve recognition of good employees.