Afc Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amir Rotlevi

Gem in the rough

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsFast-paced work environment where results are rewarded and management is open to change that demonstrates results. Technically talented team that works on a diverse array of projects that offer great work experience.

ConsFast-paced work environment is not for everyone but hard work and responsibility are rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdhering to current trajectory with patience and steadfastness will accelerate growth.

Worst work place to work in

(Former Employee)

ProsVery bad work conditions , unsafe work environment , people getting injured , no any care
    For any workers that working very hard , there is a lot of bad products getting out to the costumers and there is a lot of return product from costumers , no QC at all no standards , a lot of job interviews almost every day , because a lot of workers quits from there , the place look like a rat hole , very very bad and dirty place with health problems of workers .

ConsI can only advice to all of the people that see my review , do not even go to the job interview ,first just google earth the look of this place , and if you got there you will see how this place is look like , and if you care about your health you better stay away from this place

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to stop this stupid pointless meetings 3 times a day , it's a wast of time for all ,
    And start to care about the few people that are still there

Stay AWAY for the sake of your mental and physical health!

ProsCo-workers are really great.
    You may even get an entire hour for lunch most days.

Cons- As great as co-workers are, no one is given the opportunity or freedom to be even greater.
    - Micro-management of employees. Cameras and microphones everywhere.
    - Senior management does not treat employees well at all. Nothing is ever enough, no matter how much you produce. Many employees get overloaded with work, while others come and go as they please.

THIS PLACE IS TOXIC, UNHEALTHY, UNSAFE UNSANITARY!

The office looks (and smells) like it has not been cleaned in over 5 years. It definitely has not been cleaned at all in several months. GAS STATION bathrooms are cleaner than the employee bathrooms. If you DO decide to apply for a job here, make sure you ask to use the restroom before your interview. There is dirt, dust and what looks suspiciously like black mold throughout the facility. People get sick here, lots of complaints of nose and throat issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way to motivate employees is not to constantly beat them down without any praise for a job well done, and micro-manage every second of their shift. The only reward for someone who produces is to get more and more work dumped on them until they are so overloaded there is no way they can keep up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay away and do not even think about it

Production Engineer (Current Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsThe employees are nice but other than that their are no pros.

ConsProductions looks like a third world country. Management cannot even run their own business properly. Work hard for very little pay. Management does not even respect their own employees. No opportunity for growth and you have no future with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire your vice president and you will see how the company will perform after. Respect your employees because they are the ones who keeps your business running.

Decent company to work for - When most people were getting laid off, we remain employed

Office Worker (Current Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsThe office staff are wonderful, great people to work with. Diligent and hard-working employees get recognized and rewarded.

ConsI would recommend refacing the office to make it a brighter place to come to daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways treat your employees as you do your customers. Your employees are one of your greatest investments.

Company with the future

Metal Fabricator (Current Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsThe people are nice, it is a room for growth if you’re working hard.Company Using the new technology and new equipment. . I’m working as a metal fabricator more then 10 years and really like to work here. About 25% of all people here working more then 10 years, even some of them from the beginning- almost 20 years. The company is growing and has a future.

ConsVery little space for work. The building needs improvements.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has to create more team work and improve recognition of good employees.

Only Sweat Shop where employees dissapear going to a better place but not due to death... BUT FREEDOM!

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros... You wont get fired after six months coz it costs alot of money

Cons.. I will come back to update this when I have more time to write down the pages

Advice to Senior ManagementFIND A KNIFE AND SIT ON IT!

AFC Industries, inc - Subpare products and the place is run like a mental ward

P&C (Current Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsNo Pro's folks - no at all.

ConsJust go see the place in person. A pigs stall is more organized and cleaner then AFC. Just use Google satellite photos if you can't pass by to see the place. The owner has 20 some odd monitors watching people, they listen to your calls and monitor emails...it's disgusting how they operate and treat their employees. Antiquated products and poor customer service....and their production facility is worst then that of a 3rd world Country

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself

Get Ready degrade your self

Fabrications CNC (Current Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsYou learn the ropes when it comes to manufacturing knock off from other peoples designs.

ConsPrepare to see every "Employment Rights of Worker" be violated before your eyes. They seem to follow a code, this code means that is not how honest and hardworking you are. It is how much you suck up to your supervisors and screw your other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHarassment consists of actions which have the
    purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering
    with your work performance by creating an
    intimidating, hostile, or offensive working
    environment. Harassment of domestic workers
    is in violation of the Human Rights Law when it's Directed at you because of your gender,
    race, religion or national origin; or Consists of offensive or humiliating
    comments or jokes about people of your
    gender, race, religion or national origin.

Horrible, intolerable workplace. Stay away.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    College Point, NY

ProsThere is not one pro.

ConsToo many to list. The owners of this company are impossible.. They create an unproductive atmosphere and are a danger to the mental health to their employees due to the appalling treatment. As a former employee I highly recommend looking elsewhere. There are no positive benefits to working there. During tough economic times it was the only option for myself, however, looking back anything would have been better. I hoped for improvement, for the owners to have a change of heart, but over time things only got worse and the owners and upper management got more greedy. Stay away for your own good.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsource. That's how you treat your employees anyway.

Worked for Afc Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Afc Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Afc Industries CEO Amir Rotlevi. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Afc Industries employees.