Afdent Reviews

Great Employer

Current Employee - Marketing in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Afdent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team mentality- everyone helps each other out, true patient-first care, fair and reliable pay, free lunch brought in for staff (even ice cream/treats), open communication and fair treatment of each other. Managers are always open to talking and hearing frustrations and working to change them or continuing practices that employees enjoy. Great benefits package as well.

Cons

Definitely work hard, can sometimes be long days but in exchange for 4 day work week it is worth it. There's a high expectation and really want you to serve the patient- and do what is right- so sometimes that means working a little slower to make sure the patient is completely taken care of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Apr 23, 2015 – Communications

Thank you for this great review! We appreciate you being a part of our Afdent Dental Family and for helping put patient-care first!

2. Disappointed. I am not sure Dr. Pecina's "vision" is carried through to "proper" patient care.

I have been working at Afdent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lunch provided, up to date equipment, digital radiographs and intra-oral cameras salary was pleasing, the days are busy!

Cons

From day one I felt like an outsider, tough crowd to get to know, I wasn't told about lunch arrangements until after was hired. "you eat when you can" they are more comfortable with firing employees, than discussing improvement needed...Maybe now I know why no one reaches out to get to know you. Lots of duplication of documentation, written consents. Estimates provided fora patient's treatment aren't completely accurate, yet patients are signing without reading it completely. Management seems uncomfortable with discussing necessary treatment if they have to discuss a lot of options as to why it is needed. "Per conversation with a patient of 10 years, "I have been coming here for quite a while and no-one has been as thorough as you, It is obvious you enjoy your profession" "Thanks for talking to me about the health of my mouth and how to improve it."

Advice to Management

Office culture Difficult, instead of standing in the halls waiting, spend that time getting to know your patients and staff better. Open up. and Smile.

Apr 23, 2015 – Communications

We appreciate the suggestions of all our staff and deeply desire to speak with any employee and work together to make Afdent an enjoyable place to work for everyone. Group leaders are there to ... More

3. Horrible to employees! Wish I could find another job or get fired from here

Current Employee - Pee On in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Pee On in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Afdent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and insurance. You learn a lot .....

Cons

You are a number and a profit work horse. You are told repeatedly " anyone can be fired at anytime for any reason" that is the truth. They fire people all the time and let a crap ton of employees go in January when they aren't needed anymore. I hope I'm next....RUN from this place.

Advice to Management

Learn some people skills

Apr 24, 2015 – Communications

Hi and thank you for your review. I have forwarded your comment on to the head of HR over at Afdent Fort Wayne and encourage you to speak with your supervisor or a member of management to try to ... More

5. Largest solely owned one building practice in the United States

Current Employee - Business Manager in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Afdent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comradery amongst the employees, highly educated staff, complete focus on the patients well being, and finance plans that almost any patient can qualify for without gouging them.

Cons

More locations are needed to spread the quality of care Afdent brings to denistry.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and open more locations!!!

Apr 23, 2015 – Communications

Thank you for the great review and for being a part of the Afdent Dental Family!

6. not good.

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

The pay. You don't get sent home when work is slow.

Cons

The reviews are never on time.

Advice to Management

Needs work on communication.

Apr 24, 2015 – Communications