Affiliate Window Reviews

3.8
Mark Walters

1. Greate first job

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time

Pros

-great company culture
    -opportunity to travel
    -team atmosphere

Cons

-not very competitive salaries in the US

2. A great place to informally develop skills in a relaxed environment.

I worked at Affiliate Window full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Varied environment, good learning opportunities, relaxed and pressure free place to work.

Cons

Lack of career opportunities within technical departments, salaries considerably under average and don't raise appropriately with experience or skills, unpaid on call and overtime sometimes required.

Salaries for technical staff are not at a level that will keep knowledge and skills within the business. To keep people they need to be not just reviewed but increased in line with what they are worth. Technical skills and knowledge leaving the business causes significant issues in supporting the technical environment over time.

3. a company that resembles a high school club

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Affiliate Window

Pros

great people - that is undeniable, as well as a good introduction to the industry and foot in the door for further opportunities.

Cons

training is practically non existent and if you are lucky to be thrown into a new position (due to the high turnover) expect very little guidance and support. Great if you are extremely pro-active however given the little training and precarious position of some accounts (bear in mind you may be the 4th person working on that account that year), most are left to sink or swim which means there is an accepted culture of working unpaid overtime and weekends in an already underpaid role. It is not uncommon to see a significant number of people working until 8-10pm weekdays and on weekends. Workload is not balanced well between teams and there are very questionable ethics amongst some who work there. I would not recommend this company based on the fact that internally career progression lacks structure and management does not support their employees needs. Working at Affiliate Window resembles life at university, with support from cliques which you may or may not pertain to except assignments incur profit loss or gains, and you weren't ever given a coursebook..

Please take management courses and set in place a standard training set for new starters in each position that they should follow through the course of their employment before proceeding to a promotion.

5. The most demanding and rewarding environment I have ever experienced

Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Finance in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ideal for career development, for both intern and management level entrants; the social benefits are second to none; the company actually cares about its staff and makes it easy to work here; the company is big enough to afford sharing the benefits of continued growth but small enough to look after its staff

Cons

When I was told I would be working hard regularly, I thought I knwew what that meant; I didn't and that leaves little room for thinking time; however, it does teach you to be task-focussed; although it also teaches you not to volunteer to help those who are floundering

Enable working at home and with flexible hours in the same way that appears to be technical department focussed at present

6. A great company. You will struggle to find a better work environment

I worked at Affiliate Window

Pros

Fantastic people throughout the company
    Great culture
    Challenging work

Cons

Young company not for everyone
    The work can become repetitive

Keep up the culture and do all you can to retain the senior people.

7. Great company to work for to develop and gain valuable experience

Current Intern - Intern in London, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Intern in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affiliate Window as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Company Culture: Affiliate window is a really fun and friendly place to work. All the employees are nice and take the time to. This is a fast paced environment, so working here is never boring. Work also finishes at four on Fridays!
    - Benefits: There are a range of benefits and perks, such as travel insurance and subsidized gym memberships. The free snacks and fruit baskets were also very popular!
    - Training: The company provide many different types of training opportunities for their employees; including first aid and excel training. The company really try to focus on the development of their employees' skills and competencies.

Cons

- Employees are expected to work hard; which can mean longer hours.
    - Salaries could be higher.
    - High turnover.

8. Great place to work, good for culture and career development.

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company culture is the best I have experienced, which really made it a great place to work. Because of its success it has grown from a small to large team, making it hard to keep that start up culture which we all loved, however the managers did a lot to maintain that atmosphere and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed my time working at Affiliate Window and felt everything I learnt there has put my career on a great track as I managed to progress my career. During my time there I saw a number of people leave and then return after realising the grass was not always greener.

Cons

The work rate can be demanding, some people struggled to meet their clients expectations. While there was training provided, for some people it was sink or swim.

Keep doing what you can to maintain the Affiliate Window culture, as the company gets bigger continuing to give out the perks and parties will be important. Keeping standards up as you grow is going to be important, continue to hire strong people and train them properly.

9. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, the right people tend to be promoted (based on merit), the social area is pretty awesome and the management team are very savvy.

Some of the perks are great: fruit baskets, sweet machines, private healthcare - they really do look after their employees.

Cons

On ocassion there are long hours but the perks often outway these
    The hiring process (when you're a manager) takes too long
    A sense of entitlement amongst some of the younger staff that think they should be promoted based on time served.

10. Great place for new people in the industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Fun work vibe
    - very social atmosphere
    - lots of benefits, bonuses, staff parties etc.
    - rarely work out of normal hours/overtime
    - fairly good heirachy system to move up the ranks quickly.

Cons

- high turnover
    - moderate salary
    - split over two floors, segregates teams.

Consider higher salaries, and really look into the hiring process to reduce high employee churn

11. Great company culture - excellent stepping stone for career progression

I have been working at Affiliate Window full-time

Pros

great work-life balance, work hard/play hard culture, young and vibrant staff, challenging and rewarding work environment

Cons

young work force which often means a high level of churn and sometimes people don't get to know everyone as well as they'd like to

Affiliate Window Photos