Affiliated Computer Services

2.3
1,012 Reviews

Affiliated Computer Services President, CEO, and Director Lynn R. Blodgett
Lynn R. Blodgett

Pros
  • Most of the staff can work from home, because it saves ACS rent on office space (in 69 reviews)

• Telecommuting is widely accepted and helps contribute to an acceptable work/life balance (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • With the load of work to be done, there is no work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• No raises, no opportunities for advancement, some times unprofessional management (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good experience, horrible culture.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Was a decent place to learn the ropes

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. Minimal room for growth, low pay.

CEO takes all the money

Current Employee - Systems Development Principal in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Development Principal in Austin, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in this company for 6.5 years, and I don't have anything good to say about it. It's that sad!

Cons

You can find everything that can go wrong with a company in ACS Inc.

Give something to the employees as well. How can employees have to take furlough every year, and the CEO is making $14 million bonus?

Constant reorg with bad senior management

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people on the team are friendly and mostly good to work with. The start and end of a work day is flexible (even though the number of work hours can still be long). Working from home is possible.

Cons

Lots of shifts in focus which is also reflected in frequent useless reorganizations which disrupts working teams. Senior management does not have any vision nor show that they value their employees. There is very little rightful accountability. Priority is only based on the bottom line with disregard for technology, quality, and talent growth/retention.

Furlough

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tele commute options are good and colleagues are good.

Cons

Furloughs, constant organization flux, high workload

Ask for input from employees before next reorg.

Office politic brought down business and the culture

Former Employee - Senior Systems Development Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Development Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the managers from previous company before ACS bought are good, but they can not help their employees much since upper management level are worse!!! The only pros now is you can work from home.

Cons

The company culture used to be very good, and employees were happy; however, after ACS was bought by Xerox and some other new senior managers were hired, the working environment was no longer a good place for employee to work. This happened because office politics. We had pay cut and no raise for 4 years. Only some employees who had a tied connections with stronger/higher management levels would be promoted to get raises even if many employees who had an excellent performance would be ignored. Even for the employees with higher seniority and working for long time, their salaries are lower than a new hired employee!!!

Currently, ACS, a Xerox Company, just want to be a middle guy that gets contract from US government and outsource back to other company. Xerox is out sourcing "employee resources" to an India company from which they can sponsor (H1B visa) and bring lots of new employees from India and China with lower salaries come to US office to work, gain knowledge from us and lay off current employees in ACS offices. Upper management levels and "stock holder" do not care for employees any more. So many talent employees were leaving the office.

No fun to work in this environment any more!

Management level should know that they're better treat employees with fairness and taking care of employees. Do not base on the current economics down time of US and "stock holders" requests to push employees' work and life down to the drain. Employees with knowledge and great attitudes and work ethnics have been leaving ACS, a Xerox company.

Unstable, Dismal.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home is allowed and encouraged for some areas. My paycheck never bounced. The benefit package is decent.

Cons

Unprofessional staff/management. Staff was required to take time off several times without pay due to financial crises. No opportunity for advancement. 'Ole Boy/Girl' mentality.

Work on motivating all employees and provide new leaders training to ensure professionalism and effectiveness.

Work

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

ACS is one of the top US outsourcing companies

Cons

Long hours with no pay incentives.

Salary incentives for long time employees

No raises, no room for growth, and no promotions

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

You are able to work from home. And they just started that 2 months ago.

Cons

No raise, no advancement.... Been here for 5 years and I've never received a pay raise. Not even a cost of living!

Pay attention to us employees who have dedicated outselves to this company. Maybe we will stop leaving and going to the competition.

Not a place for carrer growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Place to work with flexi timings, but lot of work at office place to satisfy the client.

Cons

No good infrastructure neither no good architects whom can take important decisions.
    Lot of political issues staying with old technologies and ego minded attitude
    Lay offs at any time

Working at ACS was not the best experience I've had, however I did learn a lot from it.

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

You get opportunities to work from home, and that's great if you don't mind being micromanaged.

Cons

You are micromanaged, very high turnover, there is mandatory overtime, and no recognition for those hard working folks who do work overtime.

I would advise for ACS to change the way you pay your employees.

Affiliated Computer Services Photos