Affiliated Computer Services

Affiliated Computer Services Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Affiliated Computer Services President, CEO, and Director Lynn R. Blodgett

Lynn R. Blodgett

Pros
  • My previous manager made my life a lot easier letting me work from home,(in 64 reviews)

• Telecommuting is widely accepted and helps contribute to an acceptable work/life balance(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, no structured work approach, leadership crisis(in 18 reviews)

• No raises, no opportunities for advancement, some times unprofessional management(in 37 reviews)

Just Okay

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt is a great work environment

Consmandatory overtime, schedules, the customers and training

Americans Need Not Apply

Manager (Current Employee)

Pros-Working from home is a wonderful option. It aids with work/life balance.
    -Many good people to work with at local level.
    -I know if I can make the client happy, my job's probably a little more secure.
    -The work atmosphere today is better than it was 2-3 years ago.
    -Paved parking lot.

Cons-Constant worry about furlough, paycuts or layoffs.
    -Upper management more concerned about sending as many jobs as possible away from USA and into cheapest countries.
    -Outsourcing our IT/Development to Cognizant has been disastrous.
    -Constant audits and rigid structure make it impossible to get anything done quickly for the client. You want to change a report? It'll take two months and require approval from about 12 different "teams."
    -No room, incentive or encouragement for innovation. Everything is so rigid, where's the innovation?
    -When Xerox bought ACS, all the midlevel employees took paycuts. Then ACS CEO collected a fat bonus for making the merge possible. Think about that. Cutting everyone's pay so the CEO can get a bigger bonus.
    -Many good employees have quit over the years due to low pay and dumb upper management decisions.
    -Security team acts like we're hiding CIA secrets. Settle down.
    -Benefits get worse every year and yet more expensive every year.
    -HR issue? Good luck finding a live person to talk to.

Advice to Senior ManagementLynn Blodgett's retirement is a good start. If Ursula, Tom and Mark stepped down, there'd be real hope for the future.

Great Start

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat training. Compensation is commensurate with performance. Diverse people to work with. As long as you can pick at menu items you can do this job. Good culture.

ConsJob can be stressful. Billing questions rarely end with a happy customer it seems. Management is has incentive to possibly work you harder than you want. If you don't like sales you may want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd make workshops that give a temporary bonus to base pay. Focusing on Customer handling.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Respectful environment

ProsExcellent remote work environment, welcomes creativity and innovation, challenging work, rewards for contributions

ConsHigh turnover in exec ranks - changing approaches to cost cutting, changing product strategies

Great experience overall - but boureGed around towards the end

Senior Account Administrator (Former Employee) Quincy, MA

ProsGreat culture and friendly people

ConsWas bounced around from department to department due to work flow slowdown towards the end of my time with this company to the point that I was placed in an area that was completely unsuitable to my skill-set. There was very little training in this area and when I failed at it, all of my previous hard work for the company was ignored and I became the low end of the totem pole.

If you desperately need a job!

Apple CPU Tier I Agent (Former Employee) Tigard, OR

ProsWill hire virtually anyone (that is if they pass the drug screening and criminal background check). Co-workers were generally nice.

ConsInadequate training. Toxic work environment. Mandatory overtime. All of these lead to poor morale.

So much potential, so little forward thinking

ProsThe people are fantastic. The potential is amazing, there are some benefits that are great.

ConsLeadership is completely out of touch, employees are not rewarded appropriately, merit increases are uncommon. The decisions on how to move forward are made in a vacuum with little to no input from the business leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people and your clients and you will be amazed at how they become your biggest sales force.

Treatment of employees' by supervisors.....need additional training!

Data Entry (Former Employee)

ProsA very casual laid-back atmosphere

ConsQuota's are not the way to get the best out of your employee. If you have issues, they don't try to work with the employee to try to find where the best department would be......they will just show you the door (no matter how many years you worked for them).

Very challenging.

Benefits Care Representative (Former Employee) Cherry Hill, NJ

ProsExtensive content training. Excellent Trainers.

ConsUnprofessional mean spirited and biased management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways Respect all. Honesty concerning hiring opportunities, fair evaluations and fair hiring practices of Temp or contract employees.

Veteran ACS managers/employee with no idea how to manage will destroy the company along with the good employees.

BPO - Insurance (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCan't think of a one.

ConsLack of management with ability, salary stagnation with no increases or bonuses (unless you are an ACS long-time employee), negative atmosphere with hostility and preferential treatment of certain employees who do get the benefits & paid expenses. Mandatory forfeit of one week of pay per year while certain ACS management get free company paid family Hawaii vacations.Never any positive feedback or guidance as no one actually knows how to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementXerox - wake up. ACS will be your demise if you continue to lose good people due to poor management that you absorbed in the buyout. Get rid of the ones who are the real problem.

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!