Affiliated Computer Services

Updated September 16, 2014
2.2

Affiliated Computer Services President, CEO, and Director Lynn R. Blodgett
Lynn R. Blodgett

Pros
  • My previous manager made my life a lot easier letting me work from home, (in 64 reviews)

• Telecommuting is widely accepted and helps contribute to an acceptable work/life balance (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, no structured work approach, leadership crisis (in 18 reviews)

• No raises, no opportunities for advancement, some times unprofessional management (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people, underpaid

Current Employee - Proposal Writer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Proposal Writer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, caring team. Decent benefits.

Cons

No raises in five years. Benefits don't seem to be on par with competitors.

Good place to work

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work and great flexibility .
    No one watching over your shoulders how you do things , importance to getting things done

Cons

Work life balance could be challenging at times

perks and timely appraisals are important for employees

Ok place to work, generally low compensation.

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Offer many work from home contracts, various types of work but mostly dealing with healthcare services. Most departments allow for fairly flexible work schedules but it's totally dependent on the department supervisor.

Cons

Benefits and compensation are lower than average, especially compared to working directly for the companies they pick up contracts from. Anyone not in a management or corporate sales position is viewed as entirely expendable.

Improve employee benefits and relations. Management generally views the employee base as replaceable parts. I understand that ACS will likely never be able to provide benefits/wages on par with the companies they contract with, but there are other ways of showing employee appreciation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Good learning, Lot of process , Good people

Cons

No proper management, Poor salary

Salary and infrastructure needs to be improved.

As long as you show up and are willing to be constantly degraded by management and the customers, it's fine.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours as long as you are a high performer.

Cons

The goals are mostly unrealistic, unless you are in good with management you get treated kind of badly. You can get constantly berated by customers and store associates you talk to, you can't say anything back and must be completely polite to them the entire time. If you say anything or disconnect the call after warning, you get written up. I have heard one individual get called various racist names (she was Russian), and she tried getting management to deal with it. They gave the customer credits to her account although she hadn't made a single payment in 6 months.

Deal with situations properly, treat employees better. Give raises to people who deserve it. People at 10 years experience shouldn't cap out at a flat $10.00.

My overall experience was a good one.

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There benefits were very good for a large family

Cons

None that I can remember. I only worked for them 3 years

To have more knowledge of what's going on in remote areas.

Salary

Current Employee - Project Leader  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees were genuine and my immediate manager was great. We counted on one another for support and the work produced was above quality standards. The ability to work from home was a good perk.

Cons

The main challenge was working for an organization that did not recognize their employees. The salary did not commensurate with experience nor were there any bonuses. Employee retention was almost impossible as people found employment elsewhere. You have to pay employees what they are worth.

Recruit managers that have experience with managing people. Employee retention is cheaper for all involved.

Could have had better mgmt.

Pros

Face paced work and nice people. The people doing the work care and like what they do and many are very good.

Cons

Mgmt didn't treat employees well. Lots of RIF's and laying off with little or no notice.

Treat employees better and look to the future, not just the current qtr.

Don't go there unless you have to.

Former Employee - IT Consultant
    Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time

Pros

Bonus plan is okay if you are a consultant.

Cons

When you leave, you do not get paid for any of your vacation hours you have saved because they wouldn't let you take time off. Disorganized, no vision, no forward thinking, no standards, just do it - no matter what - no record keeping, "I don't care if it's not how it should be done, we are going to do it anyway and fix it some other day." No women in management or above. When we 'turned into Xerox' just took the same disorganized organization into Xerox. Still, no positive change and a lot of finger pointing. Too many lines of business doing things they know nothing about. The most important thing to ACS or Xerox is the number of years you worked for ACS. If you worked for ACS for a long time, then everything you did was Golden, you could disrespect anyone - especially anyone hired recently and only 2-3 years with the company. The true pets of the company are the guys that started ACS. There was only one in that group that really cared about doing the right thing. But just one can't do it.

Upper management needs to flatten the organization change out the players - as you would in Football or Baseball. Get some fresh eyes and fresh perspective. Cut out some of the LOBs -- it's going to take too long to ramp them up with knowledge and branding

Directionless, unstable, depressing atmosphere where people are always trying to ruin each other.

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist  in  Utica, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Utica, NY

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility with work schedule. Tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

There has been a hold on raises for at least the last 5 years.
    Management is out of touch with problems employees face and the work that is actually being done.
    Expectations are such that one employee is to complete the work that was once completed by three people.

Reward your long time, hardworking employees.

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!