Affiliated Computer Services

Updated October 20, 2014
2.2

Affiliated Computer Services President, CEO, and Director Lynn R. Blodgett
Lynn R. Blodgett

Pros
  • My previous manager made my life a lot easier letting me work from home, (in 69 reviews)

• Telecommuting is widely accepted and helps contribute to an acceptable work/life balance (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be challenging at times (in 19 reviews)

• No raises, no opportunities for advancement, some times unprofessional management (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer service

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services

Pros

Great pay. Great and co-workers

Cons

Long hours during the day.

Communication is key

Good company

Current Employee - Accounting Manager II in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager II in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for travel abroad, high base salary, no Saturday work

Cons

No 401k, shift may be mid or night

Improve benefits

Layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Cherry Hill office is located near the Patco train station. Great for commuting.

Cons

The company had too many layoffs.
      About 6 per year.

Better management of the business is needed instead of constantly reducing staff.

One of the best outsource IT provider to work with

Former Employee - Information Security Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Information Security Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits , Flexibility in working hours

Cons

Only background IT outsourcing work. Backend work only

Be a global company and share the actual IT work and not just backend IT sourcing work

Not the best employer

Former Employee - Helpdesk
    Former Employee - Helpdesk

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are a contract outsourcing agency and they grandfathered by seniority when they purchased the contract. They also paid for some of my expenses to be transferred out of state.

Cons

Poor planning when contract was first purchased. Poor handling of the primary client which eventually led to the loss of the Helpdesk portion of the contract. Very restrictive stock sharing policy. No severance package at all, just a temporary supplement to unemployment.

Work hard, provide excellent customer service, excel in your position... get NOTHING in return

Former Employee - Senior Functional Analyst in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Functional Analyst in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is only one reason to work here... most people work remotely

Cons

- Long hours
    - Lousy pay
    - Lousy benefits
    - ZERO growth opportunities (you may get more work/exposure to the client/challenges but they come with the same title and pay you've always had
    - You might as well be a temporary employee as they do layoffs every 4 - 6 months
    - Eventual goal is for operations to be done from India for any of the service positions

Consider paying enough for people to actually live on and have some respect for those that kill themselves for you day in and day out.

ACS, now known as Xerox will be awesome or sad depending on the project it is associated with.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training program seemed fairly thorough. I did not feel completely thrown to the wolves like other call centers have done.
    The money incentives seem to pretty good (see cons for the catch).

Cons

Each branch has it's own project. One branch could be helping answer health insurance questions while the other could be representing a major cellular service provider. If the project stinks, your job stinks and unfortunately you are the only decision maker in that respect. For example, insurance questions would be awesome for me because I like facts and can hold a discussion well. For you, it might be very boring since all the questions would be roughly the same. For me, working as customer service for a cellular provider was torture. Customers wanted free phones or billing credits and held me hostage through bad surveys if I didn't do it. You might actually be able to diffuse situations like that and avoid bad surveys.

The compensation at my branch was pretty awesome as long as you had no life whatsoever. They paid 10 an hour plus an additional 10 dollars for each 2 hours of Overtime you worked (on top of the time and a half you get for the OT). Let's say you worked 60 hours, that would be 800 dollars that week. Not too bad for coming in 2 hours early and staying 2 hours later each shift. You get burned out really quick though,

Speaking of getting burned out, you are just a body to the company. They have a goal of so many people taking so many calls. Limited chance of promotion since it's a catch 22. If you are no good at taking calls, of course they will not promote you. If you are good at taking calls, why would they promote you? They need you taking calls.

No long term vision

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people were good to work with. Management was good and understood employees frustrations.

Cons

Management was powerless and could not provide raises to employees. Lots of turnover and low morale. Not many perks.

Employees are undervalued

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has talented, hard working employees who are committed to serving their clients to the best of their abilities.

Cons

Not enough focus on recognizing employees. A high percentage of employees are not paid for their performance, and the company has lost a lot of talent over the last two years due management's insensitivity to people care.

Take care of the employees. There are far too many employees that have not had merit increases in over 3 years.

Customer service rep assigned at Brother.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bartlett, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bartlett, TN

I worked at Affiliated Computer Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a permanent full time employee. Working on weekends was not required.

Cons

The quality scoring was far too strict, scripted support required for calls, poor benefits package. No opportunities for career advancement. Inflexible scheduling, no vacation benefits.

Affiliated Computer Services Photos