Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)

www.acscm.com

James R. Corkery, P.E.

Great Internship!

Current Employee - Intern  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Intern in Madison, WI

I have been working at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It was a great experience. I got a lot of responsibilities and fun projects to work on. Did mostly 3D modeling in Pro/E. I liked everyone who I worked with. ACS has a lot of work parties and outings. You can really tell they care about their employees.

Cons

No complaints. Its a great company and if they had an opening I would've taken a full time position.

keep up the good work

Specialist

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)

Pros

Will hire anyone, co-workers are excellent,

Cons

no pay increase for over 5 years
    management clueless

A complete catastrophe of a work force that includes favoritism, unprofessional management and HR, and disorganization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) full-time for more than a year

Pros

In all honesty, there are and still are none from current information of former and current workers.

Cons

You don't get treated differently from workers that don't do their part. Promotions are based on favoritism, not based on qualifications or work ethics. Doesn't matter how great of a worker you are and what your stats are, your job is not secure.

Stop hiring failing management from other companies and contracts if they have already shown that they do not qualify to run a floor of team members.

Jul 22, 2014HR

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with ACS. I'm interested in learning more about your situation and what had happened. Please give HR a call to discuss this further.

Regards

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was ok

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)

Pros

Ok management had ok pay

Cons

Always changing policies and pay

Jun 24, 2014HR

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the policies and pay. I'd like to invite you to call our HR department and further discuss what we can do in
    ... More

Great company to work for

Former Employee - I&C Intern  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - I&C Intern in Madison, WI

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked with many talented engineers within my field. My internship experience was the best internship that I had ever had.

Cons

Nothing to write home about.

Management was great.

Good company to work for. Feels like one big family.

I have been working at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) full-time

Pros

Lots of autonomy and freedom.

Cons

No real cons. Good place to work for.

Good environment for an entrepreneurial minded engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)

Pros

Even as an entry level engineer you will be given significant responsibilities. Typically you will manage a portion of a project. With smaller customers you'll manage the whole thing. They are big on satisfying their clients and will often overlook little mistakes along the way if the end result is good.

Cons

It's not a very structured environment so if you are looking for a lot of guidance or established procedures this might not be the best place to launch a career. If you are confident in your abilities to figure things out on your own you'll be fine. Like I said in the title, it's an entrepreneurial environment.

They have a tenancy to underbid projects and promise completion dates that are unrealistic. That can make the job extra stressful. I think that is fairly standard practice in the industry though.

Excellent engineering company to work for.

Former Employee - Data Systems Integration Manager  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Data Systems Integration Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Very entrepreneurial.

There is very little hierarchy in the company and very little bureaucracy. Senior management gives you the latitude to complete your work the way you think it should be done and welcomes new business opportunities and ideas. The employees are all very competent professionals in their respective fields and the exchange of knowledge is not only encouraged, it's critical for the growth of the business. Education and training are taken seriously to keep the team sharp and up to date with the latest trends and technologies.

ACS has become a very well respected and highly recommended company in the engineering, design/build arena and continues to grow its clientele both domestically and internationally. If you're an engineer or project manager looking for a solid place to work and grow, ACS is an excellent choice.

Cons

The only downside that would apply to some is that there can be a lot of travel involved.

Continue to do what you're doing. You're on track to grow a solid and profitable company.

Great company, although there wasn't much room to grow.

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible home-office and remote work policy, good time schedule, interesting work. Some travel within the US which was nice from my point of view.

Cons

The typical "do more with less" policy. From my perspective as a network engineer: I didn't like having to devote my time to tasks that should have been taken care of by the help desk. As a consequence, I was spending a long time dealing with issues that got easily escalated to our tier.

Our management starting taking more and more lower-level tech support work and throwing it at our team, which impacted our performance in the long run. I hindsight, I suppose our management could have had better leadership and fought to kept our working focused on the "bigger" projects.

Poor Management

I worked at Affiliated Construction Services (ACS) full-time

Pros

Good WFH flexibility apart from this nothing

Cons

No Salary hikes, only happens for every 3-5 years. Poor Management, They don't worry to provide quality service to client as long as client ask them to improve.

Jun 24, 2014HR

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems while being an employee of ACS. I'd like to ask you to call our HR department so we can get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it for future
    ... More

Worked for Affiliated Construction Services (ACS)? Contribute to the Community!