Affinion Group

www.affiniongroup.com

Affinion Group Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Todd Siegel

Pros
  • employees are treated relatively fairly and the company fosters a nice work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• well established company, very good benefits, family oriented, good collegues(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Business model is old and definitely needs revamping and product offerings have very little value(in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is more concerned with saving their own skin then doing whats best for everyone(in 6 reviews)

Great place to work

Retention Specialist (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

Prosopportunity to advance, friendly enviroment, flexible work schedules, attractive bonuses, great health, dental, and eye insurance benefits, relaxed work enviroment, friendly people to work with.

ConsBase pay lower than industry average, , too much focus on non sales related issues, pay should match industry average, few minority in upper management roles, offer more training and learning programs, focus more on sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more minorities into upper management positions. Diversify into other busineess models for the future- focus more consumer usage of the memebership benefits.

Good company if it would get out of it's own way.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

Pros• Great potential to generate tons of revenue
    • Extremely talented mid-level staff
    • Solid pay

Cons• Top-heavy leadership that gets in the way of potential
    • Often over-communicate through unproductive, time-sucking meetings

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more initiatives around developing mid-level talent by empowering forward-thinking ideas. Take calculated risks and do not get in the way of innovation.

Flexible Timings but heavy work load

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsNice and helpful co-workers,flexible timings

ConsPay is very less, huge work load

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Management

Lead Technical Specialist (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGood people to work with, learned a lot.
    Paid well.

ConsYou are micro-managed by middle managers. Manager would come by multiple times throughout the day and ask for updates, statuses or just to make small talk. They make arbitrary, wide sweeping decisions without first getting input from the team.

Also, its apparent that the company is not doing so well, lot of layoffs recently, people have left and positions have not been back-filled.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people!

The PMO is extremeley out of touch with standard practices

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Trumbull, CT

ProsThe employees work very hard to make the organization successful. Unfortunately the management has become dependent on the teams working 60 hour weeks and has become dependent on it.

ConsThe PMO management has not worked anywhere else for an extended time and is stuck in old practices. When shown how arbitrary some processes are and how they are counterproductive the reply is "that's the way we have always done it". They talk about change but are stuck in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in someone outside of the clique to revamp your PMO and IT management

Overworked, under paid, under trained

ProsThe team I work with is great and makes work days enjoyable. The company seems to be moving in the right direction by creating new products and relationships.

ConsThere is a lack of training and professional development. Managers are aware of this and yet receiving training or any sort of development is severely lacking. My direct team has been affected by layoffs over the past few years and has never received any staff reenforcments, therefore creating a chaotic and overworked team.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management did take steps to understand the grievances of the company, but I have not seen any positive outcome to these steps. That process seemed to have been put on the back burner.

Manger

ProsGreat group of people to work with

ConsYearly layoff make it difficult to want to stay

Great culture and opportunity

Ops Manager (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsStructured policies and procedures, leadership forthcoming with status/vision of company, opportunities for professional development

ConsCompensation is below average

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Would once have recommended to family; no more

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsA lot of good, hard-working people with good camaraderie.
    6 weeks of time off for 10+years tenure
    Decent pay and benefits

ConsA lot of challenges for several divisions in getting new revenue, which has lead to more layoffs (or just people leaving and not being replaced) and uncertainty. Situation is affecting morale and atmosphere in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is not unaware of the situation and are taking steps to address it. They need to increase the pace and depth of change while restoring the culture that existed prior to the last few years.

Helped me to learn and grow as manager.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsBest part about working at Affinion is the people. I've made lifelong friendships over the years. Affinion also offers great benefits - healthcare/401k match etc.

ConsUnfortunately, Affinion has multiple restructurings (due to declining economy and other factors) that have led to layoffs where many of those people are now gone. As someone else mentioned, the Organization is extremely top heavy. Too many cooks in the kitchen makes for a frustrating environment where only a handful of people are down in the trenches doing the actual work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to RECOGNIZE those who have good work ethic, are passionate and care about where the products and company is headed. This needs to be done through compensation. Throughout my career at Affinion I've had excellent leadership of my department, I wish I could say that I see that trend continuing, but unfortunately, I don't think I do.

Worked for Affinion Group? Contribute to the Community!