Affinion Group

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
2.5

Todd Siegel

Pros
  • employees are treated relatively fairly and the company fosters a nice work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• well established company, very good benefits, family oriented, good collegues (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is more concerned with saving their own skin then doing whats best for everyone (in 7 reviews)

• Business model is old and definitely needs revamping and product offerings have very little value (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very easy place to work

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly place to work with with good people. The drop off of new employees is very steep, but those that stick are good to work with. Easy to move from department to another department. Very good benefits for the pay grade. Very flexible schedules.

Cons

Upward mobility or promotion is almost non-existent, very limited opportunities. With most previous employers, it seemed easy to move up to additional responsibilities, but not at Affinion.

Quit using business metrics to punish employees. Align goals performance indicators with corporate goals.

IT Project Manager

Former Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flextime, work from home, flexible schedule,

Cons

Career growth opportunities are limited, training is limited and travel expenses for such are used as an excuse

Provide career planing and opportunities to existing employees first before hiring, pay attention to employee feedback

Boring

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great if you live in CT and if you're in your late 20s and older

Cons

Bad management, layoffs, not much real work going on.
    If you are a recent college grad or approaching mid-twenties this is not the place for you.
    No opportunity for growth.

When I came here I was engaged and excited about my work but unfortunately the role declined. It seemed like even though I had many ideas and wanted to see certain projects come to life, it was apparently unrealistic. The ideas that I did contribute I never got credit for. I'm slowly losing passion for the industry because everything is too systematic and robotic here and not creative enough. If I were upper management I'd try to get more younger people to work for the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

For a call center... JUST GREAT!

Former Employee - Travel Consultant  in  Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Westerville, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great starting salary for bilinguals
    - Management was always there for me
    - Calls (customers) were pleasant enough
    - For the travel dept. the job was really easy.
    - They changed adherence so is based on how long you take your breaks and lunch instead of controlling what time you leave for each. Anyone who has worked in a call center will appreciate this.
    - Good bonus system.
    - Christmas parties
    - Employee appreciation activities and rewards.
    - They will reward you very well for overtime.

Cons

- Open 24/7 so you may not get most holidays
    - Chances are you won't like your schedule
    - They are very strict regarding occurrences.
    - Some times I felt like they don't pay much attention about the education and manners of some people they hire. (Fortunately most of the "bad elements" get fired or quit by the end of training.

I enjoyed my time in Affinion - Connexions Travel. I think my only advice will be to pay more attention to the information that agents receive. I had a very hard time booking hotels because even though they were available, it was impossible to book them. The description of hotels was mostly very poor, I think if someone takes that more seriously, more clients and employees will be very happy.

Not the best...but not the worst.

Former Employee - Travel Agent  in  Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Westerville, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked back before they laid off the entire travel agency department then rehired a year later. So, when you did your best on your calls, it showed in the form of incentives and bonuses. I also think the training that was received was very valuable and to this day is something I use. The attendance policy when I worked is probably the most lax I've encountered because at first it was as long as you went to work for 2 weeks straight a "point" would fall off your attendance record. That changed to a month of perfect attendance when I was there.

Cons

Challenge would be moving up within the company. There were those that have been with the company for over 10 years and still were at the supervisor level and were unable to move up. It was very difficult to move up and positions did not open up frequently. Especially if you wanted to stay within your department. The entire department for which I worked was laid off but then a year later was rehiring for the same positions. So it's a very unstable work environment. Worked at the company for 2 and a half years and it quickly went down hill.

Overall Good place to work at

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros – Great group of people to work with. Very good pay with good benefits.

Cons

Lots of politics makes getting job done very difficult at times

Not worth your time.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Westerville, OH

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers and immediate supervisors are awesome.

Cons

The incentives are horrible. Starting rate is 10.00 an hour for reps.

Pay the people more. This company signed unsuspected people up for the benefit packages and the workers are expected to lie to these customers. The pay is horrible and you think of ever reason to take the incentives from your underpaid, and unhappy workers. I was there for 7 months and I seen 7 training classes come in with at least 20 people in each class, but at the end of training there would only be 5 to 6 people left. They were not fired they actually found better paying jobs.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Retention Specialist  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

opportunity to advance, friendly enviroment, flexible work schedules, attractive bonuses, great health, dental, and eye insurance benefits, relaxed work enviroment, friendly people to work with.

Cons

Base pay lower than industry average, , too much focus on non sales related issues, pay should match industry average, few minority in upper management roles, offer more training and learning programs, focus more on sales.

Promote more minorities into upper management positions. Diversify into other busineess models for the future- focus more consumer usage of the memebership benefits.

Good company if it would get out of it's own way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Affinion Group full-time

Pros

• Great potential to generate tons of revenue
    • Extremely talented mid-level staff
    • Solid pay

Cons

• Top-heavy leadership that gets in the way of potential
    • Often over-communicate through unproductive, time-sucking meetings

Have more initiatives around developing mid-level talent by empowering forward-thinking ideas. Take calculated risks and do not get in the way of innovation.

Flexible Timings but heavy work load

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Affinion Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice and helpful co-workers,flexible timings

Cons

Pay is very less, huge work load

Worked for Affinion Group? Contribute to the Community!