Affinity Health System

Daniel E. Neufelder

1. Medical Transcriptionist

Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Transcriptionist in Appleton, WI

I worked at Affinity Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of good benefits, wellness, 401K, PTO, ect. Most of the people I worked with were very helpful and nice. They seemed to really care about their employees.

Cons

Unfortunately because of the EPIC system in place, I lost my job of 15 years. Now unemployed and cannot find a job.

2. anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Affinity Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great staff to work with and patient care is exceptional.

Cons

Changing health needs leads to times of high volume work and low volume work.

3. Manager of Clinic Operations

I worked at Affinity Health System full-time

Pros

It had great leadership and it gave the managers and physicians autonomy to make changes in the department to better the service to the patients.

Cons

The company has grown immensely and now the autonomy is no longer available. It is very much cookie cutter and there isn't the 'family feel' that the company once had. People with long term commitment are discarded without reason and without warrant.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye out to protect your middle management. They are the life source of your company and know the business from the patient's perspective and from the business perspective. Don't disregard the knowledge that they have.

5. Surgical Technologist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Affinity Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Staff to work with. The nursing staff and allied medical professionals are great with patients and work well with other departments. The pay rates with the national average. The facility is clean and employees are friendly. If I was a patient I would want my care provided for at this hospital.

Cons

To much politics internally within the organization and larger organizations. Not enough reward recognition for all staff only nurses get recognized for outstanding care. On-Call pay is below average for the life sacrifices staff are required to put on the back burner. Some times work family life is not balanced.

Advice to Management

More individual employee recognition on a larger scale. Work for greater on-call pay. A thank you can go a long way but sometimes bonuses help even more.

6. St. Elizabeth Hospital 2011

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Appleton, WI

I worked at Affinity Health System part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have an excellent orientation and kind, compassionate coworkers as well as supervisory staff. Benefits were good.

Cons

The Human Resource department seemed to have a bit of disorganization to it. The right hand did not really know what the left hand was doing.

7. Phenomenal place to work; meaningful use of your time and energy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Pros

Great co-workers; Creative and productive environment; Patients really do come first;

Cons

Reorg due to takeover; remember: always put the dignity of others first:. Patients a.n.d. Employees.

Advice to Management

Advice: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Also, ***please remember*** that our hospitals, from both systems, were founded and run and managed by nuns.

8. some good days, some bad

I have been working at Affinity Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

competitive pay, room to grow. the bosses and supervisors are willing and able to help you with achieving your goals.

Cons

always being worried about the security of your job. being told something is going to happen and then it does not.

Advice to Management

show that you value the employees at the bottom of the chain too.

RSS Feed </> Embed