Affinity Solutions

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jonathan Silver

Silver can be more valuable than Gold

NBD (Former Employee)

ProsI have done business with this company and in particular it's CEO J. Silver. He has always been fair. I have seen the company grow under his leadership and I think he has great insight into the future of his business and industry.

ConsSometimes the price of success can be painful. I think that might have been the case here when they had a rapid growth spurt. It seems they have made some good hires and now can handle all the growth that is coming their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementDesignate and develop, show growth from within.

No Structure - Sweat Shop Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. No formal dress code.
    2. Work from home capabilities which is great so if you need to stay home and take care of personal business while accessing all server information. Almost always approved by management.
    3. Young employees in the company give it a fun vibe.
    4. Unlimited vacation days after 1 year of employment as long as you give your boss advance notice there is almost no issue.

Cons1. I've had to do other departments work and be expected most of the time aside form my own.
    2. Too many meetings all day which leaves for no time to get work done hence always working around the clock.
    3.Cursing is allowed in meetings which makes for a hostile work environment.
    4. Unsanitary work conditions...kitchen is filthy with stains on the floor, counter and the fridge is always smelling badly.
    5. No formal training for junior staff as they are thrown into the fire.
    6. When someone quits in another department the work is thrown onto other departments for months on end.
    7. Campaigns have gone out the door days or weeks later because someone in another department had to leave early and did not tell someone or distribute their work to someone else.
    8. HR is not in the NY office which I feel is a big issue as to why nobody cares and people get away with not doing their job.
    9. Some young employees are given too much power and speak down to the older more mature crowd in the office which is disrespectful and no repercussions are had.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcesses need to be put into play and followed and HR needs to make more of an appearance in the NYC office on a semi frequent basis.

No one cares about anything

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmoney is okay

laid back culture, no dress code

young crowd, fun place to work

Consno one cares about anything

full of amateurs and incompetent people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment

Management (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe Management team and the employees are all amazing individuals. Honestly, the best and the most human company I've ever worked for. I work closely with the management team and they are all great mentors, they coach their teams without micro-managing them. They truly deserve respect for their hard work.

ConsAt times, work can get extremely stressful (like every other company) but could benefit from more back-up when these instances occur.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work !

Great Company to Work For

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAffinity provides a great opportunity for employees to grow professionally and learn. The company's executives have demonstrated a commitment to defining clear career paths and helping its employees succeed. The company continues to grow very quickly and poised to be a dominant player in the Big Data and Analytics space. I understand they're adding 40 people this year alone, brought on a number of strategic clients and partners, and recently bought a company with innovative technology. I'm excited to be a part of this company. The people are great, very open, and a lot of transparency.

ConsI'd like to see more interaction across functions, and the company should probably bring on new employees faster to keep up with the requirements of new clients coming on board.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep the Lunch 'N Learns. Town Halls are a great way to learn about overall company direction. Thanks for providing a great work environment.

Very disgruntled employee working at Affinity. BEWARE of the HORRIFIC MANAGEMENT TEAM!!

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAffinity has many talented individuals, unfortunately, it lacks direction and integrity from upper management. I am learning a lot from those talented individuals, and I'm shocked at the blatant lack of leaderships the company has from an operational and sales aspect.

ConsClients are turned over to Account Managers with the intention of "you know we'll disappoint". Deals are signed which they know are not executable. Very dishonest leadership from my perspective, and most of the retailers/companies are well aware of the problems Affinity is facing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be honest with it's employees, and stop lying to themselves and to their investors. The key problem at Affinity is the utter lack of leadership, and with it's current management team in sales, operations, and business development, it's a matter of time for all the talent to leave Affinity. I would not recommend Affinity to any friends, as I do not know one employee that is truly content, and not working to earn the paycheck.

Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCasual work place (Come in Tshirt and jeans). Bagel tuesdays. Quarterly happy hour. Not a lot of micromanagement.

ConsSome people are nice and easy to work with but a majority of those who have control on the operations of the company or contact with the Clients/Banks are the worst. They have next to no knowledge on Excel and time-management. Everything is always a priority even when it isn't. All upper management people are lazy and don't know how to revise an excel worksheet on their own. Everyone is really looking to covering their own ass and will gladly CC everyone in the company to throw you under the bus.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying people more than they deserve. Don't just throw money at them when they found BETTER opportunities at other companies where they would be more appreciated. Also Townhall meetings are all a lie, stop trying to BS your employees. They know a lot more of the inner workings of the company than you do.

outside sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosno micro managing. good pay and hours. great commission structure.

Conspoor management and operations. account closed were not handled properly

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Affinity Solutions? Contribute to the Community!