Affinnova

Affinnova Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2014

Affinnova President and CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi

Waleed Al-Atraqchi

Great company - Very satisfied!

ProsGrowing company
    Hiring a ton
    Great people
    Good pay
    Promotion opportunities
    Reasonable hours
    Company listens and not afraid to make tough decisions or changes
    Junior people step up and make meaningful contributions
    Fresh fruit and bagels delivered to the company every week
    People take breaks during the day to walk outside or play ping pong
    Wear jeans, shorts, tee-shirts, or whatever any day
    I’ll take it!

ConsThe company is serious about creating great products and delivering great results to clients. You have to be on your game, bring it and be ready to contribute.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeeing good recent changes. Keep listening.

Beats a sinking ship

ProsThings are going pretty well for this company 20%+ growth a year and that means there are some opportunities.

ConsYou'll support CPG and you might not like all CPG. There is some legacy software to deal with and some company culture that isn't always as transparent as it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of ways to be more transparent. Transparency leads to collaboration leads to innovation.

"Best company I've worked for"

Vice President, Strategic Account Development (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsProprietary, best in class product solutions, great culture/ people, reputation in the marketplace. Good benefits, training and support. Attributes that best describe folks that do well here include Integrity, honesty, and hard working. It's a high energy atmosphere created by a diverse group of bright and talented, achievers.

ConsBest job I've ever had but also one of the hardest. It's challenging and difficult at times, but that's also what keeps it interesting and makes it rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in training, technology and marketing support.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strong Culture and Company

ProsI really like working with the people here. Lots of smart people. Not cutthroat like most companies I've worked at before.
    The culture is supportive of new ideas and is very cross functional in its approach.
    Many good job opportunities with the new office openings and new roles being created.

ConsThere is no consistent employee review process which is making it hard on everyone. It's been talked about for years but nothing has changed.
    The environment is too stretched at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new leaders need to prove themselves although I felt like the changes were justified.
    Stay committed to technology development. It's what makes Affinnova special.
    Get HR on track and consider expanding resources.

Challenging but rewarding

ProsGood training, lot's of help to succeed

ConsChallenging sale, Nothing is easy

Okay in the short-term

ProsGood place to start out with, get some initial quant experience and move on

ConsLong hours, clicky socially, lower pay, work is fairly cookie cutter / doesn't require a lot of strategic thinking skills

Exciting but highly volatile environment

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Waltham, MA

ProsTechnology is cool, co atracts really smart people, fast paced

ConsCEO is mercurial and has "fire everyone" mentality. His direct reports continually turn over (CFO leaving, many CMO's, global head of sales, head of Analytics). Not truly performance driven, especially in sales. Growth has slowed dramatically, co has a hard time recruiting and retaining good people, especially outside the US. Very few women in senior management. Technology isn't "sticky" so company struggling to transition from market research co into being a tech co. There have never been employee reviews so it's hard to get job feedback in order to improve your performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess of an "ivory tower" approach! Get out and talk to a few clients and some employees too! Invest in some mangement and leadership training as many of your current leaders are not experienced. The core technology seems to be quite niche but would be a perfect product suite for a larger MR co to buy. Great time to sell the co.

Used to be great, stay away now

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to be excited about the technology

Cons- Peter Principle in full effect. Good salespeople are promoted to managers with no management skills, then pressure from upper management trickles down to the team members
    - Incredibly cliquey and political
    - Very little job security
    - Aggressive management and CEO
    - Used to be "Hire the right people and find the positions," now it's "Fire anyone who underperforms in a quarter"

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in manager roles only if they're good at managing. Management shouldn't be a required career path if they're not suited for it

Good place to start your career if you are in the right team

Prosnice working environment, co-workers, tons to learn

Conspolitics, lack of transparency, micro-management

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do something to keep people who solve the problem/get things done instead of those who only care about how to win the office politics game.

Horrible place to work, largely consider this the worst mistake I've ever made

Pros-Pay is good
    -Lots of open bars
    -Tons to lear,
    -Accelerated career path

Cons-Work-life balance non-existent
    -Exteme micro-managing
    -Management leads and motivates through fear and intimidation
    -If you are not working at least 60 hours a week, you are not putting in enough time
    -Management will not hesitate to demand that you reschedule a wedding or vacation for business needs (this has happened multiple times since I've been here)

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees. Make sure that the people who are in charge of a department know how to lead. Stop treating your employees as property, and treat them as human beings.

Worked for Affinnova? Contribute to the Community!

Affinnova Videos

Affinnova – Why Work for Us?

Affinnova is the technology platform of choice for companies seeking to dramatically improve their innovation and marketing success rates. Powered by Affinnova’s optimization algorithms and predictive analytics and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Affinnova reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Affinnova CEO Waleed Al-Atraqchi. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Affinnova employees.