Aflac

Aflac Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

Pros
  • You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential(in 20 reviews)

• Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great(in 24 reviews)

• lack of initial support - but it's like any 100% commission job: "you reap what you sow"(in 34 reviews)

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great for if it works for you but horrible if it doesnt

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood sales training and lots of information is given so you can learn the product.

ConsYoure required to do business with a company laptop so youre pretty much dependent on others until you get your own company laptop. Also the gig is 100% commission so unless you have savings, it'll be a while before you build up enough to make a decent living.

Advice to Senior ManagementBase pay for agents in sales school to help them get by

Pyramid scam

Sales Account (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWell you think the brand would be an asset in selling but they bring in 100's of new reps yearly and just grind through them. The promise huge incentives but very few probably less than 1% can make enough to survive.

ConsYou can not write business using your own laptop. They want you to "invest" in one of theirs which runs about $1500 for a comparable $500 laptop. No draw you pay for evertything

Lose, Lose situation.

Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey are very friendly when they are sucking you in.

ConsContractor sales position, No benefits, only training was on cold calling, very little to none training on the product. What they pay you upfront they will just as quickly take away from you if client doesn't pay or quits participating. Trust me, they have this all figured out and they will not be the ones that lose any money in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit just hiring and hiring. I know it is to your advantage but it is very over saturated and it disheartens the sales agents and pisses of the businesses. Better product training of the products would be very helpful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saturated with Agents

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNo territory protected to work

ConsReleased at least 100 agents a moment into the market

misleading

Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosset your own schedule for working

Consvery over saturated, no benefits, hire unqualified people that ruin your deals

Frustrating job.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey reward you with stock eventually.

Cons100% commission. No benefits. No discounts for associates on their own products. You pay for everything needed to do your job except sales brochures.
    Definitely and "old boys network". Women do the grunt work and men take the credit and promote their cronies.
    Lots of politics and lying and underhanded dealing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your sales force as people that you want to invest in and not as disposable.

Sales Associate for Aflac

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company name is well known. The training is very extensive and gives you tools for b2b sales. The marketing materials are very well designed and free to you to use. The upfront commissions are good. The potential to make money is there.

ConsA lot more cons than pros. The market is saturated with Aflac sales associates. They are everywhere you turn. Business owners see them weekly. There is no territories so it's every man for themselves. Like all sales its a numbers game. They want you to hit 100+ calls a week. It's not a quick sales cycle, many business owners want to think about it. I tried to do this while having another job. It takes full dedication to succeed. Your manager will ride with you at first but then you are on your own. After the first month, the manager will get another new person and you will be on your own. The failure rate is very high for new associates. Their game is to get as many people in sales school every month. It's a numbers game with them too. Every month that sales group will produce a decent number but most will quit after 6 months. Many business owners told me I wouldn't be there is 1 year so they didn't want to do business with a company with this type of model. If you go after reallt big accounts the will tell you to go through their broker associate. They aren't too helpful because they are working on their own deals. I think if Aflac would stop the madness of hiring every Joe out there tripping on each other and provide a small base with some accounts to call on the business model would be much better. Oh that's another thing. I ran into many old accounts that had not been called on in years because the agent quit. I guessThat the District manager doesn't mind if you set up accounts because when you quit he or she will pick that account up. That's just how it works in a nutshell.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know they won't ever consider this but hire new agents and provide a small base to survive the first year until their client base is established. Let new agents with 6 months experience call on dormant accounts. Don't let Area managers keep all the renewal business for themselves. Let associates with some experience try to harvest some of the stale business.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!