Aflac

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Account Representative

Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsCo- workers, great management, pay, benefits, Employee Appreciation Week (EAW)

ConsManagement need to dedicate more time for training/ review.

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate time for proper training.

Excellent Benefits and Job Opportunities

Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsI like the benefits I receive, 401k, health insurance, stock option, pension plan. It appears that there is room for growth and everyone is friendly. Management is easy to talk to.

ConsAflac should pay $18 per hour in the call center. The job is challenging and representatives should be paid accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider implementing training tools that will help call center employees communicate more effectively. Also, the current grading system in the call center should be revised; it is severe and promotes a consistent fear of losing one's job. Thank you.

Aflac HQTRS has an Outstanding Training department!

Trainer (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsFamily oriented company that provides employees with the tools to successfully perform job duties.

ConsThe call center should offer 24 her customer service and more opportunities to work from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementCall Center Management needs to be rotated. They have become too comfortable in their positions. Call centers are evolving and new management may be needed to meet the new challenges.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aflac

Claims Specialist (Current Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsGreat atmosphere and excellent opprtunities. Career advancement s and on the job training for other areas in the company

ConsAdjusting ot different rules and regulations and learning new processes in different business units

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Lots of Spin - Not alot of Follow Through

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsMarketing is never boring. The company encourages community service and continuing education in most departments.

ConsThey make promises about career advancement that they don't keep. Lots of reorganization and management changes. Promotion of unqualified, inexperienced people with lots of initials after their names, but no substance. Lots of distrust.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's no point in passing along advice. No one listens.

Awesome place to work!

Claims Specialist (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsAmazing place to work. They do so much for their employees. Loved the employee appreciation week.

ConsCan not think of any.

Flag Review
    Aflac District Coordinator responded to this review Jun 10, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for all you do on the claims side of things! Sure makes our job easier!

Positive and enriching experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsTop-level, globally recognized and respected brand. Top management is willing to listen to ideas and in many cases try new approaches.

ConsCorporate headquarters is in a lovely small town in southern Georgia, but this may not be a good fit for some people. The corporate culture is extremely conservative, and while being risk-averse is a good attribute for a financial services company it can sometimes result in progress coming at too slow a pace for outside factors.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight do a better job attracting and retaining talent if there was an option to be based out of other offices in larger markets.

Wonderful company with great opportunities

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsManagement is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance. Management is very demanding, but training is provided and managers really want to see employees excel. Salary ranges were very good for the market, and the company has excellent health benefits.

ConsLiving in Columbus is the downside to working at Aflac. If they were 70 miles closer to Atlanta, I might still be working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany has wonderful values and perhaps the best senior management in the industry.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with

Second Vice President (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsGreat people who are very bright and very kind. The leadership expects allot of themselves and the workers. The leaders care about their people.

ConsThe work hours are too long. Saturdays and 12 hour work days are normal.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't work your people so hard, you are taking years off of their lives

I loved working with Aflac

Lead Specialist (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsFamily oriented, really showed that they cared about their employees. The company truly believed in "one team, one dream" concept! I was sad I had to leave but I enjoyed my 15 years of experience with the company and I have nothing bad to say about the organization. As a matter of fact, although I am no longer employed with the company, if I here other people say anything bad, it bothers me. I still have loyalty for this organization although I have been gone since 2012

ConsI do not have any

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is to look within the department for potential promotions instead of moving out side of the department

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings in Columbus, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.