Aflac

Aflac Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

Pros:
  • "You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Being an independent contractor means no benefits and paying your own business expenses"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good internship experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Annapolis, MD

ProsI love their willingness to hire anybody and give them a start or a fresh start.

ConsI don't like draw salary and the long hours in the insurance business.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore full time roles and offices.

Wonderful company with great opportunities

Accountant (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsManagement is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance. Management is very demanding, but training is provided and managers really want to see employees excel. Salary ranges were very good for the market, and the company has excellent health benefits.

ConsLiving in Columbus is the downside to working at Aflac. If they were 70 miles closer to Atlanta, I might still be working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany has wonderful values and perhaps the best senior management in the industry.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Satisfying Career

Independent Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Pensacola, FL

ProsConfidence in offering the best supplemental products, great money, great flexibility, incredible renewal income, most ethical organization, superior advertising/name recognition, supportive company, excellent management style, all of the continuing education anyone could want, always several steps ahead of the curve

ConsThey will hire practically anyone as a sales associate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more selective about the associates hired. The inferior ones do not last, but they give our brand a bad name.

Flag Review
    Aflac District Coordinator responded to this review Jun 10, 2014 EditDelete
    We have a very strict interview/hiring process here. A lot of DSCs and RSCs will just hire anyone so that they can hit their recruiting targets, but the way we see it is that the more successful our ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Products
    Hard work rewarded
    Great rewards
    Great income and renewals

ConsNeed to work hard your first year and follow your trainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop improving!!!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

aflac is awesome

Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee)
    Mayaguez, PR

Proscompany give tools to sucess

Consone challenge consists try to survive

Advice to Senior Managementno

Great environment for hard workers who aspire for greatness!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsGreat opportunity to make a lot of money and build a career.

ConsNot unexpected but it requires a serious approach and a lot of effort is necessary

Great opportunity!

Independent Agent Representing Aflac (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe great thing about being contracted with Aflac is you set your own pace. They provide you with excellent training and really assist you in growing your business.

ConsThe downside to this business is the long days in your car driving from company to company. It requires you to do extensive cold calling and that can become cumbersome.

Some of the brightest people I have ever worked with

Second Vice President (Former Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsGreat people who are very bright and very kind. The leadership expects allot of themselves and the workers. The leaders care about their people.

ConsThe work hours are too long. Saturdays and 12 hour work days are normal.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't work your people so hard, you are taking years off of their lives

Best Decision I have EVER made!

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee)
    Murfreesboro, TN

ProsRight from the start you have all the necessary support and assistance you could ever want coming from all directions. Your boss is there for you, Your fellow agents are more than happy to give you advice or tag along on an appointment. The majority of the time you dont even have to explain what it is you or your company does. There is a huge amount of brand recognition with Aflac and that makes you feel like you are a part of something special, of something HUGE. Aflac is also a performance based company meaning that if you work hard, your paycheck shows it. Those who slack off do not get rewarded the same way the hard workers do. Because it is performance based and the hard workers are rewarded, you advance with the company outrageously fast. There is the possibility of being promoted within just 3 months of being with the company. You wont find that anywhere else. Yet another positive to the company is that you work on your own time. If there is a day that you absolutely cannot work, you dont have to request off in advance. Since you are essentially your own business owner, time missed is your own liability and no one else. Although you own your own business, you are still a united team and there is no better feeling than feeling like you are accepted into the society of the business.

ConsTough getting started because you are accustomed to having someone tell you what to do from the time you get there until the time you leave so managing your own time and being your own decison maker is difficult in the beginning, but you learn through trial and error and soon enough youre managing your time like a pro.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish there was a base pay for the first three months while you were still trying to get things situated

The work is very rewarding but, challenging.

Associate (Current Employee)
    Murfreesboro, TN

ProsThe district coordinator is very knowledgeable and is willing to help new agents build their business the right way. The team of agents also are willing to help each other and everyone celebrates each other`s successes.

ConsCompetition...which is a pro. Everyone seems to have a vested interest in each other`s performance. We all push each other to be successful.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All 630 reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.