Aflac

Aflac Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

Pros:
  • "You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Being an independent contractor means no benefits and paying your own business expenses"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great workplace.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    West Springfield, VA

ProsUncapped commissions. Great hours. Great incentive promotions.

ConsCold Calling. No salary. Commissions only. Hard work can overcome all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know what they are doing. No advice needed.

Is it as good as they say?

Independent Associate (Current Employee)
    Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsYou can set your own work schedule. You are rewarded for your hard work according to your work performance and merits. AFLAC is the only insurance company that is listed on the ethics award. You can make it what you want it to be, by working as an agent or start your own business within an already well established and reputable company.

ConsIts like winning the lottery, except that you still have to work in order to get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect is a two-way street. You have to give it in order to get it.

Love the environment, challenges and co-workers.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat money for those who have the integrity to be their own boss and work hard.

ConsI haven't found any cons to this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for

Benefits Consultant Agent (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsCompany has the best IT department and internal support staff on call to help
    with on the field questions.

ConsThe only negative aspect of the job is having to place cold calls when looking
    for business, but that is part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

In short...you couldn't pay me enough to leave this company after 17 years!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMaking a difference in people's lives every day. Work/Life BALANCE. Getting paid residual income. Great people, great friends, great income...and my job gets better and better every day!

ConsYOU HAVE TO WORK EACH DAY!

Advice to Senior ManagementPost rebuttals to negative comments!

Want a career or just a job?

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsYou get more than you put in. If you take a long term view and think of it as a career, your last career, you'll make it. This is a great company in an industry where there aren't a lot of great companies. It is NOT for everyone. On the other hand, how many careers are there that do not require years of college where you can earn above average income the first year?

ConsIf you just want a paycheck, apply at a restaurant or store. However, if you do that and work really hard you'll be paid just as much as the lazy bum working next to you.

Amazing company to work for!

Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsUnlimited income potential, stock bonuses yearly, residual income, team environment, great training and support, make your own schedule, lots of vacation time.

ConsNeed to find your own leads, a lot of cold calling in the beginning but can quickly move away from it, no territory, sometimes it can have a lot of nepotism but what job doesn't...

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend an adequate amount of time with new agents training them and shadowing them in the field before you let them lease on their own. Help more new associates by letting them enroll in your BoB.

Agent for 2 years

Agent (Current Employee)

ProsI love this JOB! I took this job and worked hard at it. My bosses have helped me succeed and Im getting payed wonderfully. Training was quick and to the point.
    Each day i get to make a promise that i believe I can keep. I have delivered thousands to families that need $$ I help people for a living!

ConsHad to learn to sell insurance to Employers. It was completly different, but i got through it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us a little more time in the fieid just watching you do the job.

Most amazing and ethical company to work for

District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsWorking B2B, you are able to help individuals attain financial security with affordable Aflac products while the employer enjoys a payroll tax savings. It is a win-win for everyone. Great management support from the very top (Mr. Amos) down to the local office. Having worked for 40+ years, Aflac, by far, is the best employer to work for. Why else would the company be named one of the most Ethical companies, year after year after year.....

ConsAflac's internal computer processes need some updating.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work with local agents to determine ways to improve communication between HQ and agent on behalf of insureds.

Awesome, fun work place

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Columbus, GA

ProsBenefits, job security, training are all awesome.

ConsSalaries could be more better, but living in Columbus is pretty cheap.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aflac CEO Dan Amos. All 630 reviews posted anonymously by Aflac employees.