Aflac Federal Credit Union

Updated February 17, 2015
Updated February 17, 2015
2.6

CEO

Steady paced, multi-level member servicing

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Aflac Federal Credit Union full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Small company. Work closely with other co-worker. Work with multiple members across the United States. Not a lot of turn over.

Cons

Not muc room for advancement

Wishful Thinking.

I worked at Aflac Federal Credit Union

Pros

If you want to be able to make your own schedule then this is a good job for that, that was the one thing I liked about it. I was able to come home to my husband at normal hours and spend time with him on weekends.

Cons

While the people I worked with were pleasant enough there were many promises made that were not kept. I was in a saturated market, they had gone through so many insurance agents in my area that every business knew exactly who you were and would show you all the business cards they've collected over the years as if their anger at us being there wasn't enough. I went through 4 supervisors in the 5 months I worked there and none of them took the time to actually help or get to know me or any of the other new agents. It was impossible to become comfortable with the product when the older agents who were there didn't want to help you learn because it meant a competition for you and when the supervisors kept leaving every few weeks.

Take more time to make your new agents feel comfortable and don't just throw them out to the sharks without a little help.