Aflac

Aflac Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos

Dan Amos

Pros
  • You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential(in 20 reviews)

• Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great(in 23 reviews)

• lack of initial support - but it's like any 100% commission job: "you reap what you sow"(in 33 reviews)

Not for everybody...

Associate (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsThe company is hands-down the most ethical insurance company I have ever run across and have always been proud to represent them.

ConsThe sales structure leaves MUCH to be desired. Virtually no admin support unless you hire one yourself. Creates inconsistency in businesses experience. Commission only... that can be a pro and a con...LOL

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide admin support at the regional or district level that is available to the sales force

Great Company Support

Aflac Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompany support and product brochures are free. You determine your own schedule. 100% Commission sales job. Working with policyholders to handle claims is rewarding.

Cons100% Sales job. Insurance is easy to sell if you can get past the "gatekeeper".

Great Business Plan

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe Values Aflac has are incredible! I love what it can do for people!

ConsSince it is Commission, it can be hard start up, but great long term security!

Advice to Senior Managementbest DSC and RSC out there!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hard selling
    no base pay
    commission only
    they will hire anyone

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of hiring everyone for the sole purpose of receiving your quarterly bonus, try hiring based on talent and skill. Aflac might not have such high turnover is a base pay was implemented.

Independent Agent

Stock Bonus

ConsTough to get started
    Straight Commission
    No benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide constant support to new agents in the first 3-6 months or most will not make it.

Good company...

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsIn Santa Barbara, excellent training, very good support especially during the first 6 months, if you have the money to fall back on until you get a solid enough account base there is great potential for a solid annual income. Plus freedom from being an independent agent.

ConsThere is no annual salary or hourly wage, only commission based income. This is great once you get your business going, if you have the money set aside to fall back on until you get there which can typically take about a year or possibly more.

You need another source of income to supplement Aflac income

Aflac Agent (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsVery good products that really help people.

ConsWithout good management, new agents will most likely fail before they get to year 2. Being paid commission only is a real hardship for many agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great opportunity if you like 1099 sales

Associate (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat field training and help getting launched. Important that you are self funded because field sales grows slowly over time. Business to business sales means most work happens M-F 8a-5p

ConsYou are completely responsible for paying your own taxes and business expenses ... Health insurance, etc. there is no training for how to manage this aspect of your business. There is a lot of territorialism among field leaders

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with recruits about first two years when it comes to earnings. Regional Coordinators and District Coordinators tend to be too pie in the sky

Account Representative

Account Representative (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsCo- workers, great management, pay, benefits, Employee Appreciation Week (EAW)

ConsManagement need to dedicate more time for training/ review.

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicate time for proper training.

Excellent Benefits and Job Opportunities

Customer Service Specialist II (Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsI like the benefits I receive, 401k, health insurance, stock option, pension plan. It appears that there is room for growth and everyone is friendly. Management is easy to talk to.

ConsAflac should pay $18 per hour in the call center. The job is challenging and representatives should be paid accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider implementing training tools that will help call center employees communicate more effectively. Also, the current grading system in the call center should be revised; it is severe and promotes a consistent fear of losing one's job. Thank you.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!