Aflac Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.1

Aflac Chairman and CEO Dan Amos
Dan Amos

Pros
  • You can set your own hours, work from virtually anywhere, and there is unlimited income potential (in 20 reviews)

• Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • No base salary or ramp up funds to help beginners, training is not so great (in 24 reviews)

• lack of initial support - but it's like any 100% commission job: "you reap what you sow" (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Aflac HQTRS has an Outstanding Training department!

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family oriented company that provides employees with the tools to successfully perform job duties.

Cons

The call center should offer 24 her customer service and more opportunities to work from home.

Call Center Management needs to be rotated. They have become too comfortable in their positions. Call centers are evolving and new management may be needed to meet the new challenges.

Great company to work for. Provides training and support to employees

Former Employee - AFLAC Field Sales Agent
    Former Employee - AFLAC Field Sales Agent

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like working for a company that has high standards and delivers what they sell. Aflac does this well. It gives you a good feeling that you are selling a product that actually helps people in need.

Cons

Since it is outside sales, there is a lot of working in uncomfortable weather conditions and pressure to get sales in.

I really don't see what they could do to make conditions any better. The management has always been helpful in providing support.

It's true about residual income

Former Employee - District Sales Coordinator
    Former Employee - District Sales Coordinator

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked very hard for three years with Aflac and I'm still reaping the benefits even three years after I quit.

Cons

Cold calling is a tough way to make a living. They package it in many different ways...but cold calling is still cold calling!

Pay attention to the ones who do the majority of the work...remember the 20% who put food on your table!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!

Former Employee - Claims Specialist  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing place to work. They do so much for their employees. Loved the employee appreciation week.

Cons

Can not think of any.

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

Thank you for all you do on the claims side of things! Sure makes our job easier!

Fantastic opportunity for lifetime income and growth

I have been working at Aflac

Pros

Cutting edge of Health Care Reform

Cons

Can be a challenge to filter through all of the data

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

There are definitely lots of challenges, but as long as your coordinator gives you the tools you need during training you can overcome them all!

Accounting Specialist

I worked at Aflac

Pros

Aflac is a company where they have mastered appreciating their employees and from all levels of management. If a company wants to know ways to encourage a positive atmosphere within their corporation, they will most definitely need to talk to the people of Aflac. Outstanding job!

Cons

It is nearly impossible to think of a con. This company just offers a lot of benefits for their employees. It is definitely the heartbeat of Columbus, GA.

Awesome Company

Current Employee - An Independent Agent Representing Aflac  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - An Independent Agent Representing Aflac in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Aflac full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tremendous Support from management, World Class Products, Great Marketing. Everything you need to succeed is right there for you. Great scheduling flexability

Cons

YOU.... If you dont have 6 months of cash in reserve to pay the bills while your get started its really tough. This is why most agents fail. YOU MUST HAVE A TREMENDOUS WORK ETHIC. nothing is handed to you. 100% Commission means you start at zero each day

Continue what your doing. My DSC is awesome. he is always there for advice...very supportive

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

You are so right...as long as they've got a good coordinator team, the only way someone can fail at this is because of themselves.

Great People to work with

I have been working at Aflac as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People are very helpful, Managers have an open door policy and there is a strong sense of camaraderie all around. There is a genuine desire among people to help each other and this is the 5th company I have seen, however my experience here is by far the best.

Cons

I am very new, just spent a week so not aware of the cons yet. The impressions I gathered from people I spoke to all suggested that people were generally happy here. Most people I spoke to had spend close to a decade working here some of them even had 15 and 20+ years of experience.

Jun 10, 2014District Coordinator

I am sure you will encounter obstacles, as you are still very new, but it is great to see you surrounded by positivity! I wish the best for you in your new career!

Good internship experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

I worked at Aflac as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I love their willingness to hire anybody and give them a start or a fresh start.

Cons

I don't like draw salary and the long hours in the insurance business.

More full time roles and offices.

Wonderful company with great opportunities

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Columbus, GA

I worked at Aflac full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very engaged with making sure that employees maintain a good work-life balance. Management is very demanding, but training is provided and managers really want to see employees excel. Salary ranges were very good for the market, and the company has excellent health benefits.

Cons

Living in Columbus is the downside to working at Aflac. If they were 70 miles closer to Atlanta, I might still be working there.

Company has wonderful values and perhaps the best senior management in the industry.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!