Afni

Afni CEO Ron Greene

Ron Greene

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsThey really care about people and listen to feedback

ConsThey could be more competitive with pay

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on servant leadership

Business Systems Analyst

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsCommunity Involvement and work-life balance.

ConsCompensation for top performing employees and career opportunities.

Stepping Stone

Project Coach (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsProfessional development, gained general knowledge of call center KPI's, learned some entry level skills with various reporting and software packages

ConsTerrible culture, bad business practices, unethical, entry level workers are held highly accountable but aren't given the training/resources to meet those expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's lots of room for improvement

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst place I've EVER worked at.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsCamaraderie and few friends I made.

ConsWhere do I start? VERY high turn-over rate. They'll hire anybody so long as a position needs to be filled. High work volume demanded, no perks, health benefits, or motivation.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell everything! Jump ship! This place is horrible!

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsFlexible, decent pay, good hours

ConsNot enough training or support by management. Left to learn and do on your own pretty much, but held accountable.

Good experience, fun people, abysmal pay

Technical Support (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsPlease take note that I'm writing this from an IT perspective, most positions in the company are for representatives.

That being said, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot while I was at afni, the coworkers I had, while often overworked, were very friendly and I remain friends with many of them today.

The environment at corporate is generally friendly, the people you do work for as IT are fun to interact with. The workers at corporate are a large part of what made the job such a memorable experience.

The immediate IT supervisor that was directly over me was phenomenal, though going higher up the chain results varied.

In IT you'll get a LOT of really good experience and you'll likely have some downtime here and there to teach yourself neat tricks to make your job easier. The other IT people can be cranky/extremely busy on a very rare occasion but they're a general joy to work with and will help you when you really need it.

The place isn't really all that political. Do your job and do it well and you generally won't get micromanaged to death.

ConsPoor pay. They paid very very little for their IT staff and suffered for it with high turnover. One thing I will say is that management is concerned with the wrong parts of budgeting. Determining pay with the one responsible for setting it was like trying to sell something at the pawn shop from Pawn Stars, with hardcore lowballing ("I can give you 5 cents"). Then they go and spend 300 dollars shipping something overnight due to poor communications between teams. Note that the latter was a daily occurrence that could happen 5x a day.

The advancement opportunities were absolutely horrible, though I've heard this has been addressed since I left the company and is now better than it was.

Not only that, but I believe there's still a lot of residual issues from the "rift" or whatever it is they wanted to call it. Basically management decided that they were paying a lot of guys who had been senior IT for 10+ years too much and had a massive layoff session. Needless to say they've been scrambling ever since trying to find reliable people to fill the positions for what they'll pay and have suffered for it. This occurred a little while before my employment started but the end result was very evident.

Managers are very "old guard" and a lot of the systems present are old and barely working. It can be a source of frustration but also a challenge if you have a little bit of masochism in you.

It's an almost monthly occurrence to hear about someone leaving for state farm, where they'll likely be making 75% more. I can only assume that by now there's a fairly large contingent of afni alumni in State Farm IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your employees as goods you have to pay for and want to get the best deal on. Treat them right and you'll find you get good employees that stick around. Even when you like working at a company it's hard to become disillusioned with low pay and poor advancement opportunities.

Various IT positions at Afni

IT Guru (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsSmall and dynamic envirionment. Lots of exposure to different technology.

ConsNot a lot of room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep spending in check.

Got what I needed and got the heck out!

Program Coach (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsPotential for sizable monthly performance incentives that are a significant supplement to your dismal salaries.

There were a few folks who were pretty cool to work with. A few.

Cons...where to start...?

1) Management does not value their employees. At the front line, this is not always true. However, annual blood-lettings of middle management and professional/technical employees around budget time demonstrated that tenure, experience and loyalty were meaningless. Nasty side-effect of this -- the constant hacking/slashing of positions meant there wasn't anywhere to be promoted to. No opportunity.

2) Company politics played a huge part in every decision. Politics are present in every workplace, sure, but Afni reaches a whole new level.

3) "Meat grinder" environment. Turnover is a problem in any call center or collections shop, but usually stops at the management/professional level. Not at Afni -- first chance folks get they jump ship. This results in a constant stream of inexperienced folks making questionable decisions that have a big impact on the lives of the front-line employees, which in turn drives turnover. Vicious cycle.

4) Terrible work/life balance. I was a supervisor. Our salary was based on a 40-hour work week. We were regularly informed that "meeting expectations" was 50 hours a week in the office then 5-10 logged on from home. Our Director received a daily report as to the amount of time each person was logged onto the VPN. A little invasive, if you ask me. P.S. -- the salary was terrible for a 40 hour week, let alone a grueling 60 hour per week pace.

In short, if you need a job Afni will hire you. They're desperate for butts in seats. Just understand what you're getting into and get out while you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead a book? Find a soul? Do something to retain the few decent workers you have left!!

I keep learning everyday with the people I interact with.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, IL

ProsI enjoy the nature and scope of the organization

ConsThere are absolutely no downside

Great Place To Work

Bloomington, IL

ProsThey really care and are always willing to work with me when I need some support.

ConsThe pay could be better.

Worked for Afni? Contribute to the Community!

Afni Videos

Afni – Why Work for Us?

As a contact center, our focus is providing customer service experiences that go beyond normal expectations. We answer toll-free numbers and assist online customers with things like billing questions, product… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Afni reviews and ratings in Bloomington, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Afni CEO Ron Greene . All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Afni employees.