Afni Reviews

1. Great people

Former Employee - Project Coach in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Project Coach in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni

Pros

Advancement opportunities. If you're an agent, there are always opportunities to become a coach.

Cons

Top out at being a coach. You have to be patient if you want to advance further and be an OM.

Advice to Management

Find more advancement opportunities for coaches. You have the right people. Don't lose the right people because you can't fit them in your future.

2. A Sweat Shop for 2015

I worked at Afni full-time

Pros

The training is six weeks of easy money. Should have done like had those in my training class and leave the first day on the phones.

Cons

No communication. If you give two weeks notice a week in they will walk you out the door. Literally cannot take time off phones to go to bathroom.

Advice to Management

Those on the phones make your bonus. Treat them like it.

3. No wonder they're always hiring

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits were on par with other positions of this nature

Cons

Call center work environment with subpar conditions and lacking leadership.

Advice to Management

Put your best people in high positions. Tenure is not always a sign of talent development.

Oct 27, 2014Contact Center Recruiter

“Thank you so much for taking the time to review Afni! We are excited to see you value our benefits. We understand that at times the environment can be stressful in a call center. We are striving ... More

Underpaid.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment with a diverse culture.

Cons

Company refuses to pay employees shift differential after promising it. Working split shifts is positioned as an extra dollar per hour ($10.00/hr), but in actuality it pays $9.00 per hour with a "bonus" of $80 on a bi-weekly paycheck. They do this to avoid paying overtime wages of $15.00 per hour and only pay instead $13.50 per overtime hour. Management gives mixed answers when confronted about the issue. Some managers say the extra dollar per hour is actually supposed to be in the form of a bonus, while others will agree with the original pitch of a true extra dollar per hour shift differential. The problem is that the ones who agree that it's an issue needing to be fixed will soon after start avoiding you rather than address the issue.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what you have promised them, or you may get a visit from the labor board.

Oct 23, 2014Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you for taking time to let us know what you think about Afni! We are happy to hear you enjoy the environment and diverse culture. We strive every day to make sure we are providing you with a ... More

Destroyed my faith in humanity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They'll hire anyone on the spot

Cons

The lower management, ie Supervisors(coaches), hardly left a finger for you. They would rather you lie to a customer to increase customer satisfaction. Breaking the rules is not only encouraged but they don't do anything about it unless upper management catches on, then they throw you under the bus. Upper management gets things done but it takes them months for any response.

Advice to Management

Train your supervisors better

Jan 13, 2015Contact Center Recruiter

Afni never wants our employees to feel as if they are not supported by management. It is our job to foster an environment that encourages employees to work hard for our customers, provide the best ... More

7. Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get money.
    Paid training.
    Free food sometimes.

Cons

everything else.
    Management sucks and is unsupportive.

Advice to Management

Quit being jerks

8. Keep your head out of the clouds and on your headset.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (less than a year)

Pros

VTO - Voluntary Time Off, if call volume is low they may offer VTO time where you can leave early or extend a break.

Good Benefits - Medical, Dental, Eye, Life, 401k all after your 3 month probation on the floor. This means your 3 month clock doesn't start until you've finished training and are on the floor.

"Easy" work - Nothing physical, typical call center work. Cubicles and computers with VoIP phones.

Great training - This is a double edged, If you get a decent trainer, you will learn valuable skills and the training program really does stick with you if you pay attention. You'll learn valuable Customer Service skills and if you take the time the ins and outs of just about every cell phone on the market and how to troubleshoot them.

Cons

The job - Listening to people complain, all day every day, can be an emotional catastrophe if this job isn't for you. I've personally seen more than a handful of people leave crying because it finally got to them, some of them before they ever got out of "Rookie camp"

Gossip and people will cut throat you to get ahead. Keep to yourself and don't trust anyone, do your job, be ahead of the game but don't show out TOO much. You don't want your boss thinking your gunning for his job. Quick way to get canned.

Some customers - Prepare to be called everything under the sun except for a good person. You WILL here some of the most ignorant and hurtful things come out of people, it's human nature, deal with it.

Schedule adherence - Let me repeat this SCHEDULE ADHERENCE if you can't be on time find another job. You WILL get fired.

Security / Surveys - Odds are, you WILL get fired. no matter how good you are, no matter how great your stats are, you may just be the luckiest person in the world to get three surveys from drunk guys that fail you because either A: they forgot what they even called for and just remember being mad at Verizon or the company. OR B: There was nothing you could do because they really didn't want anything but to complain and yell and they just happened to get a survey in which they failed you. Three failed surveys and you're gone. They will find many reasons to fire you, don't think they won't. So, like I said, keep your head down and do your job. They can't hit what they can't see.

Surveys - Another one I want to repeat, if you are #1 in the center and you get the lovely gentlemen I mentioned above and fail THREE surveys in a month... You're gone, end of story.

Promotion potential - Don't expect to get out of your job and move up unless you are great at selling, great at calls, all of your stats are in line, and you know who to schmooze with in HR or with your coaches. Opportunities come up all the time for advancement... Don't expect to get it.

Advice to Management

People are more than statistics, we all know that it is cheaper to pay some newbie $9/hr than to keep a senior rep on who has capped at $12.50 plus bonuses and benefits. Grow a heart, and for those great coaches, instructors, and mentors that really do exist. YOU are what makes Afni great and you are under-appreciated and are definitely the best part about this company.

Nov 10, 2014Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Afni! We are excited to see you value our benefits and training program. Afni loves to see you have learned important customer service skills. We ... More

9. Not good for your health and sanity

Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Semi-flexible schedules, mostly friendly coworkers, extensive training. The job can be good on some days and for some the benefits can be useful.

Cons

Low pay, little opportunity for advancement, poor communication between staff and management, stressful environment. To put it bluntly, I sit at a desk and take abuse I don't deserve from people I don't know and get paid barely enough to pay my bills. I have not been promoted once and have watched less experienced employees get promoted above me and whenever I present an issue to management, it rarely gets resolved.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, pay better, and stop telling us one thing and doing another. When we come to you with a problem, it should become a top priority to get it resolved quickly and to our satisfaction.

10. Job itself was fine. Management was not.

Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay was good for the amount of work you actually had to do. If you don't mind people swearing at you over IM and can handle unruly customers, it's not a problem at all. Sitting there talking to people is fine, but what management expects of you is impossible to achieve.

Cons

There were certain guidelines that we were expected to meet on a daily basis. When I worked there, I was one of TWO people who constantly met all of them, and yet I was still treated as though I had no clue what I was doing. Coaches and Quality reps would constantly berate employees for not making the specified goals, and even if you DID meet the goals you were still told, nastily, that you had to do better or else there would be consequences. I can handle constructive criticism, but they never offered that. Instead of being happy that you met their unattainable goals, they were upset that you weren't doing even better. I appreciate wanting someone to constantly improve, but going about telling them that in a nasty fashion is not good for morale. Also, they frequently fired people for no reason, oftentimes making something up so as not to be liable for unemployment payouts or anything of the sort. Their guise of "We've never laid anyone off" may be true, but firing someone for literally no reason and not telling them what they did is ridiculous. Maybe it's better now, but when I worked there I feared for my job every day despite being one of the top two best reps in the entire company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Don't lie to them about how when their department gets dissolved that you'll fit them in elsewhere. Don't berate them for exceeding expectations. And above all, use some common sense.

Afni-a horrible place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni

Pros

Benefits,VTO,pto,breaks,smoke deck, time your not on the phone... Too few to list it sucks so bad!

Cons

Working there is terrible everyone s out to get you watch your back and the managers are so two faced

Advice to Management

Stop being so fake and treat us like we're people. Also get rid of the fleas! And would it kill you to have the desks cleaned?