Afni Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
2.7

Afni CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Pros
  • Managment always shows appreciation with fun BBQ and flexible schedules (in 10 reviews)

• Community Involvement and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Afni

Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL
    Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL

I have been working at Afni part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The good thing is you learn a a lot about devices and billing. You can flex your schedule to accommodate you.

Cons

Horrible place to work. I've been there 6 month and it is like prison. It should be on the top 20 worst jobs. You are constantly criticized regardless of your stats. Management is horrible and will throw you under the bus. NOTHING THAT I WAS EXPECTING

Please consider the stress that your agents go through on a daily basis.

Project Coach

Current Employee - Project Coach in Opelika, AL
    Current Employee - Project Coach in Opelika, AL

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall Afni truly is a great place to work. As long as you come to work do your job and stay away from the office politics, (There is plenty of that!) you'll be fine. The atmosphere is very laid back. For the most part management is very supportive of your decisions, and you as a supervisor, can make your own decisions (within reason.) It's a good place to start out and grow your career.

Cons

Company policies are not consistently enforced. There is a lack of professionalism amongst some of my peers and management. Some policies such as the attendance policy really should be looked at for change.

The rules Afni only pertain to certain individuals and not to others. Afni has a high turn over rate and as a result management is concerned about Attrition. There are many great agents who do well and play by the rules, and there are a few individuals who do not. When it comes time to terminate these rotten apples. Often times you are unable to terminate them because, "Attrition is too high right now." These causes agents and supervisors alike to lose respect for company policies and gives the impression to others that rules do not matter causing more problems. If rules were more strongly enforced on a more consistent basis, this problem would be taken care of. Im not upset at my managers at the center I work at, as I realize this isnt there decision, but being pushed on them from up the ladder, but rules and policies without enforcement and follow through are just words on paper.

No wonder they're always hiring

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits were on par with other positions of this nature

Cons

Call center work environment with subpar conditions and lacking leadership.

Put your best people in high positions. Tenure is not always a sign of talent development.

2nd time employee, I came back for a reason!

Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Evans, CO
    Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Evans, CO

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When you stick with the same group of employees week after week, it can go good or bad. For me, it went well. I am close friends with half the people on my team. My coach is easy to approach, and so are most of the other coaches.

I love the events we hold for employees and their friends/family. I love that we participate in community service. I happen to be really good at customer service, so to me, this job is easy 90% of the time. There are times when I want to punch everyone in the face though. It happens.

Cons

It's not perfect. But what company is?? We have to do shift bids; they fire you if your attendance sucks; they are constantly talking about stats and it sometimes feels like they're shoving them down your throat.
    --Wish we got paid a little more at least
    --They say there's room for growth in the company, but I keep hearing about people getting demoted, no obviously I'm not getting promoted anytime soon.

-- little better pay, more opportunities for growth in the company, and open work@home for webchat. PLEASE!!!

Afni Response

Oct 9, 2014Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad you came back! ! I’m sure your positive attitude is appreciated by your team.

We are proud of the culture and environment for all
    ... More

Customer Sales Representative

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Will employ almost anybody regardless of age, sex, creed, disabilities or appearance.
    Employees are generally very easygoing and great people
    Random on site moral building
    Preferred promotion within the company (if they like you regardless of performance)

Cons

No investment in keeping employees happy
    Bonuses are cut every time sales go up, so if many people perform and get high bonuses the next month will have a changed bonus structure. In my experience I used to make $3000 of bonus when I first signed up and at my departure I was making $75 as a bonus with more work than before
    Salary increases are laughable, after 6 months you can make an extra $0.24 per hour
    Only certain people are promoted, regardless of experience or ability
    If you are great at your task, forget about a promotion...you will be too good to be taken out of that position
    There is such a high turn over rate that they do not care about people leaving, they will not care about your personal issues.
    They claim work life balance, yet do their best to prevent a life outside of Afni
    Benefits are expensive, we are talking $300 for a family of three and about $80 for a single male.....per pay period

When someone has proven their worth, move them up the chain they can teach others to be better and reduce the huge attrition rates.

Underpaid.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed environment with a diverse culture.

Cons

Company refuses to pay employees shift differential after promising it. Working split shifts is positioned as an extra dollar per hour ($10.00/hr), but in actuality it pays $9.00 per hour with a "bonus" of $80 on a bi-weekly paycheck. They do this to avoid paying overtime wages of $15.00 per hour and only pay instead $13.50 per overtime hour. Management gives mixed answers when confronted about the issue. Some managers say the extra dollar per hour is actually supposed to be in the form of a bonus, while others will agree with the original pitch of a true extra dollar per hour shift differential. The problem is that the ones who agree that it's an issue needing to be fixed will soon after start avoiding you rather than address the issue.

Pay your employees what you have promised them, or you may get a visit from the labor board.

Not bad, great learning experience, you can move up easily but pay is lower than average

Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, advancement opportunity, bonus pay, good benefits. You can move up fairly easily and use that title to get the same job at another company for more money. Schedules are pretty flexible which is good, especially for those going to school. Also, there is a decent tuition reimbursement program. Also, don't believe all the horror stories. This, like any job, is entirely dependent on what you put into it. If you try hard and actually come to work, you'll have a great experience. If you choose to not show up and not do what's needed, you can expect to move through the accountability process. It always amazes me how people rate companies poorly that simply held them accountable for their poor work ethic and lack of discipline. Just silly!

Cons

Stressful work environment, less than favorable hours of operation, lower pay than a non-outsourced call center, clients place unreasonable demands on the center that are technically not achievable.

The hours are less than parent friendly

Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The laid back atmosphere, friendly supervisors

Cons

The hours, HR took forever to make changes

Good for what it takes

Former Employee - Collector in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Collector in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Anyone can do it, and they are realistic and fair with their employees. They understand it's an incredibly high-stress environment. Co-workers and managers are all great.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for advancement. You'll probably be on the phones forever.

Company had nothing but cons.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's JUSt "ok pay" if you don't have any kids.

Cons

The management is horrible, you have NO HOLIDAYS OFF whatsoever, there is zero time between calls, any breaks you take will be met with reprimand. Supervisors/Coachs are all a joke, it's a game to them, if you're in a hold they yell across the room to hurry it up and get off the call not keeping the customers best mind at interest. Working for the company was a nightmare and i would never tell any of my friends to join this job ever.

Spend more time and money on the people who are on the phones making YOU'RE company money otherwise your attrition will continue to be horrible.