Afni

Afni Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Afni CEO Ron Greene

Ron Greene

Pros
  • Managment always shows appreciation with fun BBQ and flexible schedules(in 10 reviews)

• The pay was good for the amount of work you actually had to do(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement(in 6 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop(in 9 reviews)

Good for what it takes

Collector (Former Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsAnyone can do it, and they are realistic and fair with their employees. They understand it's an incredibly high-stress environment. Co-workers and managers are all great.

ConsLittle to no opportunity for advancement. You'll probably be on the phones forever.

Good First Time Work At Home Experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompetitive work at home pay
    No commute
    They supply all work equipment (Must return)
    No need for conservative business attire
    Meet great new people
    Still have time for family

ConsStrict adherence policy
    Camera snaps random pictures of you for attendance and adherence (could be contested as an invasion of privacy).
    Training books and material need major updating, and collaboration for proper training

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the workbooks provider to new employees to ensure they are getting proper and sufficient training. Supers and trainers should be a lot more open for improvement suggestions rather than firing employees for offering improvement advice. Needs more room for growth in the virtual organization. Other than that it was a great learning experience for first time work at home, and the pay was very good. I made almost $2,00 a month. The training experience could have bee way better if the material were more up to date. I am positive I would have passed my final training exam had the manual been more up-to-date with the client's website. My supervisor at that time was quite inferior to suggestions and always considered me being borderline insubordinate of which I was not being, but he came off as rude and easily offended when being told things were out of date, and I was trying to be helpful to others in the training class as well as him.

Shortsighted

Project Coach (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great. For a low-wage, entry level job it is a good place. They do like to promote from within up to a point.

ConsThe owners are shortsighted about the future. The facilities are drab and in poor condition. The clients are demanding and unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new clients and diversify. Hire in new senior management talent, the group you have has been there too long and does not have new ideas to bring to the table.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great working culture. Leadership is always there to assist you when needed.

Customer Consultant (Current Employee) Evans, CO

ProsGreat for personal and professional growth.

ConsThe compensation package is kind of low, but it will raise in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the greatest investment of the company as they could grow into all directions. Manage them better and they will return you a forest.

Nice place to work.

ProsSome opportunity to move up. Works well with school schedules

ConsPay in the Technology department is on the low end.

I enjoy working with smart, productive and fun people.

ProsEnjoy working with co-workers who are passionate about what they do and fun to be around. Impressed with how much people care about each other and what they do to support each other and local charities.

Company values employees and encourages feedback and ideas for improvement. Every year, action plans are put into place around feedback gained from employees. Good work life balance. Leadership development and mentoring programs a plus.

ConsThere is always room for improvement and have seen a lot since I have been here the last few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to employees and making them feel valued.

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsFlex time, PTO, ability to change your shift and days off. Some of the couches were cool, sometimes free pizza and stuff. Break and lunch flexibility.

ConsThe job itself. Rude customers, computers and call manager not working. Every night at eight systems updated so you couldn't do anything. I also didn't like the pay. It was $9 an hour, when many other call centers in Tucson are $10 - $12 an hour. It was also very difficult to change positions, or reach bonus.

Afni is bad for your health

Web Chat Sales Representative (Current Employee) Opelika, AL

ProsFlexible schedules and shifts. opportunities for "commission". "Coaches" who only care about their bonuses. They like to give away tax-deductible prizes.

ConsAgents are held to high & sometimes unattainable goals. Agents must keep 3 chats going at once so it's essentially 3 angry customers asking hundreds of questions every hour for 8 - 10 hours a day, 3 - 4 days a week. Commission is based on "points" you make by selling in your chats. If you're lucky, this might be a $50 extra to your 80 hours each check at $8.00 an hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlame for not meeting goals is placed on agents when actually it's too hard to make the company that agents represent look good. That's not our fault that a company has crappy policy that makes customers unhappy. This negativity that we hear all day, every day from customers makes it hard to be a happy employee. It's inevitable that we end up depressed and hate coming into work.

Great in the beginning then deteriorated

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYou don't have to take your work home with you

ConsStress caused by negative feedback

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelope programs that will help reduce stress and positively encourage employees

Overtime

ProsFlexible schedules, good atmosphereand people

ConsToo much overtime, crazy customers

Worked for Afni? Contribute to the Community!