Afni Reviews

Reset
2.8
Afni CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Pros
  • Flexible schedules, good atmosphereand people (in 10 reviews)

• Community Involvement and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop (in 11 reviews)

1. Love this job

I have been working at Afni

Pros

Health benefits, bonus, Vto, PTO

Cons

None so far that I found

2. HR Generalist

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni

Pros

Good atmosphere, great people to work with.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

3. It's okay...

Current Employee - New Hire Trainer in Opelika, AL
    Current Employee - New Hire Trainer in Opelika, AL

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything based off performance. Laid back environment. Open door policy. Wide variety of schedules to take advantage of.

Cons

It's hard to move if you get stuck with an under developed team. Shift bids can totally suck if you do.

Advice to Management

Stop changing bonus structures every other month and offer some profit sharing with management at least.

5. Opportunities for Advancement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of different departments/positions to apply to.

Cons

Not a lot of autonomy unless you are on salary.

Advice to Management

Allow time for training and getting updated throughout the months (not just the initial training or coaching).

Jul 9, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that our training may seem fast paced; however the purpose behind this is to prepare our employees to assist customers who have varying needs. There is a ... More

6. customer service rep

Former Employee - Computer Tech in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Computer Tech in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni

Pros

Good working environment, good training

Cons

the company has ridiculous policies that have the customers angry all the time so they call in and take it out on the reps and give you a bad score in the survey and then the management say you are not doing your job when the customer is clearly mad at the company.

Advice to Management

find a way to fix the policies and advancement should be based on merit not sucking up to your boss.

Jul 9, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. While the purposes behind a policy may not always be clear it is in place to benefit the customer. We know that not all customers will understand and accept certain ... More

7. good people

I worked at Afni (More than 8 years)

Pros

great entry level employee postions

Cons

lots of change requires great flexability

Advice to Management

focus on your peoplel

Good advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Project Coach
    Current Employee - Project Coach

I have been working at Afni

Pros

Plenty of higher level positions to move up to

Cons

Constant change leading to many lay offs

Don't Get Duped. Definitely Not a "Great Place to Work."

Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Afni full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent for the job especially without any kind of college education required. Customer service starts at $9/hour and full time employees get full benefits such as health, vision, and dental insurance. Also, you get paid time off/sick hours. And the people I work with are really friendly and nice and easy to talk to. Everyone is welcoming and doesn't make you feel like you're not "cool" and don't fit in with the "clique."

Cons

Everything else. It starts before you're even hired. They send recruiters to places to dazzle potential worker bees with promises of an easy gig chatting on the internet for $9 an hour plus full benefits and "flexible schedules." This place is always hiring and firing. The training lasts for two months and even after all that time, you still don't feel fully prepared to be chatting with live customers. The whole training period is required to be full time. That is not flexible. That is outrageous. Especially when you're a college student and sometimes only getting 5 hours of sleep due to the training. I attribute a lot of poor grades of mine to that time period. I was told by the recruiter I spoke with before I was hired that even though training would be required to be full time, you can go to a part time schedule as soon as it's done. That never happened with me. The shifts that you bid on are all full time. I was never offered a part time schedule by management even though I made it PAINFULLY obvious I was a college student and needed a part time schedule to, you know, keep up with work. Afni will adjust your schedule around your classes, however, they don't seem to realize that just because I'm not sitting in a classroom doesn't mean I'm available to work. I need time outside of class to do homework too. I had a part time schedule briefly only after hounding my supervisor for weeks. I had been taking unpaid days off that had a negative impact on my attendance just so I could keep up with my school work. I shouldn't be punished because of lack of attentiveness from management. That's another thing. Management doesn't care about you. They try to pretend they do by holding silly giveaway contests for prizes that require you to be even more annoying than you normally are to customers in order to win. But you're not fooling anyone. I see right through this tactic. Trying to distract me with shiny things doesn't make me forget that if I tried to express to management how miserable and stressed and depressed I was by this job, I would probably be fired. Afni tries to make you think you're appreciated but you're not. You are dispensable. They can get rid of you and immediately hire someone to replace you who won't cause them any kind of inconvenience with their annoying human feelings. I have often fantasized about walking out of this place and quitting so I wouldn't have to deal with verbally-abusive customers and overbearing management. But I can't. Fact is, I need the money. And I know it wouldn't look very good for me to quit before getting to a year. But I honestly don't know if I can handle it much longer. I get two days off every week and I always dread having to go back. I have had a few jobs by now and I have never been more miserable at one than I am at Afni. But hey. If you enjoy sitting at a small workstation with extremely slow and outdated computer equipment and programs in very close proximity with other people while getting verbally abused by belligerent, technologically-challenged customers for at least 8 hours a day while being constantly reminded when you're not meeting extremely high KPIs, then this might be the job for you. Afni expects agents to deliver amazing customer service while simultaneously providing sub-par, almost non-existent support for the agents working for them.

Advice to Management

Stop using company money to fund pointless giveaway contests that do absolutely nothing to actually improve morale of the employees and instead invest in some more adequate computer equipment and replace all the old, sweat-stained, broken chairs. That is disgusting and unacceptable. And do something to improve the response of the network. While having to deal with two angry customers at the same time, the last thing we need is a slow-loading web page that freezes the entire computer for several seconds. And for the love of all that is sacred, please stop making us use Internet Explorer. Put Chrome on all of the computers. It is so much faster and more efficient. And if you're going to ask employees for feedback, actually discuss it with us. Don't just ask us and then leave us in the dark. What is being done to improve the extremely high turnover? What is being done to improve the shabby working conditions? Communicate with us without the car-salesman lip service. Acknowledge the areas in which your company fails and stop pretending Afni is such a great company when it's clearly not. I honestly wonder how a lot of upper management sleeps at night believing that silly motto of Afni being a great place to work.

10. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable income, bonus incentives, liberal paid time off.

Cons

Hourly wage is "competitive " making it difficult if you should not bonus that month.

Advice to Management

Management is friendly, helpful , organized.

May 11, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your positive representation of Afni. Afni does do our best to stay competitive in our markets and are always researching market data to ensure we ... More

11. High School Summer Job at best.

Former Employee - Web Chat Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Web Chat Sales Representative

I worked at Afni full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is enough for a single person still living with Mommy and Daddy to get by and pay for their car. Commissions are decent but only if you are ruthless and have no moral compass or compassion.

Cons

It is the same as car sales and lawyers... to be successful you must be greedy and willing to stab your co-workers in the back at every turn. If the client is not happy with Afni's numbers they will (and did) up and fire over 1/2 of the call center and your butt will suddenly be out of a job for no other reason other than you are not the best of the best. There is no such thing as a verbal warning, ONLY final written warnings. Dental and medical are next to non-existent, get your own. Project coaches are mostly helpful, some of the upper management is cool, but they spend too much time and money on silly stuff like pool tables and silly distractions like "power hour". The "free giveaways" are taxed in your check and then taken back out of your check. Afni does not do its taxes right so you WILL owe the IRS at the end of the year. The sick line is now out of the Philippines so that is completely useless. And unless you are greedy and have no soul, do not mind working 10-12 hours a day, have a second and possibly third job, are always showing up at least 15 minutes ahead of your shift no matter what, and have fingers as fast as lightning, you WILL get fired eventually.

Advice to Management

Stop buying junky pool tables and other non-essential junk, buy better equipment, replace the 35 or 40 broken chairs, and for crying out loud get some one who knows how to communicate to get with your client on an HOURLY basis and figure out what changes are happening on the website and with the price of the stuff you sell so that the CUSTOMERS that are BUYING the stuff on the website are not making your agents look like idiots when they sit there for 3 hours telling them, "I don't know" because the website changed at midnight and non one told anyone that there was going to be a sale on some big name product.

RSS Feed </> Embed