Afni Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
2.7

Afni CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Pros
  • Managment always shows appreciation with fun BBQ and flexible schedules (in 10 reviews)

• Community Involvement and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Company had nothing but cons.

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's JUSt "ok pay" if you don't have any kids.

Cons

The management is horrible, you have NO HOLIDAYS OFF whatsoever, there is zero time between calls, any breaks you take will be met with reprimand. Supervisors/Coachs are all a joke, it's a game to them, if you're in a hold they yell across the room to hurry it up and get off the call not keeping the customers best mind at interest. Working for the company was a nightmare and i would never tell any of my friends to join this job ever.

Spend more time and money on the people who are on the phones making YOU'RE company money otherwise your attrition will continue to be horrible.

Not a good place

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonuses we used to get

Cons

The management uses favoritism, and is extremely unfair when it comes to advancement. I feel bad for the customers we talk to, we sent a lot of people off, and lied to keep more money

Be fair. point blank

Easy job but environment not for me.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is really good for customer service. The benefits are really good as well. The training offered really gives you a good base for using the system.

Cons

The management is really disorganized, schedule is not very flexible. There is not enough floor support, equipment was constantly down / not working.

Look for ways to improve from your representatives rather than just experimenting new policies and then removing them when they do not work out.

Afni Response

Oct 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate insight into how current employees view the overall job and their colleagues. Since we are a large company with many clients’ policies and procedures can ... More

its a paycheck

I have been working at Afni as a contractor

Pros

like the title says its a pay check

Cons

offer work from home or split shift

Good First Time Work At Home Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive work at home pay
    No commute
    They supply all work equipment (Must return)
    No need for conservative business attire
    Meet great new people
    Still have time for family

Cons

Strict adherence policy
    Camera snaps random pictures of you for attendance and adherence (could be contested as an invasion of privacy).
    Training books and material need major updating, and collaboration for proper training

Update the workbooks provider to new employees to ensure they are getting proper and sufficient training. Supers and trainers should be a lot more open for improvement suggestions rather than firing employees for offering improvement advice. Needs more room for growth in the virtual organization. Other than that it was a great learning experience for first time work at home, and the pay was very good. I made almost $2,00 a month. The training experience could have bee way better if the material were more up to date. I am positive I would have passed my final training exam had the manual been more up-to-date with the client's website. My supervisor at that time was quite inferior to suggestions and always considered me being borderline insubordinate of which I was not being, but he came off as rude and easily offended when being told things were out of date, and I was trying to be helpful to others in the training class as well as him.

Shortsighted

Former Employee - Project Coach
    Former Employee - Project Coach

I worked at Afni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. For a low-wage, entry level job it is a good place. They do like to promote from within up to a point.

Cons

The owners are shortsighted about the future. The facilities are drab and in poor condition. The clients are demanding and unrealistic.

Get new clients and diversify. Hire in new senior management talent, the group you have has been there too long and does not have new ideas to bring to the table.

Great working culture. Leadership is always there to assist you when needed.

Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Evans, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Consultant in Evans, CO

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for personal and professional growth.

Cons

The compensation package is kind of low, but it will raise in the future.

Employees are the greatest investment of the company as they could grow into all directions. Manage them better and they will return you a forest.

Afni

I worked at Afni

Pros

Very friendly and personable and flexible if you make the grade

Cons

Afni will hire you with the idea that once you are trained you will have great flexibility...
    After you have tendered your notice to a previous job they sneak past the idea that if you fail the test after 5 weeks of training you are gone. You are never allowed to study for the test and the test is only slightly based on what was in training .. The min grade on this hide and go seek behind the widgets test only loosely related to training is an 80. And yes if you make a 78 they will fire you... Now with no job to go to and a termination on your good employment record...

NOT everyone's ability to to be great with people correlates with being able to hunt stuff from behind widgets. And to not tell people they will be fired if the fail this test is kind of deceptive practices.

CSR

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flex time, PTO, ability to change your shift and days off. Some of the couches were cool, sometimes free pizza and stuff. Break and lunch flexibility.

Cons

The job itself. Rude customers, computers and call manager not working. Every night at eight systems updated so you couldn't do anything. I also didn't like the pay. It was $9 an hour, when many other call centers in Tucson are $10 - $12 an hour. It was also very difficult to change positions, or reach bonus.

Nice place to work.

I have been working at Afni

Pros

Some opportunity to move up. Works well with school schedules

Cons

Pay in the Technology department is on the low end.