Afni

Updated November 24, 2014
2.7

Afni CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Pros
  • Managment always shows appreciation with fun BBQ and flexible schedules (in 10 reviews)

• Community Involvement and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

2nd time employee, I came back for a reason!

Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Evans, CO
    Current Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Evans, CO

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When you stick with the same group of employees week after week, it can go good or bad. For me, it went well. I am close friends with half the people on my team. My coach is easy to approach, and so are most of the other coaches.

I love the events we hold for employees and their friends/family. I love that we participate in community service. I happen to be really good at customer service, so to me, this job is easy 90% of the time. There are times when I want to punch everyone in the face though. It happens.

Cons

It's not perfect. But what company is?? We have to do shift bids; they fire you if your attendance sucks; they are constantly talking about stats and it sometimes feels like they're shoving them down your throat.
    --Wish we got paid a little more at least
    --They say there's room for growth in the company, but I keep hearing about people getting demoted, no obviously I'm not getting promoted anytime soon.

-- little better pay, more opportunities for growth in the company, and open work@home for webchat. PLEASE!!!

Oct 9, 2014Contact Center Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad you came back! ! I’m sure your positive attitude is appreciated by your team.

We are proud of the culture and environment for all
    ... More

Not a good place

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonuses we used to get

Cons

The management uses favoritism, and is extremely unfair when it comes to advancement. I feel bad for the customers we talk to, we sent a lot of people off, and lied to keep more money

Be fair. point blank

Easy job but environment not for me.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is really good for customer service. The benefits are really good as well. The training offered really gives you a good base for using the system.

Cons

The management is really disorganized, schedule is not very flexible. There is not enough floor support, equipment was constantly down / not working.

Look for ways to improve from your representatives rather than just experimenting new policies and then removing them when they do not work out.

Oct 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate insight into how current employees view the overall job and their colleagues. Since we are a large company with many clients’ policies and procedures can ... More

its a paycheck

I have been working at Afni as a contractor

Pros

like the title says its a pay check

Cons

offer work from home or split shift

Nov 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Afni has also made great strides to make our work environment more fun and stress free. Also, Afni is currently offering both work at home positions and split shifts (at ... More

Not bad, great learning experience, you can move up easily but pay is lower than average

Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, advancement opportunity, bonus pay, good benefits. You can move up fairly easily and use that title to get the same job at another company for more money. Schedules are pretty flexible which is good, especially for those going to school. Also, there is a decent tuition reimbursement program. Also, don't believe all the horror stories. This, like any job, is entirely dependent on what you put into it. If you try hard and actually come to work, you'll have a great experience. If you choose to not show up and not do what's needed, you can expect to move through the accountability process. It always amazes me how people rate companies poorly that simply held them accountable for their poor work ethic and lack of discipline. Just silly!

Cons

Stressful work environment, less than favorable hours of operation, lower pay than a non-outsourced call center, clients place unreasonable demands on the center that are technically not achievable.

Nov 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and positive representation about all the benefits to working for Afni.
    Afni is always striving to meet our clients/customers’ demands. Through hard work and team work we
    ... More

Good for what it takes

Former Employee - Collector in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Collector in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Anyone can do it, and they are realistic and fair with their employees. They understand it's an incredibly high-stress environment. Co-workers and managers are all great.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for advancement. You'll probably be on the phones forever.

The hours are less than parent friendly

Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Web Chat Customer Service Representative in Opelika, AL

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The laid back atmosphere, friendly supervisors

Cons

The hours, HR took forever to make changes

Good First Time Work At Home Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive work at home pay
    No commute
    They supply all work equipment (Must return)
    No need for conservative business attire
    Meet great new people
    Still have time for family

Cons

Strict adherence policy
    Camera snaps random pictures of you for attendance and adherence (could be contested as an invasion of privacy).
    Training books and material need major updating, and collaboration for proper training

Update the workbooks provider to new employees to ensure they are getting proper and sufficient training. Supers and trainers should be a lot more open for improvement suggestions rather than firing employees for offering improvement advice. Needs more room for growth in the virtual organization. Other than that it was a great learning experience for first time work at home, and the pay was very good. I made almost $2,00 a month. The training experience could have bee way better if the material were more up to date. I am positive I would have passed my final training exam had the manual been more up-to-date with the client's website. My supervisor at that time was quite inferior to suggestions and always considered me being borderline insubordinate of which I was not being, but he came off as rude and easily offended when being told things were out of date, and I was trying to be helpful to others in the training class as well as him.

Company had nothing but cons.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's JUSt "ok pay" if you don't have any kids.

Cons

The management is horrible, you have NO HOLIDAYS OFF whatsoever, there is zero time between calls, any breaks you take will be met with reprimand. Supervisors/Coachs are all a joke, it's a game to them, if you're in a hold they yell across the room to hurry it up and get off the call not keeping the customers best mind at interest. Working for the company was a nightmare and i would never tell any of my friends to join this job ever.

Spend more time and money on the people who are on the phones making YOU'RE company money otherwise your attrition will continue to be horrible.

Shortsighted

Former Employee - Project Coach
    Former Employee - Project Coach

I worked at Afni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. For a low-wage, entry level job it is a good place. They do like to promote from within up to a point.

Cons

The owners are shortsighted about the future. The facilities are drab and in poor condition. The clients are demanding and unrealistic.

Get new clients and diversify. Hire in new senior management talent, the group you have has been there too long and does not have new ideas to bring to the table.