Afni Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Updated September 19, 2014
2.7

Afni CEO Ron Greene
Ron Greene

Pros
  • Managment always shows appreciation with fun BBQ and flexible schedules (in 10 reviews)

• Community Involvement and work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • there's very little opportunity for advancement (in 7 reviews)

• A call center (or web chat center) is the modern day sweat shop (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not bad, great learning experience, you can move up easily but pay is lower than average

Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Coach in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, advancement opportunity, bonus pay, good benefits. You can move up fairly easily and use that title to get the same job at another company for more money. Schedules are pretty flexible which is good, especially for those going to school. Also, there is a decent tuition reimbursement program. Also, don't believe all the horror stories. This, like any job, is entirely dependent on what you put into it. If you try hard and actually come to work, you'll have a great experience. If you choose to not show up and not do what's needed, you can expect to move through the accountability process. It always amazes me how people rate companies poorly that simply held them accountable for their poor work ethic and lack of discipline. Just silly!

Cons

Stressful work environment, less than favorable hours of operation, lower pay than a non-outsourced call center, clients place unreasonable demands on the center that are technically not achievable.

Customer Sales Representative

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Will employ almost anybody regardless of age, sex, creed, disabilities or appearance.
    Employees are generally very easygoing and great people
    Random on site moral building
    Preferred promotion within the company (if they like you regardless of performance)

Cons

No investment in keeping employees happy
    Bonuses are cut every time sales go up, so if many people perform and get high bonuses the next month will have a changed bonus structure. In my experience I used to make $3000 of bonus when I first signed up and at my departure I was making $75 as a bonus with more work than before
    Salary increases are laughable, after 6 months you can make an extra $0.24 per hour
    Only certain people are promoted, regardless of experience or ability
    If you are great at your task, forget about a promotion...you will be too good to be taken out of that position
    There is such a high turn over rate that they do not care about people leaving, they will not care about your personal issues.
    They claim work life balance, yet do their best to prevent a life outside of Afni
    Benefits are expensive, we are talking $300 for a family of three and about $80 for a single male.....per pay period

When someone has proven their worth, move them up the chain they can teach others to be better and reduce the huge attrition rates.

Company had nothing but cons.

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's JUSt "ok pay" if you don't have any kids.

Cons

The management is horrible, you have NO HOLIDAYS OFF whatsoever, there is zero time between calls, any breaks you take will be met with reprimand. Supervisors/Coachs are all a joke, it's a game to them, if you're in a hold they yell across the room to hurry it up and get off the call not keeping the customers best mind at interest. Working for the company was a nightmare and i would never tell any of my friends to join this job ever.

Spend more time and money on the people who are on the phones making YOU'RE company money otherwise your attrition will continue to be horrible.

Easy job but environment not for me.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is really good for customer service. The benefits are really good as well. The training offered really gives you a good base for using the system.

Cons

The management is really disorganized, schedule is not very flexible. There is not enough floor support, equipment was constantly down / not working.

Look for ways to improve from your representatives rather than just experimenting new policies and then removing them when they do not work out.

Oct 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate insight into how current employees view the overall job and their colleagues. Since we are a large company with many clients’ policies and procedures can ... More

CSR

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flex time, PTO, ability to change your shift and days off. Some of the couches were cool, sometimes free pizza and stuff. Break and lunch flexibility.

Cons

The job itself. Rude customers, computers and call manager not working. Every night at eight systems updated so you couldn't do anything. I also didn't like the pay. It was $9 an hour, when many other call centers in Tucson are $10 - $12 an hour. It was also very difficult to change positions, or reach bonus.

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training was comprehensive 5 weeks paid. Did a good job of introducing the work before you hit to floor. Excellent attention to rookie agents. Fairly flexible with scheduling. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Quality is rated on call handle time and customer satisfaction survey which means that you will spend a lot of time dealing with outraged clients who were rushed off the phone and lied to about their issues so the previous rep could pass their survey. If honesty and customer service are things you value this will be a stumbling block you may never get over at AFNI. Employee morale is the worst I have ever seen. 70+% attrition yearly. I have never worked with so many people who hate their job before.

Stop trying to shift the blame for the company's failings onto its agents. Stop restructuring teams and reconfiguring score card on a monthly basis. View your employees as individuals and not pluses or minuses to your personal bonus.

Typical call center

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My favorite part of the job was the flexibility. When I needed to, I was usually able to switch my day off as long as I didn't it more than once a month. They did a good job of easing new employees into the job instead of jumping into the deep end.

Cons

During certain parts of the day, there are no supervisors to be found. That makes it very frustrating for when an unusual call needs additional help or customer is insisting on speaking with a supervisor or when supervisor approval is needed.

Reward perfect attendance. Poor attendance hurts the call center but perfect attendance is not rewarded.

Oct 7, 2014

Hi there,
    I am glad that you enjoyed working for Afni and continue to recommend us to friends. We do pride ourselves in offering something that few call centers in Tucson offer; flexible schedules
    ... More

I did not enjoy working here, but it was an okay job, overall

Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is decent
    This is a good part time job while you are in school. (They will work around your school schedule and will be flexible.)
    Relatively easy job
    Every now and then they host a thank you party for the employees, usually catered

Cons

Boring
    Customers will be mean and rude for no reason and degrade you
    I did not feel there were any opportunities for promotion
    No advancement opportunities
    Poor benefits

Oct 17, 2014

Thank you for your input. We understand that difficult customers are not always easy to deal with and Afni has made great strides to help alleviate the stress by offering incentives such as bonus’s ... More

Workforce analyst, working with crs,s schedules and watching compliance and eatching traffic coming in to center.

Current Employee - Workforce Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Workforce Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Afni full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Afni is a good call center and great people that I worked with. I liked my job.

Cons

Positions being elliminated, either I get another position with afni or need to find another company that has same simular position I was dong.

Hire more coaches so don't get too stressed.

they make the best of a bad situation

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Afni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the people you work with and the managment, are all very friendly people and the company will treat you well.

Cons

the job its self, there is no way to make a over the phone support job any better than they have done, its hard to tolerate the mental taxing that the job its self will give you. the only bad thing about the company its self is that the rules are set in stone, if you have a situation occur that causes you to be late, absentee or needing to leave, it can very easily be the cause of your termination, the management does give sympathy but cannot override the rules