Afni

Ron Greene

36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Typical call center

Tucson, AZ

ProsMy favorite part of the job was the flexibility. When I needed to, I was usually able to switch my day off as long as I didn't it more than once a month. They did a good job of easing new employees into the job instead of jumping into the deep end.

ConsDuring certain parts of the day, there are no supervisors to be found. That makes it very frustrating for when an unusual call needs additional help or customer is insisting on speaking with a supervisor or when supervisor approval is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward perfect attendance. Poor attendance hurts the call center but perfect attendance is not rewarded.

CSR

Tucson, AZ

ProsFlex time, PTO, ability to change your shift and days off. Some of the couches were cool, sometimes free pizza and stuff. Break and lunch flexibility.

ConsThe job itself. Rude customers, computers and call manager not working. Every night at eight systems updated so you couldn't do anything. I also didn't like the pay. It was $9 an hour, when many other call centers in Tucson are $10 - $12 an hour. It was also very difficult to change positions, or reach bonus.

Not a great place to work

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsTraining was comprehensive 5 weeks paid. Did a good job of introducing the work before you hit to floor. Excellent attention to rookie agents. Fairly flexible with scheduling. Pay is competitive.

ConsQuality is rated on call handle time and customer satisfaction survey which means that you will spend a lot of time dealing with outraged clients who were rushed off the phone and lied to about their issues so the previous rep could pass their survey. If honesty and customer service are things you value this will be a stumbling block you may never get over at AFNI. Employee morale is the worst I have ever seen. 70+% attrition yearly. I have never worked with so many people who hate their job before.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to shift the blame for the company's failings onto its agents. Stop restructuring teams and reconfiguring score card on a monthly basis. View your employees as individuals and not pluses or minuses to your personal bonus.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I did not enjoy working here, but it was an okay job, overall

Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsTraining is decent
    This is a good part time job while you are in school. (They will work around your school schedule and will be flexible.)
    Relatively easy job
    Every now and then they host a thank you party for the employees, usually catered

ConsBoring
    Customers will be mean and rude for no reason and degrade you
    I did not feel there were any opportunities for promotion
    No advancement opportunities
    Poor benefits

Workforce analyst, working with crs,s schedules and watching compliance and eatching traffic coming in to center.

Workforce Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsAfni is a good call center and great people that I worked with. I liked my job.

ConsPositions being elliminated, either I get another position with afni or need to find another company that has same simular position I was dong.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more coaches so don't get too stressed.

Great Pay

Tucson, AZ

ProsAfni has great pay, they always give overtime. Great first job experience. Im glad they gave me a chance.

ConsMost employees reps there act like high schoolers.

they make the best of a bad situation

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

Prosthe people you work with and the managment, are all very friendly people and the company will treat you well.

Consthe job its self, there is no way to make a over the phone support job any better than they have done, its hard to tolerate the mental taxing that the job its self will give you. the only bad thing about the company its self is that the rules are set in stone, if you have a situation occur that causes you to be late, absentee or needing to leave, it can very easily be the cause of your termination, the management does give sympathy but cannot override the rules

Mediocre

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsWork/Life balance is great, awesome health insurance, and schedule flexibility

ConsLow pay for the demands of the job and management that cannot agree on anything

Advice to Senior ManagementAfni is on the right track but management needs to support their agents a little better. Do NOT tell them to go figure it out and it would be nice if all the supervisors were on the same page and preached one thing. There are simply too many "flavors" of management style on the work floor that causes solutions to be delayed.

A Horrible place to work.

Customer Service/Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsFree equipment, health insurance, Pay, that's about it.

ConsCustomers are crazy, computers are slow, not good training to do job effectively. No supervisors to help take calls for customer who wanted a supervisor. Getting yelled at constantly by verizon customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're incompetent.

CSR Rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsIf you need a job, you can easily get hired here.

ConsMajor con would be lack of support when you are on the floor (although that is to be expected at any call center), and the bonus structure is a joke. I've worked at jobs that had gave bonuses based on your output, but here there are just too many nickel and dime ways to make sure that an employee doesn't get their bonus, but yet harp about how this is sales job and they need to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike they would care.

Worked for Afni? Contribute to the Community!

Afni Videos

Afni – Why Work for Us?

As a contact center, our focus is providing customer service experiences that go beyond normal expectations. We answer toll-free numbers and assist online customers with things like billing questions, product… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Afni reviews and ratings in Tucson, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Afni CEO Ron Greene . All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Afni employees.