Afognak Native Corporation

3.9

Richard M Hobbs II

Alutiiq

I have been working at Afognak Native Corporation

Pros

The people are nice to work with. The company is flexable with work life issues. Casual work enviroment

Cons

There is not a lot of room for growth. Work as contractor. Medical benifits are only good if you do not have a family.

Managment should work on improving medical benifits. Also, do more team building in the off site locations. Overall, good place to work.

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Havelock, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havelock, NC

I have been working at Afognak Native Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The upside to here is that it is a decent place to work. The people I've met are mostly great people.

Cons

They don't seem to really care about the people. When I say "they" I mean corporate and all those people on the board who don't know what I actually do. The health insurance is okay, it's not the best. It's covered in the fringe (mostly), but the insurance company is making so much money. So what I'm getting at is this, for what they're paying it should be better. The pay compared to our government counterparts is not the same. I know a lot of jobs where contractors get paid more (US average is 1.66 times), but not in my case. You get around 10 days a year for vacation AND sick leave. And you get an increase after 8 years of employment. That's such a great incentive. I had better vacation at Wal-Mart. Plus, you have to take paid leave before you can opt for leave without pay. Which is a crock because if you earn it, like say, I don't know, money, then you should be able to use it as you wish. I recommend them for employment only because it's one of the better places around here.

Care about your actual employees...they keep making you money.

Great company to work for in Japan

I worked at Afognak Native Corporation

Pros

On military bases job opportunities are limited but this is one of the best companies to work for. There are many different types of jobs for all ability levels. Management is responsive to the needs of the employees.

Cons

Because this is an international company, response from the corporate office can at time be slow.

Management for the Japan area is really doing a great job for the base.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great home grown company with top-notch people.

Current Employee - Undisclosed  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Washington, DC

I have been working at Afognak Native Corporation

Pros

Great people, excellent salary and a beautiful benefits package. Starting out, you receive the same vacation time as the US Gov, you quickly move up little by little, unlike the Gov where you have to wait xx years and then you are dropped into a higher vacation time bracket.

I do not pay for my medical, dental or vision unless I use it. That's right, no bi-weekly deductions from my paycheck! I pay a flat 20% deductible if I use it.

Swinging vacation time is easy, I put in for it and others are happy to cover for me.
    Flex schedules are the norm, if you want to avoid traffic, come in early and leave early!
    Salary increases are automatic every year at 3%, with full participation on your 401k.

Worldwide opportunities.

Cons

Being a smaller company, jobs are not available everywhere, unlike some of the large corps and Gov.

Tell your people how they are doing, reach out and talk to them.

good company

I worked at Afognak Native Corporation part-time for less than a year

Pros

Afgonic has good working environment

Cons

I don,t know exact points

Improve further working environment

Worked for Afognak Native Corporation? Contribute to the Community!