Agensys

Sef Kurstjens

neutral

Scientist (Current Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Agensys full-time for less than a year

Proslocation, benefits, my own office, some of the instrumentation

Consoffice culture, lack of funds for new laboratory instrumentation

Advice to Senior Managementoffice culture

Stay Away!

N/A (Current Employee)

I have been working at Agensys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat location, decent salary and benefits

ConsOverall horrible management. Very little to no recognition for employees. Management likes to play favoritism and is completely dishonest. The cons far outweigh the salary and benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more recognition to your employees and be more open. Trust is a two way street.

Sr. Management all need to be fired

Senior Scientist (Group Leader) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Agensys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Location, New facility, Great scientists and staff.

ConsSr. Management is blinded to what is going on within their own ranks, Complete dishonesty, regarding projects, results, and personel. When middle management tries to present these issues they are regarded as trouble makers, and HR is 100% against the employees and needs to be replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and let some real leaders step in. Stop Bashing, and degrading the Astellas management saying "we do it our way, not theirs" This is not a Team building attitude. The VPs and Sr. Directors need to be fired or resign. Too many highly trained and competent people left the company only to get higher positions and their talents acknowledged, get a clue.

Culture promotes indirect and dishonest communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agensys full-time

ProsGreat benefits and higher end of the salary range

ConsI felt the agensys culture overall fostered distrust and manipulation between both employees and management. There was a competitiveness between employees that also seemed to cultivate distrust rather than team work ethic. In some groups employees were mistreated to encourage turnover. HR is really out of touch with the true nature of the culture and seems to only want to promote the agenda of upper management manipulations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo take an honest look at employee morale and sentiment within the environment and promote honest and direct communication that encourages a solid team work ethic. HR needs to support the employees at all levels not just blindly promote the upper managements manipulative agendas.

People were good but upper management lacking compassion and honesty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Agensys full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat scientists, parent company Astellas is very supportive, salaries great

Consthe sr. management is out of touch with what is going on with the middle management, HR does not support employees at all, and spend most of their time only listening to the untruths of the managers. typical of pharma companies they promote scientists to management positions they are not qualified for.

Advice to Senior Managementi can offer no advice to management as it goes unheard

Worked for Agensys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agensys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Agensys CEO Sef Kurstjens . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Agensys employees.