Agero (MA) Reviews

Dave Ferrick

1. BEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sebring, FL

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, guaranteed 40 hours a week, plenty of overtime and incentives to average $30,000 a year. My site really cares about it's agents. They'll work with you and fight to keep you on as an agent as long as you do your job well and put in the effort. You have opportunities through the year to receive cash prizes, gift cards, special schedules. I have found that as long as you communicate with your management team they'll do their best to accommodate your needs. 4 months of training you become very knowledgeable and you're never on your own. The company works off of a points system 7 points vs a 3 strikes your out. I was ill for a week and was able to cluster the 7 points I would have had into 1. My advice to any employee is SAVE YOUR DR'S NOTES. This is of course a very goal and performance driven company but is it why we are one of the best and largest Agencies of our industry. You want to move up in the Company no problem. Plenty of opportunities for promotion, they PROMOTE from WITHIN before they search outside of the company for resources.

Cons

No complaints at this time

Advice to Management

keep up the great work thanks for remembering where you came from. :-)

2. Great place to work

I have been working at Agero (MA)

Pros

Very family oriented business to work for

Cons

Can't find any right now. Fun

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job

3. Overall a good company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Tucson, AZ

I worked at Agero (MA)

Pros

Agero had a lot of opportunities to move up within the call floor and become supervisors or go in to specialty teams.

Cons

Sometimes they are too metrics driven, it can be hard meet the scorecard goals at times.

5. HR

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind.

6. 6 Months- and not to be that guy, but....I

Current Employee - Response Agent in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Response Agent in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO when it's available can be beneficial. The overtime is plentiful, and free coffee. You can move to different departments when there are openings, and there's always something for you to look into

Cons

Like previously, overtime is so plentiful- it becomes inconveniently mandatory. You sign up for overtime and they throw more onto your schedule with very short notice. They expect you to be like robots- perfect scorecards, emotionless,and able to take continuous abuse without breaking down. Have an emergency? Here's a written warning or a final to add-on to your stresses. You can move around to distant projects BUT most times they just throw you around expecting perfection immediately. Customers are one thing, but their contracted vendors are another. Rude, arrogant, and most are never available though they are nearby. Chest pains at your desk? Ask security for a Tylenol. Honestly, this job is good for a short time, but long term has negative effects on your emotions, mental state, and actual physical health.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your power, give those admitting they need help a break, and quit ignoring us- WE'RE PEOPLE TOO!!!

7. Not worth the emotional effort for hours put in.

Former Employee - Response Agent in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Response Agent in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Agero (MA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was decent pay for full-time hours. You could choose which shift you prefer. And you got to pick either two days off together or one set weekend day and a floating weekday off. With the two together you had a flex start time within a certain window. With the set weekend day off you had a set start and end time. If it was slow you could sign up for "volunteer time off".

Cons

They don't go over some of the fine print that you sign on your first day. Apparently you sign something that states in the event of unforseen high volume calls they have the right to enforce mandatory overtime. They can schedule that overtime when they want. And if you don't show up because you were off for two days in a row and didn't know, they will still count it against you. Also, if one person in your area gets sick, plan getting sick. They don't sanitize the desks or chairs. And while there's supposed to assigned seating, it's never adhered to. So anyone could touch your stuff and leave their sick germs everywhere. If you get really sick, make sure to have a doctor's note. And if you've gained points for being sick, to the point that you're on any kind of write-up, you are ineligible to take a leave of absence. On a side note, yes "volunteer time off" was available when it was slow. But it was pushed on you when you were trying to get atleast close to 40 hours.

Advice to Management

Better communication between each other and your employees. Enough with the gossiping, especially on the floor. Clean the desks and chairs!!!

8. I enjoyed working here because I was helping people.

I worked at Agero (MA) full-time

Pros

Pay is not great. Very strict about telephone call handling guidelines and call times. Need more service providers in certain areas.

Cons

The people I worked with were nice and the work was fulfilling. I enjoyed helping people. We use maps to pinpoint locations and dispatch service across the country. All in all it was a good experience.

Advice to Management

When helping people stuck on the side of the road calls should not be timed so strictly. Sometimes you cannot get a service provider or even the police to go to the customers location. Because their safety is in jeopardy and we are not allowed to disconnect the call we should not get dinged for call times. It is unfair and counterproductive for the purpose of the call.

9. Supervisor

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time

Pros

benefits are great, overtime available, will work with you on schedule if you are an agent

Cons

pay is ok but could be better, expect you to get done way more than is possible when we have high levels of calls and real time issues to address

10. impossible to maintain

I worked at Agero (MA)

Pros

the people are the best

Cons

management and changing supervisor with other requirment

11. Dynamic, fun place to work. Great IT leadership and family company that cares.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapidly growing company, opportunities to grow and move through different departments. Great office atmosphere.

Cons

Culture is more based in the office, so work from home opportunities vary by department, but company has fantastic work-life balance and values family.

RSS Feed </> Embed