Agero (MA)

Good People, but...

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Medford, MA

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Generally the people are all really good to work with. Work environment is good and management has trust in employees. Feels good to work knowing that you are helping people often stranded or in a time of need. Company is investing in business but has lost a few large clients over the course of the last 2 years.

Cons

non recognizable brand name. old and corporate culture and the pay is not at market value for some of the back office positions.

invest in your back office culture. trying to become a tech company but not having the benefits and competitive pay is hurting your ability to attract and maintain skilled tech staff.

It is a love and hate relationship

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are guaranteed. Great benefits: potlucks, paid holidays, time off, insurance, 401k etc. Most of the employees are fun to work with, can be like a 2nd family depending who's team your on. Raises available according to the quality of your performances.There are time periods during the year where overtime is available all the time. The company is growing, good job security if you can handle it.

Cons

Consistent high call volume, slow days are rare. Customers can get pretty nasty sometimes and so can the tow providers. A few supervisors can be really lazy and others over the top. Hourly rate should be a little higher, but its getting better.

Fix scheduling so we are not at such a high call volume all the time, it would decrease stress upon the employees. It really sucks to be busy and then call after call is an upset customer or provider upset over holding times etc.

Agero (Formerly Cross Country Automotive Services)

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Medford, MA

I worked at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great company that cares for it's workers. The market leader in Private Label Roadside Assistance and claims management. Work life balance was a high priority along with health and family friendly benefits.

Cons

Training for the headquarters staff was often lacking, requiring the team members to get people up to speed on proprietary technologies and processes

customer service representative

I have been working at Agero (MA)

Pros

compettive pay benefits time-off policy

Cons

managmentcompettive pay benefits time-off policy

Do not bother

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Sebring, FL

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full time... that is the only thing.

Cons

No hang up policy for abusive customers, Too much overtime and too little staff.

Listen to your reps and attempt to make things better instead of just brushing things off. Get on the same page with everyone and not allow everyone to do as they wish.

Great growth potential, great people

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people are phenomenal. Good work ethic, but know how to make it fun. Definitely enjoyed coming to work most days. Also, the growth was great. I was able to grow rapidly within the company, and even tailor my position to include different areas I was interested in, even if they previously were not a part of that position. They really invested in helping you improve your skills and grow within, as long as you put the effort in as well.

Cons

The pay scale isn't great. Enjoying your job is great, but sometimes the pay was difficult. That being said, it was offset a lot by their investment in the persons growth.

Once you have invested in helping a person develop their skills, invest in keeping that person at the company. Bringing salaries up a small amount would make so many happy, and would keep people longer. Lower turn over rates are always money savers.

Great Begining

I have been working at Agero (MA)

Pros

The pay is descent.

Cons

Frustrating work day is a possibility

Remember the the importance of the contact center, as the front line.

Conflict of Interest

Current Employee - Call Center in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Boston, MA

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at Agero (MA) for 2yrs. The atmosphere was comfortable, some great people,room for advancement, flexible hours.

Cons

There was a lot of conflict of interest. As nice as it is to know people and get along, there was far too much open personal involvement between supervisors/employees. It was made very clear over time that in order to get where you want to go you have to be friends with certain people. I was also shocked to find out which Hr leaders and supervisors were going out for drinks after work along will other entry level employees.

I would investigate the personal relationships amongst the staff and look out for unfair bias to other employees that choose not to enter into the many cliques formed around the offices.

Pretty good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great schedules and timeframes, lots of time off , holidays, vacation, you get to put your feet up and drink your coffee while you take calls, lots of learning and growth opportunities. Lots of opportunities for monthly bonuses.

Cons

Stressful calls, quite busy, some of the employees are a bit odd looking, not too professional in conduct. You really have to prove yourself in this company.

Hire more qualified people or people who don't look like they've crawled out from under a rock.

I really like working at Agero. I feel like I'm part of a family.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sebring, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sebring, FL

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy helping people and the job I feel is emotionally rewarding.

Cons

It can be stressful at times and most employment opportunities are for evening shift.

Agero (MA) Photos