Agero (MA)

Dave Ferrick

Pretty good

Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat schedules and timeframes, lots of time off , holidays, vacation, you get to put your feet up and drink your coffee while you take calls, lots of learning and growth opportunities. Lots of opportunities for monthly bonuses.

ConsStressful calls, quite busy, some of the employees are a bit odd looking, not too professional in conduct. You really have to prove yourself in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified people or people who don't look like they've crawled out from under a rock.

Great Begining

I have been working at Agero (MA)

ProsThe pay is descent.

ConsFrustrating work day is a possibility

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the the importance of the contact center, as the front line.

Conflict of Interest

Call Center (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for more than a year

ProsI worked at Agero (MA) for 2yrs. The atmosphere was comfortable, some great people,room for advancement, flexible hours.

ConsThere was a lot of conflict of interest. As nice as it is to know people and get along, there was far too much open personal involvement between supervisors/employees. It was made very clear over time that in order to get where you want to go you have to be friends with certain people. I was also shocked to find out which Hr leaders and supervisors were going out for drinks after work along will other entry level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would investigate the personal relationships amongst the staff and look out for unfair bias to other employees that choose not to enter into the many cliques formed around the offices.

I really like working at Agero. I feel like I'm part of a family.

Sebring, FL

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for more than a year

ProsI enjoy helping people and the job I feel is emotionally rewarding.

ConsIt can be stressful at times and most employment opportunities are for evening shift.

Agero is a horrible company to work for unless your in management.

Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt does provide you with a paycheck.

ConsAnyone that is actually on the phone at this job is provided with a base rate of pay and an *almost unachievable bonus structure. They dont offer a set schedule even if youve been an employee for 2-3 + years if your doing regular customer service. Management has no clue what is going on most of the time,and paid time off isnt approved even when you have the extra hours to cover it. This job claims to be a "family owned company" ,they wouldnt give me time off when my family came to visit with 3 months advanced noticed..

The objective at "Agero" is to have you take a call as fast as possible to save them money,and to judge your stats off of customer service surveys which mind you are taken by a majority of people broken down on the side of the road.
The company rips off its contracted service providers by not paying out claims and its own employees by not paying bonuses.Agero has representatives pretend to be working for a company they are not while on the phone which also bothers me.

Hopefully the company keeps losing money.. It isnt somewhere anyone would want to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesnt know whats going on,theres no advice to be given. Except stop pretending to be a company that doesnt live up to the expectations it shows everyone.

Great job if you are able to avoid or handle frustration well

Response Agent (Current Employee)
Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for less than a year

ProsGood starting pay compared to other entry level jobs in the area
Professional and comfortable environment
Opportunities for advancement
Good coaching/mentoring program

ConsVery high expectations and it is a trhreat to your job if you don't meet them
Calls can be very stressful and frustrating depending on the customer

Advice to Senior Managementcut the associates a little more slack on the stats and expectations...this would increase morale and give all employees a better attitude thus better performance and representation of the companh

Awesome company

Management (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Agero (MA) full-time

ProsGreat working environment with knowledgeable and for the most part fun people. You have the chance to grow and learn there. I sometimes compared it to getting paid to go to college.

ConsI don't really have a downside to speak of... if there is anything to say Agero has much of what you see at any company. That's people for ya.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay strong and give direction and keep your people aligned.

Very heavy workload after no training

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Medford, MA

I have been working at Agero (MA) as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGreat pay, supportive and understanding bosses, highly skilled coworkers, friendly people, very interesting technology

ConsNo training and an extremely heavy workload

Advice to Senior ManagementGive proper training

I have had a solid and stable experience.

Irving, TX

I have been working at Agero (MA) full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reason is that if you do what you are supposed to do and you actively attempt to correct any shortcomings or errors, they will help you and work with you if you need anything.

ConsFor my position there is too much work and information to be completed and processed. There needs to be more support and better staffing. Things change frequently but they mostly change for the better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with those underneath you and attempt to provide better tools, communication and support.

Great Introduction to Call Center Management

Call Center Management (Former Employee)
Medford, MA

I worked at Agero (MA) full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbility to contribute and make a difference.
Co-workers
Being part of a growing company whose commitment to provide great client service and customer service was always number one.

ConsAt the time salaries were low but the experience I gained was invaluable.
It was clear that regardless of how good a job we did the telephone centers were destined to move out of state.

Worked for Agero (MA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Agero (MA) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Agero (MA) CEO Dave Ferrick. All 24 reviews posted anonymously by Agero (MA) employees.